***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am signed up for the Pandora preview on May 14th. What should I expect? I know they limited the amount of people signed up for each date/time but I don't know if I should expect really long lines. Will we be able to ride both rides and walk around and enjoy it during the 2 hour time slot (9-11 am). I plan to get to the park before opening as I usually do. Will this be sufficient? TIA
Merged you to the main Pandora thread where Previews are currently being discussed. There should be reports posted on May 4th as @yulilin3 will be attending an AK CM preview.

Looking for touring plan advice to include Pandora. I plan to book a fast pass for the flight ride in Pandora and at rope drop head immediately to Navi River for "hopefully" not as long of a wait. I am then torn how to book my additional Fastpasses....we want to do Expedition Everest, Safari and Kali River....my question is which two should I pick Fast passes for and then which ride should I do standby. Also, what times do you suggest finding the Fastpasses for my 3 rides. Do you think I will have any chance of booking additional Fastpasses after my first 3 are used up so should I try and get through them by noon?
I plan to be there at park opening over the summer so just need a little help on which rides to standby and which rides and times to Fastpass.

Thanks!

I am signed up for the Pandora preview on May 14th. What should I expect? I know they limited the amount of people signed up for each date/time but I don't know if I should expect really long lines. Will we be able to ride both rides and walk around and enjoy it during the 2 hour time slot (9-11 am). I plan to get to the park before opening as I usually do. Will this be sufficient? TIA

No one knows. We won't know more until Disney sends out the preview emails with info. I'm anticipating riding both rides and looking around afterwards

Just a rumor since that supposed CM went on another board and said a CM in training is on a diet because he couldn't fit and a few tweet I have seen saying guests of size may have issues. Not sure if it is just fake stuff being spread at this point or we are talking about people who are on the top end of "guest of size".
Interesting. I'm going to guess that it's not going to be a problem but for extreme cases but that's just me assuming (dangerous I know) that Disney does not want to face the backlash Universal has gotten in this area. Unless they use the same ride manufacturer. I guess that specific manufacturer does have size issues often.

Interesting. I'm going to guess that it's not going to be a problem but for extreme cases but that's just me assuming (dangerous I know) that Disney does not want to face the backlash Universal has gotten in this area. Unless they use the same ride manufacturer. I guess that specific manufacturer does have size issues often.

Yeah they are already getting backlast that neither ride is truly accessible and that transfer will be required for both rides.

Yeah they are already getting backlast that neither ride is truly accessible and that transfer will be required for both rides.
Even the boat ride? That is a surprise. Don't most of the others have boats with wheel on access?

Angi ~ in that same post, it mentioned there will be a "demo" ride vehicle outside of the ride for guests to determine if the ride is for them. Straddling the seat may not be for everyone.

Even the boat ride? That is a surprise. Don't most of the others have boats with wheel on access?

As per the website even the boat ride will require transfer to the ride vehicle. Many assumed this was because there is a drop (and the reason why pirates and frozen don't have wheels on boats) but also hearing there is no drop. Again no one knows 100% why but over on the disabilites board here and on twitter a lot of families had hoped that since the main character in Avatar is in a wheelchair that perhaps it would be a little more friendly to them.

As per the website even the boat ride will require transfer to the ride vehicle. Many assumed this was because there is a drop (and the reason why pirates and frozen don't have wheels on boats) but also hearing there is no drop. Again no one knows 100% why but over on the disabilites board here and on twitter a lot of families had hoped that since the main character in Avatar is in a wheelchair that perhaps it would be a little more friendly to them.
While that character may be in a wheelchair this land has nothing to do with movie characters or the actual movie but is about the land itself.

While that character may be in a wheelchair this land has nothing to do with movie characters or the actual movie but is about the land itself.

Oh I know that. I was just giving the reason others expected more for this land and I could see why. Someone did remind some on twitter that even the main character had to transfer to his avatar bed and that is why he was able to enjoy Pandora so it is what it is. I could see the disappointment on the other side though because they are capable of making wheels on boat rides.

Here's the photo from Nightline. I still don't see a seatbelt for FoP:

https://goo.gl/images/m2vRDp
Ohhh thanks for that link!

Is it just me or do those seats look realllll close together...could just be me. I think I want to see some video of people's reactions on the ride though. I need some perspective come on days you need to go by faster:rotfl2:

Ohhh thanks for that link!

Is it just me or do those seats look realllll close together...could just be me. I think I want to see some video of people's reactions on the ride though. I need some perspective come on days you need to go by faster:rotfl2:
I have a feeling this ride won't allow pictures or videos, like Soarin, but then again, there are those that record anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter