***Official June 2018***

Right now I’ve got one short morning 6/17 at HS for TSMM, Star Tours, and whatever else we can do in a couple of hours, but I’m not burning any FP’s on it because we have those same rides here at DL and they are identical. No one here has any interest in RnR or ToT (ours is “cooler” now as Gaurdians of the Galaxy) I’m planning afternoon FP’s for that day with a nice break at the pool. I have a second day there, late evening 6/19 for ADR at Minnie’s Seasonal H&V dinner (for the 2 year old) and Star Wars fireworks after a morning at AK. I’m questioning the morning though, if TSL opens early and its mayhem then we will go to plan B (likely eating/drinking around WS in Epcot) but at least we’ll have afternoon Fp’s

Last edited:
I might even just trade that AM HS for an extra Pandora morning if I get so lucky!!

I'm going through the same motions... I'm thinking that if we're not too tired on arrival day, we might try to catch the Star Wars Fireworks that night. We plan to be at Epcot that afternoon/evening, so it would be easy to head over to DHS just for the fireworks. If we decide we don't want to do it that night, we have a few other evenings that are flexible/empty that we could go to DHS for a few hours. We'll do rope drop at DHS one day. We do like TSMM but if they're still operating it as standby only and don't have at least 2 tracks running by that point, I don't think I want to deal with what will be crazy long lines during the day. It's been a long time since we've had to do "the running of the bulls" at rope drop in order to get on TSMM, but we just might have to in June. There's a teeny tiny part of me that hopes it's closed that week (we're there the week before TSL opens) to finish up the queue reconfiguration -- then there is no decision to be made. :)

It's the same for us! We've got plenty of time, but in the back of my head I keep thinking "Do I really want to waste two nights on Hollywood Studios?"

Especially since Illuminations is going away and its my favorite fireworks show. I'd rather do that two or three times and enjoy Epcot rather than HS. We've seen Fantasmic before, so if worse comes to worse we'll do one night of the fireworks.

When is Illumiantions going dark? Needs an update but boo! somehow we slipped into 90 day range (94 actually). Need to nail down plans for our gap days-kids want beach...

Just hoping for some AP preview of TSL or even a soft opening when we are there. Otherwise it's gonna have to wait for a few years...

When is Illumiantions going dark? Needs an update but boo! somehow we slipped into 90 day range (94 actually). Need to nail down plans for our gap days-kids want beach...

Just hoping for some AP preview of TSL or even a soft opening when we are there. Otherwise it's gonna have to wait for a few years...

I would take that as a grain of salt as it was originally reported by WDWNT. Here's the News and Rumors thread about it.

We are still currently planning at least 1 day in DHS, we have not been since 2009 and didn't do any shows. So that is my main focus, shows, rides and relaxing that day. I mean we're going for 9.5 park days, so for us I feel we can easily do at least 1 day there. All the star wars stuff is new to us, we have done star tours but things have changed it seems, and all shows and character meets will be our focus. If we can do a rope drop and get on TSM then we'll be good to go. One can hope that it'll still be open! That leaves us 8.5 days for 3 parks :)

I need to start making list of fast passes I want to try and get, we have a little less than 30 days left before our spot opens to make them!

Also paid off our trip today, whhoooohooooo!

Devin is 14 and Margaret is 10. How old are yours?
Hi I'm just reading through this thread to find other guests staying at FQ same time as us. We have a split stay. FQ is the 2nd half: June 6-10th. My girls will be 10 and 11 this month. Hope we can meet up. June 6th is the day we change resorts/rest day so that afternoon/evening we're planning on pool time. We're also planning on breaks many afternoons back at resort to swim...instead of the usual go, go, go!!

I thought it was confirmed, but I'll jump for joy if its still just a rumor.

Me too. I know I've seen it a million times but I LOVE Illuminations. I told DH if they discontinue it before we go in June we HAVE to get down there sometime to watch it one last time! He thinks I'm crazy.

I'm not sure if it's been discussed on here or not, but is anyone planning any special extras? Wild Africa Trek, dessert parties, etc?

I've got some extra unexpected money coming in so I'm trying to decide how to spend it (of course it goes to Disney lol) - either upgrading the resort somehow (club level or view maybe) or on something else extra.

I'm not sure if it's been discussed on here or not, but is anyone planning any special extras? Wild Africa Trek, dessert parties, etc?

I've got some extra unexpected money coming in so I'm trying to decide how to spend it (of course it goes to Disney lol) - either upgrading the resort somehow (club level or view maybe) or on something else extra.

We usually do at least one dessert party. I have the Star Wars one booked but I'm not 100% sure I'll keep it this time around.

We are doing Wild Africa Trek? Never did it before but heard good things. Our girls love animals so thought this would be something different. Not cheaper either.

Looking at Caring for Giants tour. Just waiting on older DD's plans...If she gets summer alumni in Disneyland then no prob-book for 4 of us. If she gets (& accepts) WDW then I just don't know. Guess I could book for 5 and hope she gets ( or is approved) for that day off.
Hoping she knows by mid March...
I have also wanted to do Behind the Seeds tour...

Looking at Caring for Giants tour. Just waiting on older DD's plans...If she gets summer alumni in Disneyland then no prob-book for 4 of us. If she gets (& accepts) WDW then I just don't know. Guess I could book for 5 and hope she gets ( or is approved) for that day off.
Hoping she knows by mid March...
I have also wanted to do Behind the Seeds tour...
We've done both of those tours, and they're REALLY good. Caring for Giants has so many per day you don't need to worry about getting it booked early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter