Old Rare Character Pics (Updated! Lots of New Pics on Page4)

Speaking of old characters, does anyone have an idea when the last time that the Big Bad Wolf and/or the Three Little Pigs were seen out? I was watching one of the DisneyTimeless Tales with my DD and it made me wonder.

To answer your question...

Marie is advertised so much at WDW because she is soooo big in Japan. They do this here because of the Asian tourists. It's funny because if you were in Tokyo Disney, you would rarely see people with mouse ears. Most of the tourists all have Marie "cat" ears. The balloons sold in the World Bazaar (their Main Street) are Marie balloons as well. I am guessing that this is because of the respect and luck that Japan has in cats. Disney is just making sure that the Asian guests won't be left out when visiting the American Disney.
head...:confused3

I know this is 2 pages late, but it's so true :cutie: Having grown up partly in Japan though, I honestly have to say it really has nothing to do with the respect and luck of cats thing. Thinking back, I guess the general majority of my friends loved cats, but I seriously believe Marie is so popular simply because she's cute. She's a female, fluffy cat with a big pink bow on her head. Kind of like why the princesses are popular world-over... they're pretty! princess:
That's all I can imagine my friends answering anyways. Kind of like the playboy bunny on their school uniform sweaters and socks... the bunny is cute! who cares what it stands for? :rotfl:

I love this thread!! I especially love seeing characters from cartoons passed (gummi bears, tale spin, etc..) that I probably won't get the chance to see in the parks again. Take a bunch of pictures of Kim Possible, etc. because in the future, they're bound to be found in a thread like this one! popcorn::
The autographs were interesting, too... I want tink's autograph :tink:

Speaking of old characters, does anyone have an idea when the last time that the Big Bad Wolf and/or the Three Little Pigs were seen out? I was watching one of the DisneyTimeless Tales with my DD and it made me wonder.

Don't they appear in the Spectro Magic parade? If not, I know that I've seen them in one of the special parades for either MNSSHP or MVMCP. But I keep thinking that they are walking and wearing lighted costumes in Spectro :confused3

Don't they appear in the Spectro Magic parade? If not, I know that I've seen them in one of the special parades for either MNSSHP or MVMCP. But I keep thinking that they are walking and wearing lighted costumes in Spectro :confused3

I'd have to agree with that, but I can't corraborate...anyone know for sure? :confused3

Really? Hmmm... I'll have to watch the footage of Spectro that I taped last year to see if I managed to catch a glimpse. Does WDW still have them come out for pics/autographs during the special events?
10.gif

When was the "Orange Bird" character around? Does he still make appearances?

Do you mean the bird that had an orange for a head? I don't know if he ever was a character, but I know he was the mascot for the FL Citrus Growers (I think that's who it was) who used to sponsor the Tiki Room back when it was good. They were the sponsors of the Enchanted Grove where you get a Citrus Swirl back when they used to be real frozed orange juice swirled with real ice cream, not sweetened orange freezy stuff swirled with frozen yogurt. I used to have an old plastic bank shaped like that bird, but I can't remember if I bought him at WDW or at a souvenir shop on I-Drive - there was a shop shaped like an orange that I think isn't there anymore. It was near Shell World, which may also be gone. Darn I miss the Orlando of my childhood!

ETA: I found a picture of him, this is just like the bank I had. Is this the bird you were talking about?
dto2a.jpg

WHOA... I see that the bird bank was sold by Walt Disney Productions so I'm guessing sold in the parks... and now is selling for $35.00! I'll have to see if I still have mine! Check it out: http://www.tias.com/11862/PictPage/1922539842.html#images

Little OT, but a few people mentioned Marie hats from Tokyo Disney.

Are those availble at all at WDW does anyone know?
My daughter is a die hard Aristocat fan, Marie in particular.

Do you mean the bird that had an orange for a head? I don't know if he ever was a character, but I know he was the mascot for the FL Citrus Growers (I think that's who it was) who used to sponsor the Tiki Room back when it was good. [/IMG][/URL]

Are you kidding?! The Tiki Room was always good and it still is.

You just have to learn to embrace change.

ETA: I found a picture of him, this is just like the bank I had. Is this the bird you were talking about?
dto2a.jpg

WHOA... I see that the bird bank was sold by Walt Disney Productions so I'm guessing sold in the parks... and now is selling for $35.00! I'll have to see if I still have mine! Check it out: http://www.tias.com/11862/PictPage/1922539842.html#images

I think he was a character! I have pictures from 1979 and I am thinking I have one with me posing with that orange bird!

I will go digging in the attic tomorrow:thumbsup2

This is my cousin Dana and I in Magic Kingdom in 1982!
I am the taller one in the black strip shorts.

My first time to Disney World! My only picture from that trip!
scan0002.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter