Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

My husband and I are visiting very soon to celebrate his retirement from the fire department. Any ideas of suggestions? We are staying at CBR and I am looking to have the cake delivered to the room. Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you so much for this thread and all the detailed ordering info in the first page! We have a stay at the Yacht Club booked in late January, and they agreed to make a cake for my daughter's 11th birthday. I'm so excited!
Who did you talk to? I was told to email Sandra at BW and the reply I received was they aren’t doing any custom cakes right now. Who else can I call?

I am sure the wonderful bakers at the Yacht Club will do an awesome job. Hopefully come back and post a pic here. Enjoy

Who did you talk to? I was told to email Sandra at BW and the reply I received was they aren’t doing any custom cakes right now. Who else can I call?

Hi there! I just called the number for the Yacht Club in the main post. It took me a few tries - once it rang endlessly, once it went to a weird automated voicemail, and once I just got put on some Disney hold loop. But eventually I spoke with Yamira who got the ball rolling.

OK, friends, need some inspiration ideas. (If anyone has pictures, or has done something). We're going to be at the parks for my parent's 40th wedding anniversary this March. We're hoping for Narcoosee's on our first night, and I want to get them a cake.

I'm thinking a six inch, with a print out of Mickey and Minnie being romantic in some way, and "40 Years of Happily Ever After" written somewhere. I know from reading this thread over the years that the best way to get something out of the GF team is to be vague in some ways and specific in others. Definitely just want vanilla cake with chocolate buttercream and then fondant on top. Mom's not big on desserts and likes to keep it simple, but Dad is a total chocoholic, so I thnk this is a good compromise. I make my reservations next week, and I'll probably start on the cake almost right away, so wish me luck!

I'm thinking a six inch, with a print out of Mickey and Minnie being romantic in some way, and "40 Years of Happily Ever After" written somewhere. I

There's a white chocolate Mickey and Minnie figurine they can put on the cake if they don't have a screen print like you want:

There's a white chocolate Mickey and Minnie figurine they can put on the cake if they don't have a screen print like you want:

Yes, I'm considering that too, though I am trying to keep the price at least a LITTLE bit down. (I'll spring for it probably though)

We’re taking our middle kiddo on his “only child” trip at the end of February. A cake wasn’t on my list of must-do surprises for him (is for his younger sister though) but with how few special activities are available to book right now (tours and experiences etc) i’m Thinking about having a cake done for him.
He’s 13 and loves many things Disney, but his all time favorite character is Figment.

I’ve been following this thread for years and have seen several fun inspiration pictures for Figment cakes. If you happen to have one that hasn’t been posted here, I’d love to see it.

Other than design, I’m here’s what I’m trying to figure out:
We’re staying at Boardwalk and his first park day is Epcot. Am I likely to have an easier time and/or better custom cake trying to go though Boardwalk to be delivered either to the room or a BW restaurant or
Epcot to be delivered at a Garden Grill ADR
or I could make a reservation at a Yacht Club restaurant and go through them.

DH is no help as he just wants it delivered to the room (if that’s still possible with covid restrictions) because he doesn’t want to have to get the cake from an ADR back to the resort.

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

What are some of the very best flavors of cakes at Disney and at which hotel do you get those?

Other than design, I’m here’s what I’m trying to figure out:
We’re staying at Boardwalk and his first park day is Epcot. Am I likely to have an easier time and/or better custom cake trying to go though Boardwalk to be delivered either to the room or a BW restaurant or
Epcot to be delivered at a Garden Grill ADR
or I could make a reservation at a Yacht Club restaurant and go through them.

DH is no help as he just wants it delivered to the room (if that’s still possible with covid restrictions) because he doesn’t want to have to get the cake from an ADR back to the resort.

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I think working with BoardWalk Inn will be easier than EPCOT. And then you can have the cake delivered to your room!

What are some of the very best flavors of cakes at Disney and at which hotel do you get those?

Post # 1 lists the most popular cake flavor combinations! Your best bet for flavor variety is the Grand Floridian, although the Contemporary, BoardWalk Inn and Yacht & Beach Club can do some of the more unusual ones.

Update...made some progress on the Figment cake but I can’t find the inspiration image anywhere. I thought I saved it on my phone but apparently not and I’m supposed to email it to them.

@lurkyloo any chance this description rings any bells? I’ve gone back through all the pages in the thread and can’t find it...

it was figment themed. Purple and orange were predominant colors. I feel like it was a 2 tier cake (but not a mini cake) but I can’t swear it wasn’t a single tier with a heavily loaded top which gave it extra height.
i Feel like I saw it recently, but I checked the most recent 40 pages a second time and still can’t find it

if anyone remembers can you point me in the right direction?

thanks @lurkyloo!!

it was sort of like this, but a bigger cake

If I remember correctly the wings were on the tier like wrapped on not 3 dimensional like this one and the top was different. And I’m pretty sure the whole cake was covered in fondant, (this one looks like frosted buttercream to me)

I can see it in my head...just can’t find it . Found a Mad hatter shaped one but that wasn’t it either. I’ve been looking at too many cakes 😂

@indyannamom Gosh, the only one I remember was this minicake:

Excited to surprise my husband with a birthday cake at the end of this month! I just placed an order with the bakery at the Contemporary since we will be at Bay Lake Tower. I left a voicemail yesterday and was called back today. I was quoted $59 for a 6" chocolate cake with peanut butter filling, chocolate buttercream, and the white chocolate monorail. With the current precautions, they can't deliver the cake to our villa, but I was told to pick it up from The Wave. Hopefully, everything works out!

Fingers crossed it all works out, but I’m excited to have ordered a Figment cake for my DS on our upcoming trip! I have a feeling it’s going to be waaay to much cake, but sounds like breakfast to me!

I called the number from the 2nd post for Boardwalk (where we’re staying) and was told by the first CM that their bakery isn’t doing custom cakes right now and that they all being handled by the GF. He put me on hold to transfer me but came back on the line and said the person I needed to talk to wasn’t there until 5 and suggested I call back.

I called the Boardwalk number back around 5:30 and it was answered by a different CM. When I recounted what the earlier CM had told me she sounded confused, so I asked, if I hadn’t told you about my earlier conversation, what would you have said to my custom cake inquiry. She said she would have transferred me to their (BW) bakery. She said she’d call over to the GF and check and came back on the line to say she was going to transfer me to the GF private dining line.

I spoke with Kate who was lovely. Sent her a follow-up email with a few pictures. She had planned on calling me back that evening but sent a late evening email apologizing for not getting back to me by phone and forwarding info on to the person in her role on the next shift.

I got a follow up email this am email and a call with private dining. There was a little confusion on the design so eventually connected with Fabi in the bakery itself to go over the details. She was wonderful to work with.

all set...figment themed, fondant covered 2tier 3inch over 6inch (not a mini cake but similar proportions) lemon cake with raspberry jam (DS doesn’t like chocolate and he’s picky about textures so the mouses were out).
I can’t wait to see how it turns out!

It’s not until the last day of February so it will be awhile but I’ll post pictures once we have it :)

While I'm sure this isn't really news, I tried calling the line at Boardwalk to see if they'd started doing cakes yet and the answer is still no. :( We're staying at BWV and a cake back at the room was really my favorite option. I'm not liking the cost to satisfaction ratios with some of the outside bakery reviews, I canceled my one ADR at the GF and our ADRs at YC and Contemporary are kind of iffy...so I think I'm just going to get domes at Amorette's and be done with my cake quest. Heck, I'll have my car...I might even go to Publix.

For anybody who has successfully ordered a cake recently: What number are you using and what options did you choose to get to a person? I’m staying at Pop which would use Boardwalk Bakery, but I get nowhere with their number and then when I try the main cake hotline, there are no options for resorts, only parks. I just keep hitting dead ends! I’m willing to pickup wherever I need to! Any suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter