***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

Is there a Dis-er's FB group for December 2018 yet? Does anyone know?

There are a couple of FB December 2018 planning groups that I’m in. If you’d like the links I can PM them to you. Everyone is really nice in them.

So all 3 times I've been to Disney we have went in September never in December. Anyone wanna share some of the pros or any tips for December??

Third trip during December (and we have done September twice also), but I have always gone at the beginning of the month which is less crowded and we beat the holiday rush.

Pro's for early December are:
- Weather is much nicer than in September
- Its decorated all Christmas "like" which is amazing looking
- Less crowded and off season so slightly cheaper if you go early december
- They hold a Holiday Special Event at Magic Kingdom on certain nights if you have never been, extra ticket cost, but very cool experience if you have never done it
- Also during the event, you get a Special Event card if you collect the "Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom" cards

Con's
- You can have rain, so you need to always be prepared for that
- When they run their holiday events at Magic Kingdom, that can cut your day at the park short if you dont plan around that or have extra tickets for the event (just plan around this event if your not going)
- Crazy busy I hear if you go towards the later half of December due to Xmas

I am sure there are more, these are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Third trip during December (and we have done September twice also), but I have always gone at the beginning of the month which is less crowded and we beat the holiday rush.

Pro's for early December are:
- Weather is much nicer than in September
- Its decorated all Christmas "like" which is amazing looking
- Less crowded and off season so slightly cheaper if you go early december
- They hold a Holiday Special Event at Magic Kingdom on certain nights if you have never been, extra ticket cost, but very cool experience if you have never done it
- Also during the event, you get a Special Event card if you collect the "Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom" cards

Con's
- You can have rain, so you need to always be prepared for that
- When they run their holiday events at Magic Kingdom, that can cut your day at the park short if you dont plan around that or have extra tickets for the event (just plan around this event if your not going)
- Crazy busy I hear if you go towards the later half of December due to Xmas

I am sure there are more, these are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Those are great to hear! We are planning earlier December and the cooler weather will be great. The heat in September was always a con.
And I feel like we pretty much dealt with all the cons you listed in September as well. (Rainy weather and planning around the Halloween parties instead of the christmas)
Sounds like it will be nice. The. Only thing I’m kinda disappointed about is missing food and wine festival. We’ve been to it every time we wen, I’m worried it’s gonna feel like we’re really missing something.

Roll Call :rainbow:

shelbizzles: December

TiggerManiac
: 11/25 - 11/28 | Cabana Bay @ UO; 11/28 - 12/5 | AKV Jambo

pooh'smate:
11/26 - 12/10 | POP!

Sandy Mouse
: 11/27 - 12/3 | POP!

teetee830: 11/29 - 12/2 | TBD

gwynne: 11/29 - 12/7 | Boardwalk Inn

disneydreamer781: 12/2 - 12/4 | Wilderness Lodge; 12/19 - 12/22 | Port Orleans French Quarter; 12/22 - 12/27 or 12/4 - 12/10 tentative?

Tbiafore: 12/3 - 12/13 | Animal Kingdom Lodge

10MoreMinutes: 12/6 - 12/9 | TBD

dedesmith32
: 12/7 - 12/11 | Royal Pacific @ UO; 12/11 - 12/19 | Wilderness Lodge

Queen of the WDW Scene: 12/7 - 12/11 | POP!

momof2halls: 12/7 - 12/14 | Wilderness Lodge

Rickat96: 12/7 - 12/15 | Coronado Springs

Maddy4Gibbz: 12/8 - 12/14 | Wilderness Lodge

Anglew624: 12/9 - 12/14 | POP!

BourbonBarrelBob: 12/9 - 12/15 | All Stars Movies

Volkswagenphreak: 12/9 - 12/15? (tentative?)

Halloweenqueen: 12/9 - 12/16 | POP!

Kaschmuc: 12//9 - 12/19 | Port Orleans Riverside

shopn24seven: 12/10- 12/14 | POP!

Eoywin: 12/10 - 12/15 | POP!

BriLovesDisney: 12/11 - 12/18 | Grand Floridian

stacyjoy75: 12/13 - 12/20 | TBD

SarahSnow and Shrfleen: 12/14 - 12/16 | TBD

melana: 12/14 - 12/20 | TBD

catfan98: 12/17 - 12/23 | TBD

wizneather78: 12/22 - 12/27 | Coronado Springs

Willowlux: 12/22 - 12/29 | Cabins at Fort Wilderness

Disneylover99: 12/22 - 1/5 | TBD

tannerandcatesmom: 12/26 - 1/2 | TBD

ibelieveinmagic: 12/29 - 1/8 | Shades of Green

Looking forward to our Annual Disney Christmas Vacation 12/19/-12/26 | Polynesian Resort

2014 - ASM
2015- ASM
2016- ASM
2017- CBR

Welcome! Poly is lovely! I will update the roll call tonight with all the new friends joining us.

Those are great to hear! We are planning earlier December and the cooler weather will be great. The heat in September was always a con.
And I feel like we pretty much dealt with all the cons you listed in September as well. (Rainy weather and planning around the Halloween parties instead of the christmas)
Sounds like it will be nice. The. Only thing I’m kinda disappointed about is missing food and wine festival. We’ve been to it every time we wen, I’m worried it’s gonna feel like we’re really missing something.

We go annually the week of Christmas 12/19/17 -12/26/17 and I agree with all of the above Pros and Cons the weather during our last trip was in the mid to upper 80s at DW. Another Con is once a park reaches capacity they will close the park on Christmas Eve and Christmas day this usually happens at MK so if we want to go to MK on those days we will park hop and go later in the evening. I LOVE going during Christmas it is by far the most Magical Time of the year at Disney.

Hi, my plans are a bit tentative, but I may go around Dec. 25 - Jan. 1, stay offsite, and might not do any park days (I'd rather avoid the crowds, and I'll probably be in between annual passes at that point). I'm planning to have meals at some of the Disney resorts, view the decorations, maybe also visit some offsite attractions, and might stop by a real ocean beach for a short walk (no swimming that time of year LOL), weather permitting. Any other suggestions on holiday activities outside the parks, at WDW or nearby, I'm all ears.

Our plans on going back are still in the planning stage. We bought an American Eagle motorhome over the weekend so if we go we will at the campgrounds!! As of right now if we go it will be a 3 or 4 day trip at the most. Will update as we figure it out!!

Our plans on going back are still in the planning stage. We bought an American Eagle motorhome over the weekend so if we go we will at the campgrounds!! As of right now if we go it will be a 3 or 4 day trip at the most. Will update as we figure it out!!
That's exciting! :)

I hope I get to see the way you decorate your RV and lot, for the holidays. That is 1 thing that BDLsgal and I love doing. We go see THE Hoop Dee Doo Revue, and then walk around the campgrounds and see how everybody decorated their campers, lots and golf carts. They are always creative and fun. It's right up there with resort hopping and seeing how they are individually decorated as well (minus the life-sized gingerbread structures).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter