**Official DLR October 2020 Check In Thread...Take 2!!**

We are on the fence about going to WDW if DL does not open too. Not too thrilled about flying...just for the added cost and well and safety of it. I feel safe going to the parks because I see how many safety measured they have in place. But the plane/airport concerns me a bit.

Plus we have never been to WDW. But it seems so nice right now since you don't have to plan things months in advance.

We have never been to WDW either. We had a baby moon trip planned for our first kiddo for the first week of April. We were supposed to fly into Orlando and hit WDW on our first and last day and then spend the rest of the time clearwater. But sadly had to cancel. Not to worried about the safety of flying right now but know that a long day of travel can be rough on a 4 month old.

Plus we have never been to WDW. But it seems so nice right now since you don't have to plan things months in advance.

Exactly! That is why I think planning for WDW is nuts! There are usually so many choices to make that it seems paralyzing. We love DLR because it is just so easy to plan. But I just booked an October weekend at WDW because we’ll be in Florida for something else over fall break. Gotta get my Disney Halloween fix in! We’ll only have two park days, but I just added on horseback riding at Fort Wilderness on our departure day, which is something you can’t do at DLR. So fun! I can’t wait! 🎃

Looks like my son's football team has an off week the week after Columbus day so things are looking up for an October trip. No hotel booked yet but I am close to pulling the trigger.
Well thanks to the delay in starting the season due to COVID the open week has now gone away so it looks like November will be our only trip this fall (unless we have football playoffs, though at the moment it looks like there won't be any for his school's classification)

We have a trip planned for the last week of October that we are wondering if the parks will be open. We rented DVC at GCH, but we were told by the rental company that even if the parks were closed then we would not received a refund. They said we have to cancel before the 60 days check-in to get a partial refund through the "no questions asked cancellation" add-on or risk losing the full amount if the parks were closed during our stay. Is anyone else with DVC rentals at GCH for September or October being told that there are no refunds even if the GCH is still closed? That doesn't seem right to me since if the rental company is not able to fulfill their end of the the contract then shouldn't they have to give a full refund?
Yep, I rented Aulani privately thru the board here and GCH with David‘s. It’s such a mess. The trip was a once-in-a-lifetime present for my nephew. About to cancel my flight today.
We are from Germany and there is no hope left...😭

I'm still hanging in, I don't have a package, I have booked flights and hotels separately and direct with the airline and hotels. I am going to wait until very last minute, my cut off point is 7 days days before my flight as I need to renew my tourist visa and book transport.

By that stage, I might just roll everything forward to November or the start of December if I can't travel. As long as I still have flights booked in 2020 I can change the dates without any charge. My hotels are booking only and can be cancelled up to 24 hours before arrival without a charge.

Just talked to my cousin about October as I was planning on combining a visit with her and going to DL a couple of days while I'm there. We've agreed that I'll only stay with her if OC (DL), LA County (where she lives) and my county are in the 'orange' category. She says she just wouldn't feel comfortable otherwise and I respect her feelings.

I'm still hoping to go in Oct (if the stars align), but I'll have to figure the 'logistics' much closer to any 'departure date'.

We had a package and our final payment was due, so I gave up. I think this was our 3rd re-booking. Lost a discount and a $200 merchandise voucher. We were holding out hope on a fall break DLR trip since we didn't get to go this summer and we weren't going to be seeing Hugh Jackman on Broadway which was the original fall break plan, but with the payment being due it was time to shut it down. When I called, I was told they feel like there is a good chance the hotels will be open by October- but I said I didn't want to risk it without knowing if the parks are open and even if they are we don't know what the reservation system will be for parks and the chances of getting in everyday- what will be open etc.

How are everyone’s nerves? Usually by this point I am so excited for an upcoming trip. This one I am filled with dread and worry.....due to possible cancellation. I wont need to cancel until last minute....but It is getting so hard not knowing!!

How are everyone’s nerves? Usually by this point I am so excited for an upcoming trip. This one I am filled with dread and worry.....due to possible cancellation. I wont need to cancel until last minute....but It is getting so hard not knowing!!
I’m excited but then I almost force myself to stop being excited. Very much have a guard up and don’t think I will relax and enjoy until we enter our room at pop.

Trip scheduled for mid next month. Nerves at first were as bad as original anxiety over Covid19. High! At this point though, I’m over it. Over both the virus and the shutdown. If my trip doesn’t happen the $$ goes back in the bank. I won’t rebook. Can’t keep riding the rollercoaster on either front. Not to be a negative Nancy. Just done ...

ok, small baby steps, I just saw today that beginning September 14, 2020, the USG will remove requirements for directing all flights carrying airline passengers arriving from, or recently had a presence in, certain countries to land at one of 15 designated airports and halt enhanced entry health screening for these passengers. Currently, enhanced entry health screening is conducted for those arriving from, or with recent presence in, China (excluding the Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau), Iran, the Schengen region of Europe, the United Kingdom (excluding overseas territories outside of Europe), Ireland, and Brazil.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/s-0909-covid-19-entry-strategy-air-passengers.html
This basically means that my airline Aer Lingus can now resume direct flights from Dublin to LAX. Currently Aer Lingus is only flying to JFK, Chicgao or Boston and using Jet Blue for passenger who want to go go LAX.

Its the first step in the travel bans being lifted. The Irish Government are in the middle of reviewing our travel restrictions too. There will be a new plan published around 20th September.

Trip scheduled for mid next month. Nerves at first were as bad as original anxiety over Covid19. High! At this point though, I’m over it. Over both the virus and the shutdown. If my trip doesn’t happen the $$ goes back in the bank. I won’t rebook. Can’t keep riding the rollercoaster on either front. Not to be a negative Nancy. Just done ...
Meanwhile ... I just priced a trip to WDW for this same time period. :crazy: I can get a room at Contemporary and tickets for the cost of my room at DLH. (Room @ Contemporary is $385/nt. I can walk to MK, which sounds amazing right now.)
Two days ago I said I was done, but I suppose I will never be done with Disney parks. 💖
What would you do? Waiting until 9/25 to make final decision.

Meanwhile ... I just priced a trip to WDW for this same time period. :crazy: I can get a room at Contemporary and tickets for the cost of my room at DLH. (Room @ Contemporary is $385/nt. I can walk to MK, which sounds amazing right now.)
Two days ago I said I was done, but I suppose I will never be done with Disney parks. 💖
We are going to Disney world.

I'd do it in a heartbeat as long as long as I could drive to WDW. My biggest concern isn't WDW itself, it's the airports you have to traverse to get there! We're going 2021, but we always pull our trailer to Ft W. In these 'Covid Times' I think it's the safest way to travel. No public potties and no having to buy meals.

I'd do it in a heartbeat as long as long as I could drive to WDW. My biggest concern isn't WDW itself, it's the airports you have to traverse to get there! We're going 2021, but we always pull our trailer to Ft W. In these 'Covid Times' I think it's the safest way to travel. No public potties and no having to buy meals.
I just wanted to say that I think it's so awesome you haul a trailer to Ft Wilderness. Sounds like an amazing trip! How long does it usually take to get there?

I just wanted to say that I think it's so awesome you haul a trailer to Ft Wilderness. Sounds like an amazing trip! How long does it usually take to get there?

Well, we tow all the way from No Cal. Depending on our route it's between 6-7 days. We usually drive between 450-600 miles per day. We're retired so we can move at our own pace.

The drive is really a fun part of the trip. We do something we call "The Great ChipHunt". Our younger (adult) son loves chips of all kinds so as part of the drive whenever we stop we look for 'regional' potato chips, brands or flavors we can't find at home, and bring them home for a family taste test.

The last 2 times we went on to Great Smoky Mtn NP to recuperate. Next year it's a week in the Keys!

We are seriously considering it. We are more concerend about flying safety wise then any concerns at Disney. We have been to DTD and felt super safe. I would go if you could. =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter