OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

So anyone who takes the boat to DS is now going through security? I appreciate added security but its silly if they don't make everyone entering DS go through security.
We didn’t have security when we went at the end of Nov. it’s set up to funnel for it, but it wasn’t active when we went through.

We didn’t have security when we went at the end of Nov. it’s set up to funnel for it, but it wasn’t active when we went through.
I really hope they get the other dock opened up! If security is no longer an issue, I hope they get more 'captains' and get more boats on the water!

Hi all! We've been to OKW several times for dinner, and to walk around, but we've never stayed before. That's about to change this March! We are so excited. We have a studio booked, since there will only be 2 of us. I have no idea what location to request. Are studios spread out throughout the resort? We will have a car, so it's not crucial to be close to HH, but it would be nice. I'd love to hear your recommendations!

Hi all! We've been to OKW several times for dinner, and to walk around, but we've never stayed before. That's about to change this March! We are so excited. We have a studio booked, since there will only be 2 of us. I have no idea what location to request. Are studios spread out throughout the resort? We will have a car, so it's not crucial to be close to HH, but it would be nice. I'd love to hear your recommendations!
We stayed in what might be the furthest away section, but with a car it was still great. We just drove to the main pool area when we wanted to hang out there. There is plenty of close parking.
We requested Turtle Pond area and didn't get that. But our stay was great. You are going to love it at OKW. Take the time to hang out at the resort, meet the people and cast members.

Reactions: CJK

For non HH, I like Turtle Pond. There is a snack bar there but not sure if it is currently open. The laundry room is by the pool so we like to swim and do laundry at night.

Yes, I tried for a couple different times. The odd part is, on the restaurant page, it only lists dinner if you pick a weekend date. I’m hoping it’s just a glitch.
Just in case anyone was in the same boat I was, Olivia's finally listed brunch on the weekends yesterday, and I was able to book it today for my trip in february.

Anyone have a recent stay and needed a crib/pack-n-play? Are they still in the room or do you need to request one? Can you request ahead of time? Thanks

I will be staying at OKW for the first time in early March. Since the resort is so big I had a question about getting around. We will be taking the new Mears Transportation from the airport to the resort. How do we go about getting our luggage to the building once we arrive? If we drop it off will bell services are they able to assist us? The opposite question for leaving, can we call bell services to pick up our luggage and take it to the front for pick up? Thank you for your help!

I will be staying at OKW for the first time in early March. Since the resort is so big I had a question about getting around. We will be taking the new Mears Transportation from the airport to the resort. How do we go about getting our luggage to the building once we arrive? If we drop it off will bell services are they able to assist us? The opposite question for leaving, can we call bell services to pick up our luggage and take it to the front for pick up? Thank you for your help!
Yes, Bell Services will help with your luggage. If you know your room number when you arrive, they’ll load you and your luggage on a golf cart, drive you to your building, and carry luggage to your room. If you don’t know your room number yet, you can check your luggage with them and go do whatever you want - visit the parks, explore the Hospitality House area, etc. When you get your room number, you can go to BS to have them transport you and your luggage as above, or you can go to your room and call BS from there to bring your luggage to you.

And when you leave, you can call BS to come get you and your luggage for transportation back to HH to board the shuttle.

Tips are customary.

Hi guys!

Debating on OKW, I know it is huge so what is everyone's preference of rooms? Where would the preferred room land me?

If I was to get a preferred room what will I be near and will there be a ton of internal bus stops or how exactly are they doing it there

Thanks so much!!

Hi guys!

Debating on OKW, I know it is huge so what is everyone's preference of rooms? Where would the preferred room land me?

If I was to get a preferred room what will I be near and will there be a ton of internal bus stops or how exactly are they doing it there

Thanks so much!!
There are no "preferred rooms" at OKW for DVC, there are two booking categories that take the same number of points, "Near Hospitality House" and then the rest of the resort. Near HH is buildings 11 to 14 and Buildings 23 to 26. These are closer to the resort restaurant and other guest facilities, but there are lots of other buildings also within an easy walk to these facilities. There was a design change at OKW during construction, Buildings 30 and higher, for one and two bedroom units, have two entrances to the master bathroom, through the master bedroom and through the laundry room. Lower number building only enter the master bath through the master bedroom. So it someone is sleeping in the living room, this will make a difference as far as privacy. There are only 3 buildings with elevators, 62 to 64. These are often held for people with mobility issues, and two of the three OKW handicap accessible Grand Villas are in building 63. My favorite area of the resort is Building 30 to 35, they are near the Old Turtle Pond bus stop, and the Turtle Pond pool.

If you are a cash guest, I have no idea what they would consider "preferred" as cash guests are not supposed to be able to book the near HH category of rooms...they can request them, but if they are booked by DVC Members, they are out of luck.

If you are in a scooter or wheelchair, be sure to request ground floor, or book an accessible room. Accessible rooms usually have raised commodes, and roll in showers. If you are in a ew\wheel chair, or scooter, but ambulatory enough to use standard bathroom facilities, I would request ground floor and not book a hand-accessible unit.

Last edited:
There are no "preferred rooms" at OKW for DVC, there are two booking categories that take the same number of points, "Near Hospitality House" and then the rest of the resort. Near HH is buildings 11 to 14 and Buildings 23 to 26. These are closer to the resort restaurant and other guest facilities, but there are lots of other buildings also within an easy walk to these facilities. There was a design change at OKW during construction, Buildings 30 and higher, for one and two bedroom units, have two entrances to the master bathroom, through the master bedroom and through the laundry room. Lower number building only enter the master bath through the master bedroom. So it someone is sleeping in the living room, this will make a difference as far as privacy. There are only 3 buildings with elevators, 62 to 64. These are often held for people with mobility issues, and two of the three OKW handicap accessible Grand Villas are in building 63. My favorite area of the resort is Building 30 to 35, they are near the Old Turtle Pond bus stop, and the Turtle Pond pool.

If you are a cash guest, I have no idea what they would consider "preferred" as cash guests are not supposed to be able to book the near HH category of rooms...they can request them, but if they are booked by DVC Members, they are out of luck.

If you are in a scooter or wheelchair, be sure to request ground floor, or book an accessible room. Accessible rooms usually have raised commodes, and roll in showers. If you are in a ew\wheel chair, or scooter, but ambulatory enough to use standard bathroom facilities, I would request ground floor and not book a hand-accessible unit.

Thank you!!! That's right near hospitality is what it said. It's my family's dvc I book through so I only looked briefly! We would only need a studio. I don't mind the no elevator issue, I do prefer top floor since I'm a horrible sleeper, is it only 2 floors? Ground and then second?

I appreciate all of your info, thank you for taking the time to explain everything

Last edited:
Thank you!!! That's right near hospitality is what it said. It's my family's dvc I book through so I only looked briefly! We would only need a studio. I don't mind the no elevator issue, I do prefer top floor since I'm a horrible sleeper, is it only 2 floors? Ground and then second?

I appreciate all of your info, thank you for taking the time to explain everything
Buildings vary, that are not all the same. 2 or 3 floors. Most of the studios are on the 1 or 2 floor.

Does anyone know if they still(or currently) have Movies Under the Stars, and if so, how I can get the January 2022 schedule?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter