"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the first party of the year tend to be crowded/chaotic? Our trip falls during the first 2 parties (November 8 and 9) and we're trying to figure which one would be better to attend.

The only party available for us is Friday 12/1. We've never been during Christmas so this may be a must-do regardless of the day of the week. I loved MNSSHP in the past. We are more ride & "soak in the ambience people" than M&G so I hope it won't be too bad.

The only party available for us is Friday 12/1. We've never been during Christmas so this may be a must-do regardless of the day of the week. I loved MNSSHP in the past. We are more ride & "soak in the ambience people" than M&G so I hope it won't be too bad.
Disney is amazing and magical normally but walking into MK with the lights and decorations and snowing falling on Main Street is just an entirely new level of magic - I brought my DBF last year for his first trip and a MVMCP and he was taken aback and is now hooked

Was hoping for a party on November 30, but looks like we'll be going December 1st as that is the only party available during our trip. I'm worried how crowded that party might be? Any thoughts?
I'm half tempted to suggest to my DH that we fly in a day later so we can go on Sunday's party instead.

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help me.

I'll be attending my first Christmas party and leave on the 15th November.

I don't want to attend the first party on the 9th as I think it will be manic and want to be able to find out where characters are located and the general set up (i will check from all the vloggers i follow haha).

I'm worried that updates on the above won't be posted until the day after the first party or even the day after that so don't want to attend on the 10th either.

Sun 12th and Tue 14th are the 2 possibilities for party dates.

What I'm wondering is, would you rather go on a Sunday which will obviously be busy due to being a weekend or the Tuesday and hope nothing goes wrong in terms of it getting cancelled (I.e weather issue) as we won't be able to attend another one due to leaving the following day?

Thank you

The first 2 parties are on the 8th and 9th, not the 9th and 10th. Also, the Sunday night party isn't technically a weekend party because the next day is a work/school day, therefore I wouldn't expect it to be busy. (It's usually advised to avoid Friday parties due to more locals attending since the next day isn't a work/school day.) I've never heard of a party getting cancelled due to weather or any other issue, and honestly, I really think you're overthinking this.

What is the best strategy for meeting the Dwarfs without spending the entire party in line?

Get in line about 5:30.

The first 2 parties are on the 8th and 9th, not the 9th and 10th. Also, the Sunday night party isn't technically a weekend party because the next day is a work/school day, therefore I wouldn't expect it to be busy. (It's usually advised to avoid Friday parties due to more locals attending since the next day isn't a work/school day.) I've never heard of a party getting cancelled due to weather or any other issue, and honestly, I really think you're overthinking this.

Last year 2 MNSSHP were cancelled due to severe weather, October 6 & 7.

Last year 2 MNSSHP were cancelled due to severe weather, October 6 & 7.

OK, I forgot about that, but wasn't that due to a hurricane though? (My point being that it's a rather unusual occurrence, and therefore not too likely to happen.)

OK, I forgot about that, but wasn't that due to a hurricane though? (My point being that it's a rather unusual occurrence, and therefore not too likely to happen.)

True, which is noted in Post #1 about weather. Everyone always says the same about be prepared if heavy rains/downpour, no refunds - so just wanted to point out not out of the realm of possibility.

What is the best strategy for meeting the Dwarfs without spending the entire party in line?
Same strategy as if you were meeting Jack as Sandy Claws, or Nick Wilde & Judy Hopps - get it done early, or later on in the night after the fireworks. The 7 Dwarfs, Nick & Judy, and I believe Jack as Sandy Claws all start meeting before the party starts.

Disney is amazing and magical normally but walking into MK with the lights and decorations and snowing falling on Main Street is just an entirely new level of magic - I brought my DBF last year for his first trip and a MVMCP and he was taken aback and is now hooked
My very first trip to wdw included going to mvmcp that night. It was magical! Seeing Cinderella's castle with the lights and snow falling on main street...i'll never forget it :santa:

Was hoping for a party on November 30, but looks like we'll be going December 1st as that is the only party available during our trip. I'm worried how crowded that party might be? Any thoughts?
I'm half tempted to suggest to my DH that we fly in a day later so we can go on Sunday's party instead.

It looks like we will be going to that party as well. We will also be there for the Tuesday night party (11/28) but for some reason I feel like Friday is best for us since we are leaving Saturday and don't have park tickets, but also not an early flight. Hopefully it won't be too bad. I have been to MNSSHP just a few days before Halloween and those seem to be more popular. The park felt jam packed during the parade, but the rest of the time it didn't feel packed at all and we were able to jump right on most rides we wanted to ride.

It's not overthinking, it's overplanning haha.
Thanks for the advice regarding the Sunday party. As someone has mentioned below, I knew a couple got cancelled last year but thanks again for the advice.

Did Disney change the dates or am I going crazy? I thought the first party was Nov 8? MDE says Nov 9.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170408-080729.png
    Screenshot_20170408-080729.png
    262.7 KB · Views: 23
Did Disney change the dates or am I going crazy? I thought the first party was Nov 8? MDE says Nov 9.

Yes it's being reported elsewhere but if you call they have no clue what happened. So those would be the current dates for the parties.

Get in line about 5:30.

No party listed on the 8th as of right now.

Well.... The dates originally posted included November 8, I copied the dates from Disney Website & saw on DPB 1st after receiving emails that dates were released. Now of course, Disney website & DPB showing first party on November 9th. All other websites still showing the 8th. :sad2:

Well.... The dates originally posted included November 8, I copied the dates from Disney Website & saw on DPB 1st after receiving emails that dates were released. Now of course, Disney website & DPB showing first party on November 9th. All other websites still showing the 8th. :sad2:
That's Disney for ya, and they are boss haha The problem is if you call as per usual they haven't a clue. Just wanted everyone to be aware since it was being discussed that there was a party on the 8th.

The 9th actually make sure more sense for the days the parties historically fall on - Wednesdays are typically party nights

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter