OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

Oh my goodness! I get to join this lovely megathread!! We are making a surprise, short visit in 5 days! We've never planned a trip less than week in advanced, but here we are! Those Frontier $20 airfare tickets are too hard to pass up... SOOO incredibly excited!!

Oh my goodness! I get to join this lovely megathread!! We are making a surprise, short visit in 5 days! We've never planned a trip less than week in advanced, but here we are! Those Frontier $20 airfare tickets are too hard to pass up... SOOO incredibly excited!!
$20 tickets...holy cow! That price in Canada might let you get on the plane.....but you wouldn't even get to taxi out on the runway lol. Have a great trip!

The Grand California has continued their annual tradition of building a huge gingerbread replica of the hotel in their lobby!
DSC_0209_zpsibg1qpwt.jpg

DSC_0201_zpswqjwmi4x.jpg

DSC_0206_zpsbs53hhqf.jpg

This year's house features Chip and Dale in front!
DSC_0210_zpsor0xymim.jpg

And there are twenty-five Hidden Mickeys! Some are easy to see...
DSC_0221_zps0w2ixk9o.jpg

Others blend in quite well...
DSC_0230_zpsguon88fh.jpg

I'll be posting more photos of the Hidden Mickeys in my Holiday Trip report, along with other photos from the trip!

So just to update a little- as we all expected today was BUSY in the parks! On a mid-day nap now but today during EE at DLR at 7:30 PP was 70 mins and nothing was a walk on!! The lines are way way lingers then this time last year and I’m honestly a bit scared of the lines as our trip goes on.... BUT after the arrival day (which went wrong in pretty much every way possible) we’ve really had fun in the parks- all CM’s have generally been ready to have large crowds coming in and most of the people we’ve encountered have been happy and polite- there’s always a few.... but anyway it’s BUSY but still plenty of fun to be had and thank you MP- so easy to get FP!

So just to update a little- as we all expected today was BUSY in the parks! On a mid-day nap now but today during EE at DLR at 7:30 PP was 70 mins and nothing was a walk on!! The lines are way way lingers then this time last year and I’m honestly a bit scared of the lines as our trip goes on.... BUT after the arrival day (which went wrong in pretty much every way possible) we’ve really had fun in the parks- all CM’s have generally been ready to have large crowds coming in and most of the people we’ve encountered have been happy and polite- there’s always a few.... but anyway it’s BUSY but still plenty of fun to be had and thank you MP- so easy to get FP!

Whoa busy! I’m glad your having fun though. Just enjoy the moments. I bed even though things have been stressful your kiddos are having a blast!

$20 tickets...holy cow! That price in Canada might let you get on the plane.....but you wouldn't even get to taxi out on the runway lol. Have a great trip!

Haha! I hear that. It was definitely shocking to see them that low! For a while, we couldn't get anything lower than about $110-$120 one way on Southwest or Frontier. Have to add on seats and baggage, but still way cheaper than usual.

Thank you!! :)

Just got a message from UPS that my package arrives tomorrow. Right at the 21 day mark. 3 more weeks for our trip.

I wish UPS sent us a message saying that my package was arriving. Kids came home from school and saw a note attached to our door from UPS saying that they were sorry that they missed us (thank goodness it only had our name on it, nothing about the package) and they will try again tomorrow, luckily I am off :yay:. The only thing, DH said he wants me to wait to open up the package until after he gets home because he wants to open it up with me...he is such big Disney kid :love:.

I wish UPS sent us a message saying that my package was arriving. Kids came home from school and saw a note attached to our door from UPS saying that they were sorry that they missed us (thank goodness it only had our name on it, nothing about the package) and they will try again tomorrow, luckily I am off :yay:. The only thing, DH said he wants me to wait to open up the package until after he gets home because he wants to open it up with me...he is such big Disney kid :love:.

We are signed up with UPS my choice. It is free and you just verify your address and anytime you have any packages it notifies you either by email or text.

We are signed up with UPS my choice. It is free and you just verify your address and anytime you have any packages it notifies you either by email or text.

This. I signed up for it after reading here that they didn’t provide tracking info.

Is it crazy windy there? Just wondering if fireworks will be cancelled all week. I will be there tomorrow, too. Preparing myself for crowds.

I am here now. It's EXTREMELY windy. Certainly no fireworks tonight and I suspect no WOC. Supposed to be very windy all week unfortunately.

Any seamstress in the group? I picked up sewing about 6 months ago. Put these together for my 1 year old for our trip. Cute and warm shoes! They have a band within in the boot that keeps it on her foot.

Ugh how do I add a picture?

So windy tonight! Is this normal December weather for Anaheim?

Tucked in for bed with my youngest. My husband is in the park with the "big" kids. I've never been here with a 3 year old before. It has its challanges, but oh how it brought me joy to see him smile and wave at Mickey, and watch him climb up so happy into the "baby elephant" ride, and how his little hand rested on my leg during pirates. ❤️

So windy tonight! Is this normal December weather for Anaheim?

Tucked in for bed with my youngest. My husband is in the park with the "big" kids. I've never been here with a 3 year old before. It has its challanges, but oh how it brought me joy to see him smile and wave at Mickey, and watch him climb up so happy into the "baby elephant" ride, and how his little hand rested on my leg during pirates. ❤️

It is not typical in that it's usually not windy and warmer than it is now. That said, the Santa Ana winds are a common weather pattern here. They usually kick up for a few days at a time, very dry usually warm winds, more often in the fall but we can get them anytime. It's colder tonight than we usually are with Santa Ana's but it's supposed to warm up for the rest of the week.

Any seamstress in the group? I picked up sewing about 6 months ago. Put these together for my 1 year old for our trip. Cute and warm shoes! They have a band within in the boot that keeps it on her foot.

Ugh how do I add a picture?
Those are sweet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter