***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Parks Blogger Steven Miller (old picture, he just reposted it)
18198666_1821993937814416_1882122426628224500_n.jpg

Yes, it looks like there's a plexiglass in front of the FoP ride. And from what I remember reading, the ride that we are sitting on is supposed to be Banshee and we would feel his breathing. Another picture I remember seeing looks like there's four rows on top of each other kinda sorta set up like Soarin. So I am guessing, if you have a fear of heights, ask for the bottom row like you would on Soarin. So when I go there in 2 years I will ask for the bottom row. But I still don't get the "plexiglass" part have to do with the ride? It appears to be in the way of the ride. Really can't wait to read Yullin's report next week!! ANd I am praying there's no motion sickness but I am completely fine on Soarin.

Looking for touring plan advice to include Pandora. I plan to book a fast pass for the flight ride in Pandora and at rope drop head immediately to Navi River for "hopefully" not as long of a wait. I am then torn how to book my additional Fastpasses....we want to do Expedition Everest, Safari and Kali River....my question is which two should I pick Fast passes for and then which ride should I do standby. Also, what times do you suggest finding the Fastpasses for my 3 rides. Do you think I will have any chance of booking additional Fastpasses after my first 3 are used up so should I try and get through them by noon?
I plan to be there at park opening over the summer so just need a little help on which rides to standby and which rides and times to Fastpass.

Thanks!
For FP #2, Safari will save you the most time. Either of the other rides is good for #3.

It's hard to predict what the FP availability will be in the summer with Pandora opening next month.

Right now, at 4:30p ET, FPs for a party of 4 are still available for EE, Dinosaur, and Kali. The earlier you book your first 3 FPs, the more likely you'll find some good choices for FP #4 and so on. :)

Despite my rule of not looking up details on the rides in advance I did click the pic. To me it appears that each person may get their own screen vs. one giant screen like on Soarin'
That or that's the top and it's rolled down to the front and will raise up when the ride starts. Sort of reverse of how some rides at Universal are where you get in the vehicle and the side comes down. Though why it would be like that I can't fathom so I'm thinking the first is more likely. But that's a WAG (wild axx guess) on my part

Yes, it looks like there's a plexiglass in front of the FoP ride. And from what I remember reading, the ride that we are sitting on is supposed to be Banshee and we would feel his breathing. Another picture I remember seeing looks like there's four rows on top of each other kinda sorta set up like Soarin. So I am guessing, if you have a fear of heights, ask for the bottom row like you would on Soarin. So when I go there in 2 years I will ask for the bottom row. But I still don't get the "plexiglass" part have to do with the ride? It appears to be in the way of the ride. Really can't wait to read Yullin's report next week!! ANd I am praying there's no motion sickness but I am completely fine on Soarin.
I believe each person has their own screen as @AngiTN just posted, and paired with the goggles, it's a "virtual reality" experience for each person.

The ride seat is also reported to vibrate to enable the Guest to feel the "flight." :)

LOL --- with the seats. But if each banshee has their own screen what's the point of have the entire ride on what looks like to be four flights what appeared to be like 40 feet in the air? I saw a picture. Sorry, I just don't know how to post that picture unto here.

No idea. I thought I read somewhere that you designed your own Banshee, sort of how you design a car on TT. If that is the case, an individual screen makes sense so you got your Banshee for your ride.

I believe each person has their own screen as @AngiTN just posted, and paired with the goggles, it's a "virtual reality" experience for each person.

The ride seat is also reported to vibrate to enable the Guest to feel the "flight." :)
No I don't believe there are individual screens. This should very much be a large projection screen similar to Soarin.

No idea. I thought I read somewhere that you designed your own Banshee, sort of how you design a car on TT. If that is the case, an individual screen makes sense so you got your Banshee for your ride.
Yes you get scanned for your own Avatar not Banshee. Your Avatar is physically riding the banshee while you get the "sensation" of that flight.

Yes you get scanned for your own Avatar not Banshee. Your Avatar is physically riding the banshee while you get the "sensation" of that flight.
Ah, yes, I do keep getting that confused. I knew you designed something. Avatar makes more sense than a Banshee

Soo do you get to design your own Avatar like TT does for cars then? Sorry my brain isn't fully comprehending here lol

If you do get to design your own Avatar is that Avatar then going to be shown up on the screen riding a banshee along with all the other guests Avatars&banshees?

Soo do you get to design your own Avatar like TT does for cars then? Sorry my brain isn't fully comprehending here lol

If you do get to design your own Avatar is that Avatar then going to be shown up on the screen riding a banshee along with all the other guests Avatars&banshees?
I don't believe you design the avatar but you are scanned to create one. It's not like you'll get to sit there and pick the color and hair style of your avatar. I also don't think you'll see your avatar riding the banshee but I could be wrong on that part.

I don't believe you design the avatar but you are scanned to create one. It's not like you'll get to sit there and pick the color and hair style of your avatar. I also don't think you'll see your avatar riding the banshee but I could be wrong on that part.
Okay thank you for the clarification :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter