**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

*&%$#@ Disney and it's adding new stuff!! We are planning on skipping a year now I dunno, following changes and announcements. I do have 6x 1 day hoppers on standby worst comes to worst, lol. I already feel myself cracking under the pressure.....
LOL, same. I was originally thinking of a long weekend trip for just ODS and me. Then I thought I'd pass because crowds might be nutsobananas with the new movie. After seeing the new announcements, I'm all jazzed up again. Good thing I haven't mentioned anything to ODS since, really, I am undecided.

I'm expecting changes in the character locations, Darth's Mall and maybe even sign ups for JTA because of possible construction.

YaY!!! SW is back!! WoW! What an impressive thread!! I am really hoping the launch bay is done by end of October so we can see it during our Halloween trip. :)

I'm planning on going to DHS once a week and doing a full picture update on construction. Also I'm toying with the idea (I'm really almost 100% I'll do it) of writing a new blog with full details on construction on all things announced for WDW during D23.
As soon as I open it I'll post it here so you guys can follow along with me

Super exicted about this tread! We have already booked our trip for May 2016 that *should* include 2 Star Wars Weekends! I really hope Disney doesnt take them away this year! My husband has already said if there is no SWW we will not be going to Disney :(

The only thing I'm not too excited about is that it sounds like they won't be pulling alot from the original movies. Most of the new land sounds like new locations and new things. Except for the millennium falcon ride, but the falcon will be in the new movies.

Yes, I'm that person who hears all the exciting new announcements and complains haha.

Let me get the rest of my complaints out now so I can finish. I hate the whole ride sharing thing. I realize it is to save money, but I'm very disappointed that WDW and DL are getting the same 2 signature sw rides. Your telling me that with all the creative imagination that disney employs we get the same rides? Bleh. I'm also about the only person who adamantly does not want WDW to get carsland. I love to see ride diversity between the 2 american parks.

OK, stepping off that soap box and back to fun times, because I really am excited overall about the sw announcements.

I'm planning on going to DHS once a week and doing a full picture update on construction. Also I'm toying with the idea (I'm really almost 100% I'll do it) of writing a new blog with full details on construction on all things announced for WDW during D23.
As soon as I open it I'll post it here so you guys can follow along with me
Oh Yuli, you are such a gift! Where would any of us be without all of your hard work!? :thanks:

We'll be there next year for sure, but my gosh, it's gonna be chaotic. The Force Awakens is going to be a huge hit and I think SWW will be beyond crazy next year and from now on for that matter. I'm sure they'll be doing things differently... maybe they'll have a "season" like F&W instead of just weekends... who knows. I am definitely excited about the SW expansion at HS, but knowing how long Avatarland is taking, it's gonna be a loooooooooong time.

I can't believe we're here already!!!! Yuli thanks so much for starting this so early! I followed the 2014 and 2015 threads very closely. I was excited yet sad. I lived vicariously through each one of you who posted in that thread the first weekend. So thanks to everyone who posted and shared their experiences and photos.

Now... that being said... WE WILL BE AT SWW 2016!!! After two years of following the thread, we will finally be back for what will surely be The Force Awakens Weekends!

I can't wait to see this thread grow. Every day here like Christmas, right up until that first Friday!

So looking forward to living in this thread for the next 9 months!

Thanks again to Yulilin and everyone who posted during last year's celebration!:darth::chewy:

Oh boy!! I'm sooo looking forward to reading this thread and SWWs. Yuli is such a rock star and here we all go again!!

Cindy:sunny:

This is for anyone new to this thread:
We have done this thread for the past 5 years and have NEVER had it go negative or mean spirited. We are all like a little SWW family, we help each other out, we share experiences and we even meet at the parks.
We do post our thoughts about things that don't go so well, we complain here but we never bash or go mean.
That being said I love any and all questions, just because you think a question might be too dumb, or too extensive or out there, please ask away. This thread is to help you plan for you to have the BEST SW experience.
Every time new information gets out it will be updated on the first posts under the appropriate post so you don't have to go digging thru, what I'm sure will become, a very large thread.

Woohoo!!

I've got an AP that expires May 17th so I've been waiting anxiously to know whether I'd get a SWW out of it or not (and thanks to Yulilin and last years threadI know how long I have to wait to find out). But this new stuff changes everything!?!?!

How many time is too many to fly from NY to FL just to see SW stuff before May of next year?

(Oh and when I told a friend about "seasons of the force" he said it sounded like something they'd then do 4 times a year - for each season. That's not what I thought at all, but it could be interpreted that way).

I'm so excited this is starting now. I read just last week to expect to look on September 1 and had a reminder on my calendar. We live in AZ, but I have a surprise trip planned for my family (me, DH, DD9 and DD7) next May. I booked a 3 day cruise on the Dream, followed by 2 1/2 days at WDW. I won't be there on the weekend, but am planning on the 2 character meals at Hollywood Studios. I'm really hoping they will have those out at the 180 days, but it sounds like that isn't likely and I'll be fighting everyone else for those reservations. Now I will need to keep an eye out on what else maybe going on everyday in May/early June - and not just during SWW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter