OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

After getting great information and help on DIS about Paradise Pier Hotel, I pulled the trigger for Dec 15-19. Excited to return during the holidays again! We visited for the first time during the holidays last year.

I thought of all of you and our friend Sherry today, too (Hi out there Sherry) at Ralph's. I got Kroger brand pink peppermint stick ice cream. It is so good and just the treat to try and beat this horrible heat! :santa:

I thought of all of you and our friend Sherry today, too (Hi out there Sherry) at Ralph's. I got Kroger brand pink peppermint stick ice cream. It is so good and just the treat to try and beat this horrible heat! :santa:
I wish. It was 50 degrees here today:sad2:

So what can we expect for crowds Jan 1-4?

This year probably won't be as bad as last because it looks like So Cal APs can't get back in until 1/7, which I thought last year they got back in on 1/4? Delux AP get back in on 1/3 after a long break so you'll have those guys flooding the park before Christmas decorations are down.

I'm in too.:yay: December 11th-14th.
Our first visit to DL was last month when we had family visiting from Australia. I loved it so much - convinced my hubby we needed to upgrade to AP's for a return trip. Very excited about returning during the holiday season!

I have taken the plunge and booked a VIP tour for December 16th. I told the CM I wanted to heavily focus on the special aspects of Christmas that my kids have never seen before. Obviously we'll do rides and whatnot, but we can do those things on our own for the most part. I said I want it mainly focused on experiences, shows, trivia, etc that are related to Christmas. So hopefully that'll mean seats for the Christmas parade. I said I want my kids to see the IASW lighting and definitely see the fireworks. Fingers crossed the fireworks aren't cancelled on a day I'm spending an obscene amount of money with high hopes of getting bench seats for them ;)

Last year did they have any dining that included a reserved seating for the holiday parade? Does anyone have any details on this and the cost. If they have it this year I would like to possibly consider this and include it in my budget. Also for the holiday WOC was it much different than the usual WOC and what made it more for a holiday WOC?

Also for the holiday WOC was it much different than the usual WOC and what made it more for a holiday WOC?
Both the standard show and the holiday version had similar elements (e.g., mist screens, water cannon), but the music and video selections are different. The Season of Light version uses holiday music and wintry scenes. The Wikipedia page has a pretty good description of which music and images are used for both shows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter