***Official May 2022 thread***

We are only going for 3 days this time (on our way to our "real" vacation ;)) so I am resigned to not getting any ADR we really want. I have no idea what to even try to get.

The only one I would love to get is Homecomin' but don't think we will make it to DS. Last time I got Homecomin' I booked it on day 6, don't think I have a chance this time anyway.

There's some really good-looking stuff for the festival!
As pretty as it is, I can't have that grapefruit item.
The items for the garden graze look AMAZING

Last edited:
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind may be ready by Memorial Day.

Georff Morrell, Chief Corporate Affairs Officer at Disney, tweeted that the ride is set to open on Memorial Day Weekend (before he deleted it).

Hopefully that means he just jumped the gun. I’m also hopeful that they’ll do AP and DVC previews during my stay. The alleged opening happens a few days after I leave.
Ahhhh!!!! I hope this is true! We are going to be in the parks through the 29th. Just hope it actually opens on the weekend and not specifically on Memorial Day when we're flying out.

Just bought our magic bands! I didn't want to pay more for magic band+ and availability has been scattered for plain color ones. There are six of us so if prices went up to $30 per magic band that would be really expensive. Plus we already got decorative sticker things for the magic bands that we'd planned to use in April 2020 and fit the old ones.

A certain popular crowd calendar just updated this morning with MK crowds on May 2 and 4 jumping to a 10! With the average crowd level and all other parks remaining quite low. Anyone have any idea what might be the cause for the jump? Not sure if there is an event I didn't see....I know the 4th is a deluxe night but from a level 2 to a 10, wow!

I believe it's because MK is closing early on 5/3 which will push the crowds into the two days surrounding that date.

I believe it's because MK is closing early on 5/3 which will push the crowds into the two days surrounding that date.
Okay thank you that makes sense! I didn't originally see that MK was closing at 4:30 on the 3rd. May need to adjust some plans!!

Decided to bite the bullet and rent a car. We went with Hertz as there was the option of the separate checking counter and such along with our AAA.

Since there will be an ECV involved we didn't want to risk missing a bus. I have seen videos where buses straight up passed by a person in an ECV while researching to make this decision. I did not want to leave anything up to chance with the "higher than normal" crowds.

We are only going for 3 days this time (on our way to our "real" vacation ;)) so I am resigned to not getting any ADR we really want. I have no idea what to even try to get.

The only one I would love to get is Homecomin' but don't think we will make it to DS. Last time I got Homecomin' I booked it on day 6, don't think I have a chance this time anyway.
I called Homecomin' a few weeks ago to see if they took direct reservations. I was told that they don't and you have to book reservations through Disney, but she also said that they don't give Disney all of their capacity, and there is some capacity held for walk-ups (she said there was currently walk-up availability with a 30-min wait). So if you happen to get to Disney Springs, it's worth stopping by to check the walk up wait just in case as you might still be able to get a table.

Got all our ADRs this morning - everything we wanted for the day/time we wanted. Almost worth the loss of sleep. 😴

We're all set for:

Homecomin'
Il Mulino
Oga's Cantina
Space 220
Steakhouse '71
Via Napoli

Seems like we might finally be going after rescheduling 3 times from our original May 2020 trip.

Got all our ADRs this morning - everything we wanted for the day/time we wanted. Almost worth the loss of sleep. 😴

We're all set for:

Homecomin'
Il Mulino
Oga's Cantina
Space 220
Steakhouse '71
Via Napoli

Seems like we might finally be going after rescheduling 3 times from our original May 2020 trip.
How many days out did you see availability for Space 220?

How many days out did you see availability for Space 220?
We booked Lunch at 60+8, but after we were done with all our ADRs, we looked to see what availability was like. Around 15-20 minutes after reservations opened, Space 220 had some availability starting at 60+4 IIRC. By mid-day, it looked to be booked through 60+6. Dinner seemed to book faster than Lunch, and the Lounge seemed to book faster than the main restaurant. As with most popular places, putting it as late in your trip as possible helps your chances.

I'm going May 15-21 and staying at Art of Animation! It's a rescheduled girls' trip with my nine year old daughter and my sister.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter