Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

1. Booked 11c GTY
2. Assigned 11c or b, not sure. Got room 2033 which is a handicapped room that looks quite a bit larger than other standard inside rooms
3. 54 days out got room assignment
4. Happy, yes. Hoping for an ocean view but still happy with the larger HA room. Kids will likely like the magical porthole.
5. Other room was a 6B, not guaranty, booked room 6688, so no we are not close to each other.

1. I booked 8D GTY
2. Received 8D cabin # 5168
3. Received it 55 days out
4. I'm just happy to be on the cruise lol. I got what I paid for. I've heard that this is a bad room because of the noise from Vibe, but I'm a hard sleeper anyway. I like that it's close to the elevator.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book?
#2. What category and room # did you get?
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?

1. Disney Fantasy - Booked a 5E
2. Got a 5D
3. 51 days out
4. It is eh, I'm on the boat
5. Booked one Room

Lisa Lisa said:
You're probably already aware of this, but 5150 is one of the two 4Es with an extra, extra large verandah -- twice as deep and twice as wide as a standard verandah. That may not be much consolation if you had your heart set on an aft-facing room, but it's a nice silver lining!

We actually already sailed. It was a REALLY nice balcony, but I did want that aft room. ;) Next time I'll put a "do not upgrade" note on my reservation if I'm able to snag a 5E.

alamere1496 said:
5150 is our favorite room!! You are going to love it!! The verandah is not only extended out, but it goes sideways as well!! What an AWESOME upgrade!!! :cool1:

Can't multi quote on my phone, so I'll just work on my post count and take the thread a tiny bit OT...this room would be awesome on the Dream, but the knocking on Pepe's door (our wall) on the Fantasy drove me bonkers. Oh well, it *was* technically an upgrade so I can't complain! We had a great cruise!

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? Guaranteed VGT booked 21 days in advance of sail date
#2. What category and room # did you get? Cat 5A deck 10 AFT on the Dream
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Not sure until we see it. It's under Cabanas and directly across from AFT stairs/elevators. Could be good.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? Guaranteed VGT booked 21 days in advance of sail date
#2. What category and room # did you get? Cat 5A deck 10 AFT on the Dream
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Not sure until we see it. It's under Cabanas and directly across from AFT stairs/elevators. Could be good.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A

This is the thread for GTY assigments there is a different thread for VGT assignments on the thread below. IGT, OGT and VGT bookings are typically assigned 12 days ahead of time. Regular GTY books are usually assigned farther out than that. I know this because i posted on the VGT thread, so I started this for the GTY. I know it's confusing.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2919036

Booked GTY 8C and about 45 days out got assignment of 8B room 9162. I'm pretty happy with location and very happy to finally hv A home :)

May 27 on Wonder
Category 11C, GTY
Booked on February 20

... waiting patiently for stateroom number.
(I'm actually checking every single day. lol)

We are linked with another stateroom, who has a Navigators Verandah. Has anyone been "upgraded" to the same category as the other linked reservation? Just curious. I'm not counting on it, but it's just something that crossed my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

#1. 8B Deluxe Family Oceanview
#2. 8A 5018 - Double Port Hole room.
#3. 50 days
#4. We are concerned that this is an HA room that will not have a tub to bathe our 1 yr old or a curtain/wall to separate us from the kids during nap time, but we are happy to have a large room. We will probably try to change to another room if we can.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5D and 11B
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5A and 11B
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 51
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? not thrilled
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? no
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 1:30 pm

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5D and 11B
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5A and 11B
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 51
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? not thrilled
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? no
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 1:30 pm

I'm glad you finally got your assignment. I'm sorry your not thrilled with it though.

I'm glad you finally got your assignment. I'm sorry your not thrilled with it though.

I'm happy about being upgraded to deck 10 with one of the "overhang" cabins, just wish the cabins were closer together. But hey we will be on a cruise, what's not to love!!

I'm happy about being upgraded to deck 10 with one of the "overhang" cabins, just wish the cabins were closer together. But hey we will be on a cruise, what's not to love!!

That's great! :thumbsup2
That you were upgraded to a great room not that the rooms are far apart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter