"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no! I was hoping for a Thursday, Nov 30 party. Thought we could hit a MVMCP the night before our Dec 1 weekend cruise on the Dream. Any chance of dates being added?
Other Thursdays included but not that one. Hmmmm.

Disney newbie here! Does the Disney Cast Member holiday party mean the parks will close early that day? We aren't doing MVMCP so trying to plan a day to stay late and see MK fireworks.

The MK will close @ 4:30pm on November 30th for the CM Celebration.

With the CM celebration on Nov 30th we are definitely out of luck for any hope of a MVMCP that night. Bummer.

I think either will be fine. If you are planning to do the Candlelight Processional wait and see who the narrators are and make your decision at that time. I don't think you have to worry about either of those nights selling out until closer to the actual party date.
Thank you :)
And thus far, we don't have any interest in the processional.
Well, I guess it depends on where we want to eat! Lol

Oh no! I was hoping for a Thursday, Nov 30 party. Thought we could hit a MVMCP the night before our Dec 1 weekend cruise on the Dream. Any chance of dates being added?
Other Thursdays included but not that one. Hmmmm.

Dates added - No. Never seen that kind of :tinker:.

Do you think there would be a big difference in the crowds on the 26th vs 28th? I didn't know how many people would still be in the parks on the 26th from their Thanksgiving trips.

They changed them two weeks before last December when I was there it would make sense since it falls between a few party nights

If they do have an EMH night on the 29th, will they have the regular fireworks show...say the new Happily Ever After show???

John

Do they tend to close a lot of the rides during the party? We're considering going but mainly because it's one of the days we were planning on going to MK anyway and we don't want to have to leave at 7pm, haha. We'd probably want to see a parade and fireworks, but not so much the other stuff, so we'd want to fill the rest of the time with rides.

Do they tend to close a lot of the rides during the party? We're considering going but mainly because it's one of the days we were planning on going to MK anyway and we don't want to have to leave at 7pm, haha. We'd probably want to see a parade and fireworks, but not so much the other stuff, so we'd want to fill the rest of the time with rides.
Most of the rides especially the major ones are open and lines are much shorter during the party

Super duper excited!!! Not only is there a party scheduled for the date I need (Dec 21st) but it's not the last party of the year this year, so hopefully it will be a little less crowded if it was the last one. Now to wait for the tickets to go on sale so I can get everything linked!

That is going to be one crowded party from what I have heard.
1 its is the last party many will flock to it.
2. its way closer to Christmas vs first week of dec.
You will need to pack your patience and plan your night out.

That is going to be one crowded party from what I have heard.
1 its is the last party many will flock to it.
2. its way closer to Christmas vs first week of dec.
You will need to pack your patience and plan your night out.

If your reply was to my post...
We'll have patience...but the 21st is our arrival day and we're staying through new year's so there's no going any earlier.
The party we'll go to is the 21st and there is currently one scheduled for the 22nd as well...so ours won't be the last.
I was prepared for our to be the last party... so the date they added after ours can't make it any worse than I was prepared for and it should actually make it better :)

If your reply was to my post...
We'll have patience...but the 21st is our arrival day and we're staying through new year's so there's no going any earlier.
The party we'll go to is the 21st and there is currently one scheduled for the 22nd as well...so ours won't be the last.
I was prepared for our to be the last party... so the date they added after ours can't make it any worse than I was prepared for and it should actually make it better :)

That close to Christmas they all sell out. But I imagine you are prepared for that.

I have attended a sold out MVMCP which was also the last party. We attended a sold out MNSSHP, last year, on Halloween. We were able to do everything we wanted @ both, rides M&G, parade, fireworks, etc. My planning did better than my patience, but no problems with my patience for real, just PP complaining & having no plan - so I had to tune out & realize that everyone is not prepared.
2016 MNSSHP: Jack & Sally, Cruella, 7D, Alice, Queen of Hearts, Tweedles, 7DMT, Barnstormer 11x, Tea Cups, Treats, etc. Parade & fireworks.

MVMCP 2015 - but had different characters last year, so will have to adjust plans this year.
Sandy Claws, Goofy Santa, Daisy, Minnie, Donald, Scrouge McDuck, Princesses with Princes, treats, Frozen Castle Show, fireworks, parade and a few rides.

Hope this helps. Sold Out parties can be enjoyable and worth it, most notable difference are areas for fireworks & parade. Last year wasn't bad compared to my previous party before Hub expansion.

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help me.

I'll be attending my first Christmas party and leave on the 15th November.

I don't want to attend the first party on the 9th as I think it will be manic and want to be able to find out where characters are located and the general set up (i will check from all the vloggers i follow haha).

I'm worried that updates on the above won't be posted until the day after the first party or even the day after that so don't want to attend on the 10th either.

Sun 12th and Tue 14th are the 2 possibilities for party dates.

What I'm wondering is, would you rather go on a Sunday which will obviously be busy due to being a weekend or the Tuesday and hope nothing goes wrong in terms of it getting cancelled (I.e weather issue) as we won't be able to attend another one due to leaving the following day?

Thank you

What is the best strategy for meeting the Dwarfs without spending the entire party in line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter