OK, but who is Tony Hinds?

Just back, used another company from the EFEO FB group after cancelling my reservation with Tony whom I used for years.

While "chatting" with the owner he mentioned the importance of using a company that is properly insured and many of the services that pickup at curbside is really just a person with a car.

Look for companies that pickup in the Express Pickup area, they are licensed by MCO and need to be properly insured.

Uber/Lyft is different, they are curbside but properly insured.

**I have no idea about Tony's insurance status**

Just back, used another company from the EFEO FB group after cancelling my reservation with Tony whom I used for years.

While "chatting" with the owner he mentioned the importance of using a company that is properly insured and many of the services that pickup at curbside is really just a person with a car.

Look for companies that pickup in the Express Pickup area, they are licensed by MCO and need to be properly insured.

Uber/Lyft is different, they are curbside but properly insured.

**I have no idea about Tony's insurance status**
100% this! Any company not using the Express Pickup lane does not have proper airport permits.

100% this! Any company not using the Express Pickup lane does not have proper airport permits.
1) Where/what is the "Express Pickup Area"?
2) How do you find out ahead of time if someone is using that?

Years ago we used Tiffany Towncar for an MCO pickup. After that, it was all shuttles (DME or hotel shuttle).

1) Where/what is the "Express Pickup Area"?
2) How do you find out ahead of time if someone is using that?

Years ago we used Tiffany Towncar for an MCO pickup. After that, it was all shuttles (DME or hotel shuttle).
The Express Pickup lane is below Baggage Claim, behind the rental car counters. It’s an indoor lane reserved for car services picking up their clients. Cars are inspected by security upon entry. Companies/chauffeurs have to pay to park there.
Chauffeurs are supposed to go up to baggage claim from there and have a meet-and-greet sign. It’s a really nice perk because they don’t get caught in the crazy traffic that Level 2 (Arrivals) can have.
It’s open from 8am to midnight; for any pickups between midnight and 8am, chauffeurs have to park in the commercial lot across the bus lane, and walk the client over to the car. Taller vehicles (over 7 feet) have to use the bus lane/commercial lot regardless.

Last edited:
My understanding is taxis are permitted to pick up on level 2. My understanding is taxis are required to charge a metered fare, not a flat rate.

I'm not sure if it was an official or unofficial Covid change...at least some of Tony's drivers stopped picking up on level 2 and are now using the Express pickup

I'm not sure if it was an official or unofficial Covid change...at least some of Tony's drivers stopped picking up on level 2 and are now using the Express pickup
Are Tony’s drivers meeting you at baggage claim now? In January our driver didn’t, just texted us to text him when we had our luggage, and then he came to pick us up at the curb outside.

Taxis are permitted on level 1 only.
Tony’s service is not a taxi service.
My understanding is taxis are permitted to pick up on level 2. My understanding is taxis are required to charge a metered fare, not a flat rate.

Are Tony’s drivers meeting you at baggage claim now? In January our driver didn’t, just texted us to text him when we had our luggage, and then he came to pick us up at the curb outside.
In May we met the driver at baggage claim and went down to express. Previously we went ouside level 2 and met the driver.
Taxis are permitted on level 1 only.
Tony’s service is not a taxi service.
I'll defer to your knowledge, the airport's official website says taxis are available on level 2.

Taxi ranks are located outside Level 2 of Side A and Side B.

I think some of the drivers Tony uses may have Taxi permits.

During the height of Covid some drivers didn't want to enter the airport. I don't know if level 2 pick up was an official policy change or an informal accommodation

I've had one Express Pickup service with Tony's driver Art, the rest have been curbside. I think Tony subs out to lots of independent drivers.

I said I would report back, and here I am.

Things with Tony's drivers ran relatively smoothly.

Riland was who we had round trip between Disney and the airport and he was great. The van itself was nothing fancy, but it was comfortable and enough room for the 7 of us. The van actually had another company's name on it, which makes sense, as I've heard that Tony subs some rides out. I looked up this particular company, and their prices are very reasonable...not to take any business from Tony, but I would absolutely use this gentleman again. We did get the Express pickup at MCO which was nice.

We made it from MCO to the Polynesian in around 30-35 minutes. Great time. The best part was on the return trip being dropped off right at the ticketing counters and not having to drag our luggage across the airport to drop off, then back across the airport to go through security and get to our gate.

We also used Tony from Port Canaveral to Disney for a one way trip. I didn't catch the driver's name, but I will admit...his driving did have me a bit nervous at times. Now, in all fairness, the traffic once we hit MCO until we got to Disney was crazy. And, we saw some pretty crazy drivers weaving in and out. So...I think the driver knew what he was doing as far as navigating the crazy traffic. I think someone previously in this thread had mentioned a driver that was kind of wild....not sure if it was the same one.

Neither driver talked politics. They made polite conversation, but they let us converse amongst ourselves and then played music otherwise.

Tony did call a couple of days.before to iron out the details, so that was nice. All in all, things went pretty well.

Just got back on October 1st using Tony’s services. Our pick up at MCO by Riland on Sept. 23. Everything went smoothly, Had contact from Tony the night before and as soon as our place landed got a call from the driver. A nice, clean SUV. Riland even asked if the music he was playing was OK. Very nice drive and driver! On the return to MCO, it was the man Tony himself driving. On time to the minute and very personable. We got to the airport with Tony allowing time right after the hurricane IAN to accommodate the influx of people trying to get through security. I would definitely use Tony‘s services again. We had a wonderful experience!

Just got back on October 1st using Tony’s services. Our pick up at MCO by Riland on Sept. 23. Everything went smoothly, Had contact from Tony the night before and as soon as our place landed got a call from the driver. A nice, clean SUV. Riland even asked if the music he was playing was OK. Very nice drive and driver! On the return to MCO, it was the man Tony himself driving. On time to the minute and very personable. We got to the airport with Tony allowing time right after the hurricane IAN to accommodate the influx of people trying to get through security. I would definitely use Tony‘s services again. We had a wonderful experience!

Glad to hear it went well. I am using him mid October and he must be busy as he hasn’t replied to the couple of emails I sent over the last two weeks verifying things. I will text him in another week. I want him to send the charge so I can pay by credit card ahead of time. I was worried maybe he had some hurricane problems.

i had Riland for one of my rides and he is definitely an outstanding man!

I would use him again if Tony was booked up

Also his phone number seems to have changed. He was texting me from a different number than the past

I have used Tony for the past 10 years. Most times my friends and I have had Tony pick us up but sometimes we get one of his other drivers. He has always been on time, personable and driven us safely to/from where we needed to be. I always tell him he's a friend now, not just a driver as I use him every year when I head to Disney. Will be using him again come year end :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter