OKW View High Floor vs. Ground Floor

disneyfan2kids

DisneyFan3Kids now, but I can't change my name.
Headed to OKW and requesting Turtle Pond (only a request, I know). I am aware there are no elevators - and we WILL have a heavy stroller. Therefore, I'm thinking requesting Ground Floor. However, if the views improve substantially in a "high floor" - then I'll deal with carrying the stroller up & down the stairs and request a higher floor.

I've been to OKW and LOVE the balcony's (we have 1br) and the views. We have always had higher floors when we had 1br's and the ONLY time we had a ground floor it was a studio (which was surrounding with shrubs and very dark). Was that only b/c it was a Studio? Typically are the 1br views pretty consistent regardless of how high and was my dark studio on the ground floor ONLY dark because it was a studio? We are SO looking forward to spending alot of time on the balcony and would hate it if it ended up being dark and surrounded by shrubs because I requested Ground Floor.

We had a third floor studio at OKW and all we saw were trees and shrubs and the room was dark. We also did not have the window near the door in that studio as the stairs led directly up to that room. That studios was surrounded by a 1BR (Lock-off) and a 2BR. We were told we had a water view.

Last time I stayed at okw I was disappointed when they told me my room was on the ground floor. To my surprise the view was spectacular. I wouldn’t hesitate to have a ground-floor room ! Why kill yourself with the stroller! You can probably end up with a good or a bad view regardless of the floor you are on. Have fun!

We had a phenomenal ground floor room in building 25, which was light and bright with a water view. If we were to visit again, I would certainly recommend a ground floor room.

OKW is our “first home” resort back in 93. We have stayed there numerous times on all levels. With the property so massive and very mature vegetation view is really hit and miss although we never thought of view when staying OKW or SS because the buildings are not high rise like BLT or near the lake like GF. like mentioned above if you are hiking a heavy stroller up and down all the time it might be nice to get ground floor and if foilage is dense enjoy the privacy.
With OKW our main request was to either be close to Hospitality House or other times as far away for peace and quiet. Hope things work out.

With OKW our main request was to either be close to Hospitality House or other times as far away for peace and quiet. Hope things work out.

Yes, "near HH" is sold out - was considering requesting bldgs 27, 28, 29 BUT now I'm thinking I'd prefer Turtle Pond - It will be Spring Break and HH pool will most likely be insanely busy - so, considering the potential crowds, my teens would probably prefer the more quiet nature of a quiet pool (and the snack bar at TP is a great perk!)

Are grand villas ever ground floor?

As I recall when researching the HA ones are that aren't in the elevator buildings.. The HA setup is in the master bedroom and with no elevators they have to be on the ground floor to be accessible.

Having just returned from OKW Turtle Pond Rd, I might suggest requesting Bldg 41, we stayed in Building 42 and the balcony faced the road and traffic. Although the trees blocked the view of the road, it was not the best view and we could hear traffic. We also had strollers, suggest first or second floor. Enjoy!

Headed to OKW and requesting Turtle Pond (only a request, I know). I am aware there are no elevators - and we WILL have a heavy stroller. Therefore, I'm thinking requesting Ground Floor. However, if the views improve substantially in a "high floor" - then I'll deal with carrying the stroller up & down the stairs and request a higher floor.

I've been to OKW and LOVE the balcony's (we have 1br) and the views. We have always had higher floors when we had 1br's and the ONLY time we had a ground floor it was a studio (which was surrounding with shrubs and very dark). Was that only b/c it was a Studio? Typically are the 1br views pretty consistent regardless of how high and was my dark studio on the ground floor ONLY dark because it was a studio? We are SO looking forward to spending alot of time on the balcony and would hate it if it ended up being dark and surrounded by shrubs because I requested Ground Floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter