Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

:yay:I finally got a room number! :cool1::dance3:

Too funny I was actually going to post on our Facebook page that you guys might want to check and see if you got an assignment yet. Glad you got a room that you're happy with :cool1:, lol but hey as long as we're cruising its all good right.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? Guaranteed VGT booked 21 days in advance of sail date
#2. What category and room # did you get? Cat 5A deck 10 AFT on the Dream
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Not sure until we see it. It's under Cabanas and directly across from AFT stairs/elevators. Could be good.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A

We had room 10654 and my cousin had room 10650 on the Fantasy, right where you are going to be I believe. We LOVED being close to the elevators, and never had any noise problems from the location. Also, never heard Cabanas, either. We really loved the rooms and the location! Enjoy!

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 7A room #6678
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 51
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Not sure first cruise on the Fantasy

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E #9670
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Yes! We got the room we wanted! :)

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11C
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9B #2092 Wonder
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 52
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Feels like pixie dust

Mine was assigned today, I looked earlier nothing and when I looked again it was there! #5001. I paid for 11b and got 11b. Had hoped for a little pixie dust, but alls good, nice to know where we'll be sleeping :) We're 54 days out for med.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9A #5686
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? not sure yet, I think its an accessible room :confused3 It's a huge room and looks great, I just feel bad because its HA.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 10:30
#9. Sailing May 30th, 2013

I booked an 11B GTY
Was assigned a 11A
Excited to be assigned 51 days out on a Tuesday. I really wanted a porthole stateroom and we are super excited that our request was granted...Can't wait to set sail :cool1:

I booked an 11B GTY
Was assigned a 11A
Excited to be assigned 51 days out on a Tuesday. I really wanted a porthole stateroom and we are super excited that our request was granted...Can't wait to set sail :cool1:

I thought 11A was inside??? Am I missing something?

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 2 category 11C rooms
#2. What category and room # did you get? 2 10B rooms, 2073 and 2075
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 49
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I am so happy, only because they are right next to each other. We booked the cheapest rooms and got better than we booked. How could we be unhappy about that?!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? YES!! Right next to each other. They are both connecting staterooms, but unfortunately do not connect to each other, bummer but stilll so happy to have our rooms together.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned.I think it was today, Monday. Could have been yesterday I guess as it was the one day I didn't check.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Not sure. I checked in the morning and it was assigned.

SO excited!! Makes our trip that much better!!! pixiedust:

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book?
#2. What category and room # did you get?
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
#6 What ship are you sailing?
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned?

1) 7a
2) 6a 6180
3) 56
4)I think its awesome ive never been but from what i hear it seems to be really good!
5)n/a
6) Dream
7) thursday
8) afternoon

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?

1. 8C GTY
2. 6A. 9166
3. 51 (assigned today-sail June 9, 2013
4. Very happy! Would have enjoyed the large porthole, but a verandah is always nice. This room has a partial white wall on the balcony, but after seeing a YouTube walk through, the wall only goes up about 12" and then it's plexiglass.
5. N/A
6. Dream
7. Tuesday
8. Sometime around 4pm Eastern

1. VGT
2. 5C, 7662
3. 11 days
4. Happy, near the aft and elevators/stairs.
5. N/A
6. Fantasy
7. Tuesday
8. Around 10:00 AM

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 2 rooms, GTY 7A
#2. What category and room # did you get?5D connecting 6530 & 6532!!!
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? Not sure because I did not receive an e-mail when rooms were assigned. I checked DCL website today for room assignment, and we are 50 days out. I checked at 52 days out, and rooms were not assigned at that time.my best guess is at 51 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? SOOOO excited. We are cruise newbies, and this is added pixie dust. I was hopeful though, because there were multiple connecting verandah rooms still available as of a week ago, so I knew our chances were good
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?Connecting
#6 What ship are you sailing?Dream

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11B
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9C
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 53 or 54
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Most definitely...very happy to go to oceanview with split bath!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
#6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Wed afternoon or Thurs morning
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Not sure

Question . . . unbelievably, my New Years cruise on the Fantasy for this year is sold out already. Does that make it LESS LIKELY that I will be upgraded to a better category when rooms are assigned? Anyone know?

Jodie

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5C room 7530
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 54
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very Happy:cool1:
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? I received/checked in AM
9. Cruise Date 6/16/13

I was apprehensive to book GTY, as we like to know exactly where we are staying when we book. But not knowing did add a little excitement to the trip and we ending up with a better room. The difference between the 7A and 5C was about $600.00 so we would definetly use the GTY again.

I was wondering if we could ADD the MONTH of travel for this thread. That way those of us following could gage how often our month of travel receives an upgrade. I know some months are more popular than others.

Just a thought? :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter