Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

Thanks for this! I think I keep believing that everyone who runs the half is running for 13 miles straight without breaking. Maybe that has been an incorrect assumption? I don't know anything about "running culture", so this helps me know I'm not alone! Thanks for this!
You're welcome! Don't forget the most important rule though...have fun!

Thanks for this! I think I keep believing that everyone who runs the half is running for 13 miles straight without breaking. Maybe that has been an incorrect assumption? I don't know anything about "running culture", so this helps me know I'm not alone! Thanks for this!
While there are people who run the entire 13 miles, there are plenty of people who run between photo stops or run a few miles and then walk a bit, and run more.

I just wanted to check in on how training is going for everyone? We are very new to race running and have only done a handful of 5ks so it is hard for us to stay motivated. I am getting nervous about being able to do the mileage. I am adding a mile a week to my long run and following a run/walk method, and honestly I feel fine at the end of all my runs, just getting nervous about being able to actually finish :/. How is everyone else doing?
I’m getting my training runs I’m granted I’m unmotivated to get up before the sun rises so they are on the treadmill more then not ...

I just wanted to check in on how training is going for everyone? We are very new to race running and have only done a handful of 5ks so it is hard for us to stay motivated. I am getting nervous about being able to do the mileage. I am adding a mile a week to my long run and following a run/walk method, and honestly I feel fine at the end of all my runs, just getting nervous about being able to actually finish :/. How is everyone else doing?
I've been recovering from a repetitive calf strain injury I sustained back in May after a half marathon. It's been a slow road back but I'm finally starting to put some decent miles in and am feeling strong. Can't believe it's only 9 weeks today till we'll be running!!

Sounds like you are on track! Totally normal to be nervous too:) My training is unrailed off the tracks, but I've been dealing with piriformis syndrome for awhile, so it may be the least trained for a race weekend I have ever been. What's great about Disney is all the excitement really helps keep you going where training runs don't have that. You're going to have a blast!

Training is going well. My plan is a modified Galloway plan since I started late due to travel and not realizing I should have started! LOL! But I am on track if I stick to the plan. I'll run Hershey half for my last "long" run before W&D so I have to get ready! I am actually doing so much better training this year than last. Just trying to stick to my plan and keep moving forward.

I do the Galloway or run/walk method. I have never run 13 miles straight without stopping. In high school and college (when I weighed less) I couldn't run a mile. Now I run 13. For fun. So however you get to the finish line works! The medal is the same whether you're first, last or somewhere in between. Run your race and be proud of your accomplishment!

I have, and actually I preferred staying there over the value resorts. At the time we stayed in the now razed "Barbados" area and the pickup/drop off was just outside our rooms. CBR has several locations for run participants and buses made a pass at all before leaving resort property. Since CBR underwent a makeover, we have stayed at POR and love it just as much. Once again several pickup/drop off points around the property you just have to find the one closest to your room.

I stayed at CBR for one race. While it's not my favorite resort, I did love that the buses picked up at each stop so pick up and drop off was right behind our building.

Hey all! When you do the half you get the after party ticket included; you can also enter Epcot starting at 5pm... my questions is, how/can you make fast pass selections for this day if this is your only park ticket?

Hey all! When you do the half you get the after party ticket included; you can also enter Epcot starting at 5pm... my questions is, how/can you make fast pass selections for this day if this is your only park ticket?

If it works like other party tickets, make your FastPasses on regular park tickets first, then make your FastPasses on after party day for 5pm on.

If it works like other party tickets, make your FastPasses on regular park tickets first, then make your FastPasses on after party day for 5pm on.

But how is it linked to My Disney Experience? We haven't received it and I'm due to make FP's on Monday...?

Sorry for all the questions; I usually have the DVC Annual Pass but I'm waiting until Princess to renew it as I'm only down for a few days in November...

But how is it linked to My Disney Experience? We haven't received it and I'm due to make FP's on Monday...?

Sorry for all the questions; I usually have the DVC Annual Pass but I'm waiting until Princess to renew it as I'm only down for a few days in November...

Sorry I left that out! We won't be able to make the FPs until we receive it unfortunately. :( My AP expires 11/2 so I'm using my party ticket that day and in the same boat. I won't be back until next years W&D so no renewal for me.

Got everything I wanted for FP+ aside from FOP though I doubted I’d get it at 60+1 so will be pounding the app
Huh, got that one twice. But its just DH and myself so we have a lot of room and time to go with the flow and book FP+ when offered. Matter of fact, there are days we haven't even booked the maximum FP+ allowance. At this point in our lives, DH and I are more into the actual "getaway" and relax.

Huh, got that one twice. But its just DH and myself so we have a lot of room and time to go with the flow and book FP+ when offered. Matter of fact, there are days we haven't even booked the maximum FP+ allowance. At this point in our lives, DH and I are more into the actual "getaway" and relax.
FWIW this was a party of three we are staying just thu-sun as we are local

Has anyone stayed at CBR for races? Where does the bus pick up? I'm looking at switching from POR to CBR due to room renos.

I stayed at CBR for Star Wars this past April. There were several stops all through the resort. There will be the blue runDisney signs sitting out for several days, and the front desk was helpful. There were basically at the same point as the regular bus stops (mine was different because of construction, but just behind the bus stop in the parking lot). I would leave a smidge more time (if you are antsy as I am) because depending on where your pick up point is in the loop, buses may be full by the time they get to you.

I did FastPasses yesterday. I got everything I wanted except Mine Train on Halloween before the party. Slinky Dog twice and FoP were no issues for me. Plans are totally shaping up!
Nice! I couldn't get any Slinky Dogs for the times I looked. I probably could have looked for other times, but wanted to keep my FPs for mornings/afternoons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter