Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

Parking lot doesn’t have too much going on at Epcot so that shouldn’t change much if at all. Future World will be a big question with all the walls coming.
Having gotten to run through construction of the skyliner station at WS entrance, I am hopeful they can come up with something creative. I imagine it would be much more construction running, but safer than the potholes I run around at local spring races.

Having gotten to run through construction of the skyliner station at WS entrance, I am hopeful they can come up with something creative. I imagine it would be much more construction running, but safer than the potholes I run around at local spring races.
Future world would be more like running with walls on both side of you most likely. This will be a multi year project so the next year or two full of races will be impacted.

Future world would be more like running with walls on both side of you most likely. This will be a multi year project so the next year or two full of races will be impacted.
It will be interesting! I was pretty surprised they let us run through an area with a large open pit where the gondola pylons were going. The fake construction crew was pretty fun, though!
While I think there is next to zero chance, I would love to see them subtract a bit of distance from the AK parking lot and let us spend more time elsewhere (DHS?) to make up for the loss of Future World. I am mostly fearing they will cut short WS and make it closer to the 10K Princess race with 3 miles of parking lot and backstage sections behind Future World. That is perhaps my least favorite part of a course- I hated it more than the second lap of world drive or any overpass.

I heard an interesting theory the other day. The extra extra magic hours finish on 2nd Nov and SWGE is the new jewel in Disneyworlds crown. What are the chances we could be running the Half Marathon through SWGE on Sunday morning??

Costume question (since it’s for this race posting here instead of making a new thread)
Best way to put lettering on a technical shirt?

Costume question (since it’s for this race posting here instead of making a new thread)
Vinyl iron on is the best I think. I have a Cricut now, but actually have hand cut a few times for shirts. I don't like how the inkjet printer iron-ons turn out on tech shirts personally, I had issues with it peeling some and not all sticking. I have also used Shiva Paintstiks and cut a stencil to use, turns out nice but more work. Last resort is permanent marker or even puffy paints :)

I agree with using heat transfer vinyl if you're able. If you don't have a machine you can normally find something reasonably priced on Etsy or from a local vendor. I swear everyone and their mother has a Cricut or Silhouette nowadays and sometimes libraries even have one you can use.

I did a number of items for our SW half last spring. Cricut makes a heat transfer iron on material that is specifically for sport clothing. I used both it and the regular. The sport specific worked much better on athletic clothing. I'd say that other brands besides Cricut make it too.

So. I was thinking of ditching the 10k because no one was able to watch my daughter. I've thought about it and thought about it. I'm undertrained currently and not sure how well I can do. I've got about 1,000 excuses. Divorce, no sitter, undertrained, weight gain....I mean I could go on all day.

BUT I'm running. I just reserved kids nite out for the morning of the race. Quitting is not my nature. I have to at least train the best I can at this point and go out there and try.

I am taking my daughter to MNSSHP on the 1st. Any suggestions for party costumes that could double as a running costume? I'm thinking exhausted tourist at this point....:scared:

I heard an interesting theory the other day. The extra extra magic hours finish on 2nd Nov and SWGE is the new jewel in Disneyworlds crown. What are the chances we could be running the Half Marathon through SWGE on Sunday morning??

This is my hope also. I think that the Star Wars half people would completely freak out if Wine & Dine did it first, but the timing is definitely interesting. Pretty sure they would have to add 4x the sweeper buses just to pick up the people who stopped to look around and forgot to finish running (I'm kidding!)

As for running through future world, maybe they will adjust something and have us to the finish going out between Mexico & Germany. Or maybe there won't be any walls up yet.....

Quick question, someone may know the answer to:confused3
We were staying at the beach club for last years race and my wife was turned away from the world showcase entrance to Epcot, where she was planning on cheering me on. In the end she just stayed on the boardwalk. Anyone know if there’s a time they let guests in to the world showcase, or is it just not allowed whilst the race takes place. We’re doing the same thing this year, so it would be nice to plan a place where we could see each other
Cheers!

Quick question, someone may know the answer to:confused3
We were staying at the beach club for last years race and my wife was turned away from the world showcase entrance to Epcot, where she was planning on cheering me on. In the end she just stayed on the boardwalk. Anyone know if there’s a time they let guests in to the world showcase, or is it just not allowed whilst the race takes place. We’re doing the same thing this year, so it would be nice to plan a place where we could see each other
Cheers!
Spectators are not allowed in WS until the park opens, and it requires a valid park ticket.

I just wanted to check in on how training is going for everyone? We are very new to race running and have only done a handful of 5ks so it is hard for us to stay motivated. I am getting nervous about being able to do the mileage. I am adding a mile a week to my long run and following a run/walk method, and honestly I feel fine at the end of all my runs, just getting nervous about being able to actually finish :/. How is everyone else doing?

I just wanted to check in on how training is going for everyone? We are very new to race running and have only done a handful of 5ks so it is hard for us to stay motivated. I am getting nervous about being able to do the mileage. I am adding a mile a week to my long run and following a run/walk method, and honestly I feel fine at the end of all my runs, just getting nervous about being able to actually finish :/. How is everyone else doing?
Well, I did the 8 or so recommended on the training plan last Saturday, only to discover I over did it and pulled my lower back muscles and my legs were exhausted. there is a lot to be said for doing what you can and follow your own lead. By the time I recover I'll probably be back down to 5 or so miles comfortably and have just weeks to build back up what I can. Honestly, I think I've only ever gotten to running 6-8 miles comfortably, walking in between...and STILL finished the half. You'll do fine. Don't psych yourself out!

Has anyone stayed at CBR for races? Where does the bus pick up? I'm looking at switching from POR to CBR due to room renos.

Well, I did the 8 or so recommended on the training plan last Saturday, only to discover I over did it and pulled my lower back muscles and my legs were exhausted. there is a lot to be said for doing what you can and follow your own lead. By the time I recover I'll probably be back down to 5 or so miles comfortably and have just weeks to build back up what I can. Honestly, I think I've only ever gotten to running 6-8 miles comfortably, walking in between...and STILL finished the half. You'll do fine. Don't psych yourself out!
Thanks for this! I think I keep believing that everyone who runs the half is running for 13 miles straight without breaking. Maybe that has been an incorrect assumption? I don't know anything about "running culture", so this helps me know I'm not alone! Thanks for this!

Has anyone stayed at CBR for races? Where does the bus pick up? I'm looking at switching from POR to CBR due to room renos.
I have, and actually I preferred staying there over the value resorts. At the time we stayed in the now razed "Barbados" area and the pickup/drop off was just outside our rooms. CBR has several locations for run participants and buses made a pass at all before leaving resort property. Since CBR underwent a makeover, we have stayed at POR and love it just as much. Once again several pickup/drop off points around the property you just have to find the one closest to your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter