***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So CM can begin testing the rides next week correct? Will they be able to give details about the rides? Hoping to here about the banshee ride and whether I could get motion sickness...soarin I am fine because of the wind in my face but idk about this new ride. Hopefully I can find out before the 30 FP time arrives :rolleyes:
I'm going to the preview on the 4th. I'll be sure to report back

So CM can begin testing the rides next week correct? Will they be able to give details about the rides? Hoping to here about the banshee ride and whether I could get motion sickness...soarin I am fine because of the wind in my face but idk about this new ride. Hopefully I can find out before the 30 FP time arrives :rolleyes:

Earliest CM preview ticket I've seen is 5/4. I believe they will be able to talk about it at that point but possibly no photos. Even if they aren't allowed to talk about it enough will leak information to trusted sources here who won't out them in order to get the info out.

It would seem strange to me if there was a rule that CMs could not discuss the preview events. Isn't part of the point of the preview events to generate hype?

One thing I would be interested in knowing is if there was time to ride both rides. If I can ride both rides during the DVC preview I might not even go opening day.

My cm friend told me that there's no mention of no photography or video but I guess we'll need to wait until the 4th to confirm

It would seem strange to me if there was a rule that CMs could not discuss the preview events. Isn't part of the point of the preview events to generate hype?

One thing I would be interested in knowing is if there was time to ride both rides. If I can ride both rides during the DVC preview I might not even go opening day.

Sometimes CM preview is to work out known kinks. It is different preview to preview. For Test Track we were not allowed to share anything. It was for CMs in costume only for awhile so it was not the same as this preview which is ticketed. I believe that is what training Cms are going through right now where they are riding the rides and possibly even tasting the food but can't talk about it yet. CM tickets preview probably won't have many restrictions but it really depends on what they want released and not.

They can discuss but often no photos or video are allowed. For example the RoL previews did not allow photo or video. I hope this allows photos and video tho.

Sorry I meant issues with guests of size not an issue with the ride. Meaning will bigger people have to sit this one out like FJ or the few with 7DMT.
Oh that I have not seen anymore on. Considering Jon Landau did it I think it will be okay for most.

Sorry I meant issues with guests of size not an issue with the ride. Meaning will bigger people have to sit this one out like FJ or the few with 7DMT.
Is this a real concern or just a rumor based on FJ? It would be a real first for Disney. I don't think even 7DMT is an issue for very many, where FJ is an issue for very many.

Last edited:
Oh that I have not seen anymore on. Considering Jon Landau did it I think it will be okay for most.

Is this a real concern or just a rumor based on FoJ? It would be a real first for Disney. I don't think even 7DMT is an issue for very many, where FoJ is an issue for very many.

Just a rumor since that supposed CM went on another board and said a CM in training is on a diet because he couldn't fit and a few tweet I have seen saying guests of size may have issues. Not sure if it is just fake stuff being spread at this point or we are talking about people who are on the top end of "guest of size".

Earliest CM preview ticket I've seen is 5/4.
First scheduled previews are on 5/2 for AK CMs, however as part of their jobs, some Global CMs have already been inside Pandora and some may have, or might experience the attractions before May 2nd.
I believe they will be able to talk about it at that point
Even if they aren't allowed to talk about it .
CMs can talk about it up to a point, but employee policies regarding divulging certain info and off course social media policies will apply to the CM. I doubt that anything a CM sees or does during the preview will fall under those policies.
but possibly no photos.
My cm friend told me that there's no mention of no photography or video
Up to this point, and unless I missed it, the only thing I've read is that CMs in costume should refrain from posting photos on social media. It appears that photos by all others are OK. As always, that's subject to change.

And there's the reason I couldn't place it at Disney. :o Thank you!

Honestly I only thought of that as that is one ride that this has sort of been compared to (that this might be somewhere in between Soarin' and Forbidden Joureny) and I know FJ has known issues for people of size

I am signed up for the Pandora preview on May 14th. What should I expect? I know they limited the amount of people signed up for each date/time but I don't know if I should expect really long lines. Will we be able to ride both rides and walk around and enjoy it during the 2 hour time slot (9-11 am). I plan to get to the park before opening as I usually do. Will this be sufficient? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter