• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official June 2019***

We leave in 9 days for my DD18 graduation trip :dancer:. So much to do in so little time. Her graduation ceremony is tomorrow night, but after that it will be vacation mode baby!!!! You should see all of our rooms, we have so many piles of vacation necessities. Everything will be going in the suitcases this weekend since DH starts his vacation on Friday, DD15 and I both have a 3 day weekend from work and school and of course DD18 isn't doing much now, except helping out with getting the house ready for us to leave. I can't believe I can actually say we will be in WDW next week :banana:.

Love the blinged band! You can actually put crystals on the Mickey head if you want. I've heard some people do that so they can line up the Mickey head easier with the RFID reader. It doesn't interfere with the reader.
I didn’t realize you could put stuff on top of the band and it not interfere with tapping the band. That’s good to know.

Ten days until we load up and hit the road.. leaving Bowmanville Ontario 12:30pm and driving straight through to Bay Lake Tower.. this will be our first trip as DVC and AP members should arrive late morning on the 31.. 5 parks days two pool/Disney spring days... although being AP and walking distance from our room, our goal is to go to Magic Kingdom every day even if it’s to just go and grab some ice cream and hit the shops in Main Street.. we all can’t wait and kids are very excited to drive again.. they get a kick out of being in a car for 21 hrs (thankfully they are amazing travellers)

6/1 HS
6/2 pool /DS
6/3 MK
6/4 AK
6/5 pool /DS
6/6 MK
6/7 Epcot
6/8&9 drive home

Ten days until we load up and hit the road.. leaving Bowmanville Ontario 12:30pm and driving straight through to Bay Lake Tower.. this will be our first trip as DVC and AP members should arrive late morning on the 31.. 5 parks days two pool/Disney spring days... although being AP and walking distance from our room, our goal is to go to Magic Kingdom every day even if it’s to just go and grab some ice cream and hit the shops in Main Street.. we all can’t wait and kids are very excited to drive again.. they get a kick out of being in a car for 21 hrs (thankfully they are amazing travellers)

6/1 HS
6/2 pool /DS
6/3 MK
6/4 AK
6/5 pool /DS
6/6 MK
6/7 Epcot
6/8&9 drive home
Sounds like such an awesome family time!

June 5 illuminations cruise 6 seats available. I have reserved an illuminations cruise out of the yacht club for June 5. So far we are a party of 4 (56, 17, 42, 12 year olds). Please let me know if you’d like to share it with us. Message me thru the DIS or reply here. We’re 12 days out and counting.....

Hey everyone, the new magic band upgrade options are live, albeit with the classic disney website “enhancements” of stitch chowing down on your pages but i did get through to order ours.

And if im reading correctly you have up until 11 days before your trip now to still get ANY of your resort magic bands shipped.

I saw that too! There are some really great designs and for only $10 it's a good deal, especially since you can use them on future trips. I was curious about the 11 days out since I just finalized ours the other day and it was still saying May 23 was the last day, but that is 30 days out.

We leave in 9 days for my DD18 graduation trip :dancer:. So much to do in so little time. Her graduation ceremony is tomorrow night, but after that it will be vacation mode baby!!!! You should see all of our rooms, we have so many piles of vacation necessities. Everything will be going in the suitcases this weekend since DH starts his vacation on Friday, DD15 and I both have a 3 day weekend from work and school and of course DD18 isn't doing much now, except helping out with getting the house ready for us to leave. I can't believe I can actually say we will be in WDW next week :banana:.

Woo hoo! Congrats to your DD- I hope the ceremony goes well and you don't cry too much. I also hope the time flies so you'll be in your happy place sooner than you can imagine!

6/1 HS
6/2 pool /DS
6/3 MK
6/4 AK
6/5 pool /DS
6/6 MK
6/7 Epcot
6/8&9 drive home

How exciting that your first DVC/AP trip is so close to the magic! I know I couldn't resist popping into MK every day if I were that close either. Your kids are awesome if they're good with a 21 hour drive! That's bringing back memories of our family car trips from Texas to Ohio and Virginia when I was a kid to visit family, and Disney a few times. It is really wonderful family bonding time. Hope the time flies for you too!

My trip got turned completely upside down.

My inlaws were supposed to come stay with our dogs at our house like they usually do, but this time the kids were staying home too.

They have cancelled on us, and the grandparents the boys would stay with in this situation are also going on a trip during this week. After much discussion with DH, it's no longer a couples trip - it's a solo trip. He is going to stay home while I go. A friend is joining me for a couple of days at the end.
So Backstage Magic has been cancelled, and most of our dinners. I haven't decided on the Rivers of Light dessert party yet.

My friend will be taking DH's ticket for the DHS After Hours, and we are adding the villains after hours event at the MK on the 13th.

It's been a whirlwind past few days to say the least!

Anyone else checking the 14 day forecast on the Weather Channel? Not for the rain predictions (which LITERALLY change several times a day), but for the TEMPS. Folks, grab your cooling towels and your water bottles because it is going to be hot as you-know-what!!! :crazy2:

Anyone else checking the 14 day forecast on the Weather Channel? Not for the rain predictions (which LITERALLY change several times a day), but for the TEMPS. Folks, grab your cooling towels and your water bottles because it is going to be hot as you-know-what!!! :crazy2:

Yeah I just saw that, perfect for my heat sensitive symptoms!

Boardwalk Studio here for our 15 year wedding anniversary without kids!!! June 6-9.

Got you on the list, sorry for the delay and welcome!

June 6-13th at All Star Sports! Can't wait.

Welcome and sorry for the delay to you as well!

Same here! Nice to see another May/June crossover.

My trip got turned completely upside down.

My inlaws were supposed to come stay with our dogs at our house like they usually do, but this time the kids were staying home too.

They have cancelled on us, and the grandparents the boys would stay with in this situation are also going on a trip during this week. After much discussion with DH, it's no longer a couples trip - it's a solo trip. He is going to stay home while I go. A friend is joining me for a couple of days at the end.
So Backstage Magic has been cancelled, and most of our dinners. I haven't decided on the Rivers of Light dessert party yet.

My friend will be taking DH's ticket for the DHS After Hours, and we are adding the villains after hours event at the MK on the 13th.

It's been a whirlwind past few days to say the least!

There's nothing like things going sideways at the last minute to drive a person mad. At least you seem to be taking it in stride! I think you'll still have a great time and be able to experience things a little differently, even if it wasn't what you planned.

I just wanted to say, I only have 11 days left. This is my family first Disney Vacation!!!!. :dogdance:

Wow! Congratulations and I hope you have a great first trip and many more to come!

The SDD queue is NOT going to be your friend. :faint:

And speaking of bad news, WHAT THE BLEEP, CASEY'S CORNER??? The corn dog nuggets were NOT broke, YOU DID NOT NEED TO "FIX" THEM. :furious: :furious: :furious:

I was debating getting the DAS due to my MS and now I'm pretty sure I'm at least going to ask and hope the poor CM takes pity on me. And agreed about the corn dog nuggets. What in the world is going on? Did someone go mad?

I was debating getting the DAS due to my MS and now I'm pretty sure I'm at least going to ask and hope the poor CM takes pity on me. And agreed about the corn dog nuggets. What in the world is going on? Did someone go mad?
If you qualify for the DAS, then for heaven's sake, GET IT. A dear friend of mine's mom had MS, and standing in the air conditioned grocery store could be too much. Don't be a hero, not in that kind of heat.

And yes, some idiot who never actually ATE the corn dog nuggets, and probably had all kinds of personally inflicted and completely unnecessary culinary restrictions, looked at the ingredients and said "Why don't we make it healthier for EVERYONE!!!" Because, of course, when we think "corn dog nuggets" we're thinking HEALTHY. :confused: :eek: :faint:

If you qualify for the DAS, then for heaven's sake, GET IT. A dear friend of mine's mom had MS, and standing in the air conditioned grocery store could be too much. Don't be a hero, not in that kind of heat.

And yes, some idiot who never actually ATE the corn dog nuggets, and probably had all kinds of personally inflicted and completely unnecessary culinary restrictions, looked at the ingredients and said "Why don't we make it healthier for EVERYONE!!!" Because, of course, when we think "corn dog nuggets" we're thinking HEALTHY. :confused: :eek: :faint:

Ok I'm DYING. Yes healthy and hot dogs lol! I can understand religious dietary stuff but like offer something different, don't consolidate! Maybe consider a veggie dog! But good grief don't ruin the one thing I like from there!

I'm sad to say I just canceled our planned trip for June. Maybe next year will work out better for us. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter