"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Friday will be more busy than Tuesday, but I still think it works better for us schedule wise. I don't know anything about the staff party, but in reading these forums it seems they do it every year. I think maybe sometimes it's not at MK. P.S. my daughter is also named Lucy!

Lol! How old is your Lucy? Mine is 12! It is a great name, for sure! Yours looks like a cutie!

We are waiting for flights to be released in the next few weeks, and depending on prices, we may arrive a day later and go to the Sunday, December 3rd ( originally our departure day) and then leave Monday.
Looks like our vacations are about the same time, too!! Great minds think alike! :flower:

Lol! How old is your Lucy? Mine is 12! It is a great name, for sure! Yours looks like a cutie!

:flower:[/QUOTE

My Lucy is 6 and turning 7 on December 8th. We are going 11/27-12/2. We are elves so we are very excited to be going over the holidays!

We'll be on the Dream, returning on 12/22 and spending a couple of days on property but not doing parks. We'd love to do the party on 12/22, but I know it's the last night. What's my best way to find out when the tickets are released? How quickly will I need to get them? I'll need six.

We'll be on the Dream, returning on 12/22 and spending a couple of days on property but not doing parks. We'd love to do the party on 12/22, but I know it's the last night. What's my best way to find out when the tickets are released? How quickly will I need to get them? I'll need six.

Just keep an eye on this thread - trust me, as soon as the date is announced, this thread will blow up. ;) (It should be beginning of May.) I would not expect your date to sell out until maybe December, late November at the earliest.

Looking for opinions and / or advice...

Our tentative dates are November 29th- December 3rd ( we are booked at the Contemporary for those dates) and we are awaiting the flights to be released to firm up the travel dates. We had planned on going to the Thursday, November 30th MVMCP party, but there isn't one. We now have to decide between Friday, Dec 1st or Sunday, December 3rd (airfare prices will definitely help in the decision making, and we are willing to be flexible for the "better" party date).
Based upon the least crowded blog, Friday's seem to be less crowded than Sunday's, But with the CM party shutting down the MK on Nov. 30th, that Friday, Dec 1st party will be packed probably! So, I'm looking for opinions and knowledge on which party might be the better choice, Friday or Sunday?
I realize this will all be subjective, since there is usually a Thursday party. I'm thinking both parties will be good and busy, but would love to know what you all think! Thanks so much!

Looking for opinions and / or advice...

Our tentative dates are November 29th- December 3rd ( we are booked at the Contemporary for those dates) and we are awaiting the flights to be released to firm up the travel dates. We had planned on going to the Thursday, November 30th MVMCP party, but there isn't one. We now have to decide between Friday, Dec 1st or Sunday, December 3rd (airfare prices will definitely help in the decision making, and we are willing to be flexible for the "better" party date).
Based upon the least crowded blog, Friday's seem to be less crowded than Sunday's, But with the CM party shutting down the MK on Nov. 30th, that Friday, Dec 1st party will be packed probably! So, I'm looking for opinions and knowledge on which party might be the better choice, Friday or Sunday?
I realize this will all be subjective, since there is usually a Thursday party. I'm thinking both parties will be good and busy, but would love to know what you all think! Thanks so much!

Popular wisdom is to avoid Friday parties, which are supposed to be more crowded due to locals. I wonder why this blog is saying the opposite?

Popular wisdom is to avoid Friday parties, which are supposed to be more crowded due to locals. I wonder why this blog is saying the opposite?

I wonder if the experience was different last year because of the varied pricing. Maybe Fridays were the more expensive days to attend so didn't sell as many tickets? That said, I'm not sure how anyone would really be able to confirm that.

I wonder if the experience was different last year because of the varied pricing. Maybe Fridays were the more expensive days to attend so didn't sell as many tickets? That said, I'm not sure how anyone would really be able to confirm that.

Well, they've never (at least not to my knowledge) offered discounts for Fridays, so technically, they were already more expensive.

Well, they've never (at least not to my knowledge) offered discounts for Fridays, so technically, they were already more expensive.

But were the discounts (AP, DVC, etc) off of already lower prices on other weeknights last year? Could have been like double dipping.

Just thinking out loud.

So it looks like we'll have 5 party nights to choose from during my upcoming family trip. Now to just plan for which days will be our full days in MK versus choosing which party we'll go to :) This will be our first ever MVMCP!!!

So nice to see some real people named Lucy! I feel the name is too old fashioned nowadays and the only Lucys I've encountered are dgos. Not very good for my self-esteem, let me tell you.

did anyone do the desert firework party during a Christmas party? do you think its worth it. where do they make you stand for the parade?

did anyone do the desert firework party during a Christmas party? do you think its worth it. where do they make you stand for the parade?
I was just going to ask that same thing!

I don't think we will do the dessert party, but I would love to know where the reserved parade viewing area is!

I am officially losing it, I woke up at 4 am from a nightmare that me and the DH were at the airport heading home from another Disney trip and we FORGOT to go to MVMCP - the DH laughed when I told him why I woke up so upset - he said we could never forgot something that important (he was straight up mocking me)

I am officially losing it, I woke up at 4 am from a nightmare that me and the DH were at the airport heading home from another Disney trip and we FORGOT to go to MVMCP - the DH laughed when I told him why I woke up so upset - he said we could never forgot something that important (he was straight up mocking me)
Lol that is hilaaaaarious!

Only because I have had disney stress dreams myself!!! Me thinks this would be a great thread :)

:rotfl2:

At almost $100 per person that is not something you want to forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter