OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

We did not make the flight. My son has strep. :( The doctor prescribed him some antibiotics but I am nervous they won't work because it is the same antibiotics she prescribed him 2 weeks ago when he had strep. We were supposed to spend tomorrow at Los Podres National Forest hiking and then check in at the Grand Californian on Sunday night. I am hope, hope, hoping that his fever will break and we can be there to check in on Sunday.

Stinks. Sometimes, this is how luck goes.

We did not make the flight. My son has strep. :( The doctor prescribed him some antibiotics but I am nervous they won't work because it is the same antibiotics she prescribed him 2 weeks ago when he had strep. We were supposed to spend tomorrow at Los Podres National Forest hiking and then check in at the Grand Californian on Sunday night. I am hope, hope, hoping that his fever will break and we can be there to check in on Sunday.

I hope the meds work and you are your way soon.

I was sitting on my couch with my 2 DDs listening to them talk about something non Disney related and having a good time about it. I kept thinking to myself..."man if they only knew what
will be happening in 23 days, they don't even know what is going to hit them".

I have a quick question...we purchased a vacation package through Disney, does Disney email you when they send out the travel docs? I know that when they do come, someone has to sign for them. Since DH and I both work, we will have to rearrange one of our schedules in order to be home to sign for them. Thanks in advance.

I have a quick question...we purchased a vacation package through Disney, does Disney email you when they send out the travel docs? I know that when they do come, someone has to sign for them. Since DH and I both work, we will have to rearrange one of our schedules in order to be home to sign for them. Thanks in advance.
Can either of you use your work address for Disney to send the travel documents? I did this once awhile back and it worked well for me. I don't remember Disney contacting me at all when they sent the documents out.

They didn't contact me. I got it exactly 21 days out on a Saturday.

I think UPS sends it. If you are signed up with them they give you alerts when you are receiving a package to the address on file. I always send everything to my moms home. I always call to tell her I am expecting a package, but she was already alerted by either UPS or USPS.

I have had problems with the APP. I wanted to be all set to enter on Sunday, so I entered one ticket 2 weeks ago, and it then said my ticket expired in 13 days or, 11/30. I called tech support and they said it is a known issue, but as long as the ticket has not been used before we actually enter the park, we should be good to go. I hope so! Don't want to get stuck at the entrance with a ticket issue.
I’ve seem others speak of this issue on the MP thread so you should be fine

Oh no! The antibiotics should kick in and he should be feeling better in 24 hours from the first dose.

We have gone once a year for the last 7 years and I think we’ve had one trip where no one was sick.

I hope he feels better soon!

So he woke up this morning feeling great. Skipping around the house and talking about Disneyland. No fever. So we booked the 3:25 flight out today. By 10 this morning we had drug all the luggage into the entryway ready for our ride to pick us up at 1:00 PM. Then, at 11:00 my daughter threw up. This is like a freaking comedy of errors!!!!! Doctor has called her in an antibiotic as well as we suspect strep for her as well. Canceled our flight AGAIN. Hoping to try to leave tomorrow. This beats all I have seen!

So he woke up this morning feeling great. Skipping around the house and talking about Disneyland. No fever. So we booked the 3:25 flight out today. By 10 this morning we had drug all the luggage into the entryway ready for our ride to pick us up at 1:00 PM. Then, at 11:00 my daughter threw up. This is like a freaking comedy of errors!!!!! Doctor has called her in an antibiotic as well as we suspect strep for her as well. Canceled our flight AGAIN. Hoping to try to leave tomorrow. This beats all I have seen!
Ugh. I hope you get to leave tomorrow.

Oh my goodness....sending positive thoughts that you are able to leave tomorrow!!!

Tell the doc to call in meds for the whole family and everyone can take them! Oh geez- you poor thing! Not only sick kiddos but trying to get going with a trip- I hope you leave tomorrow!!!

Tell the doc to call in meds for the whole family and everyone can take them! Oh geez- you poor thing! Not only sick kiddos but trying to get going with a trip- I hope you leave tomorrow!!!
Millie we did just that! All 5 of us are on antibiotics now!

Have any of y'all seen or read Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy? We are on so much medicine I feel like we are propped up like Zaphod when his brain was being powered by lemons, but we are on the plane!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter