"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it's being reported elsewhere but if you call they have no clue what happened. So those would be the current dates for the parties.
Haha...So which are the correct dates? I'm so confused. Are the website dates correct beginning on the 9th?

Although the mde app shows
MDE had been wonky since the update so I'm trying not to use it right now. Maybe someone else will have better luck calling.

I stand by my statement that's Disney for ya. We have just been through trying to get ROL dining packages for July which was crazy.

I tried adding a photo but apparently it didn't load - the event info shows starting November 8 so who knows - once tickets are on sale it will clear things up or someone will finally post the correct list

I tried adding a photo but apparently it didn't load - the event info shows starting November 8 so who knows - once tickets are on sale it will clear things up or someone will finally post the correct list
The first day is Nov 8 on the app and Nov 9 on the website. The website is showing Nov 10 as a party day but that date is not on the app. We will be there from Nov 5-11 so it doesn't matter as much for me because we can attend either way, but I feel bad for people who are counting on the 8th if it doesn't happen.

November 9 and 10th make more sense than the 8th. I'm thinking that it started on the 8th last year and someone just didn't update it correctly. :rolleyes:

It looks like we will be going to that party as well. We will also be there for the Tuesday night party (11/28) but for some reason I feel like Friday is best for us since we are leaving Saturday and don't have park tickets, but also not an early flight. Hopefully it won't be too bad. I have been to MNSSHP just a few days before Halloween and those seem to be more popular. The park felt jam packed during the parade, but the rest of the time it didn't feel packed at all and we were able to jump right on most rides we wanted to ride.

Thank you for your insight. I guess I'm just concerned with a Friday night party, might be a lot of locals?

And this is just a thought, but does Disney usually throw a party for the CM's during the holiday season? I'm not saying they don't deserve a special appreciation party, because they totally do, and I get it. I don't remember this being a part of 2016 MVMCP planning and discussions though. Just seems like bad timing to me.

Thank you for your insight. I guess I'm just concerned with a Friday night party, might be a lot of locals?

And this is just a thought, but does Disney usually throw a party for the CM's during the holiday season? I'm not saying they don't deserve a special appreciation party, because they totally do, and I get it. I don't remember this being a part of 2016 MVMCP planning and discussions though. Just seems like bad timing to me.

I think Friday will be more busy than Tuesday, but I still think it works better for us schedule wise. I don't know anything about the staff party, but in reading these forums it seems they do it every year. I think maybe sometimes it's not at MK. P.S. my daughter is also named Lucy!

You don't remember it being part of your 2016 planning because it was earlier in November last year. I think it was the week before Thanksgiving.

And why are the month names on the website in a different language? SMH November 8th is the final planned night of our trip and I was really looking forward to being able to try the Christmas party :(

Guys, I just found out about the food booths at Epcot for the holidays!!! I'm in food heaven :cloud9:

Genuinely gutted. We were waiting for them to release the dates before booking the flights, so that we could add an extra couple of days if needed...

Dates released, we were hoping for the 8th and we're delighted we wouldn't have to add any days to our package. Return flights booked for the 9th, so now we'll miss the party... We specifically planned our trip around attending both parties... bummed out to say the least.

Genuinely gutted. We were waiting for them to release the dates before booking the flights, so that we could add an extra couple of days if needed...

Dates released, we were hoping for the 8th and we're delighted we wouldn't have to add any days to our package. Return flights booked for the 9th, so now we'll miss the party... We specifically planned our trip around attending both parties... bummed out to say the least.
I would have done the exact same thing except our carrier of choice hasn't opened up booking for return flights yet. Now we are debating whether or not to add an extra day. But even then, what if they change their minds again? Idk but it's very frustrating.

You deserve to be upset. That really stinks.

any way to get the flight changed to the next day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter