OMG! I am OBSESSED with DisBoards! Ahh - Support Group needed...

When do you usually go? Do you go every year? I'm still trying to figure out how we can go this fall!?:confused: I just read a post from someone near chicago this is what she posted:

"The -cheapest- we've ever stayed at the All Stars (Music) was $36/night last year from May 29-June 4 during Star Wars Weekends. This was a special rate though for Priceline.com that ran the last 2 weeks of May through the first 2 weeks of June, and the rate only became available at the end of April. My parents had a split stay at Sports and Music during the same week and had no problem requesting an adjoining room to ours at ASM for the latter part of their trip.

I'd love to see this rate made available again but it's one of those things you can't bank on -- it was a surprise thing that Disney just did due to those hotels not being filled to capacity during that timespan, and we made a spur of the moment decision to go the same day we learned of that rate (on the DIS boards, of course."

and

"They did not advertise it when it happened -- it showed up on the DISboards on this same board. Here's the original thread -- you can see that the boards pretty much went nuts that day with people booking reservations. I would just advise checking these boards every day in case there is news of it happening again. It was the first time I've ever know of Disney offering their hotels to Priceline.

Additionally, the best advice I can give to do Disney for less than rack rate is to be very flexible on your dates. We go every year, but we rarely know more than a month or two out as to when we're going. Whenever we find a low rate, via a newspaper code, postcard or whatever the case may be, we book the trip. With the Priceline trip last year, those dates lined up with $169 round-trip airfare on United out of Chicago as well, so it was truly our cheapest trip to date -- and our first time at the All Stars as a family too. Coronado Springs is our favorite resort, and we've stayed there almost every other year, and we have never paid more than $89/night for that either. Two years ago we booked Port Orleans Riverside for $79/night on a postcard code and got upgraded to Saratoga Springs on arrival. We have had very good luck with last-minute trips. You just have to be willing to jump on the good rates when they pop up."

Sounds awesome huh?

When do you usually go? Do you go every year? I'm still trying to figure out how we can go this fall!?:confused: I just read a post from someone near chicago this is what she posted:

"The -cheapest- we've ever stayed at the All Stars (Music) was $36/night last year from May 29-June 4 during Star Wars Weekends. This was a special rate though for Priceline.com that ran the last 2 weeks of May through the first 2 weeks of June, and the rate only became available at the end of April. My parents had a split stay at Sports and Music during the same week and had no problem requesting an adjoining room to ours at ASM for the latter part of their trip.

I'd love to see this rate made available again but it's one of those things you can't bank on -- it was a surprise thing that Disney just did due to those hotels not being filled to capacity during that timespan, and we made a spur of the moment decision to go the same day we learned of that rate (on the DIS boards, of course."

and

"They did not advertise it when it happened -- it showed up on the DISboards on this same board. Here's the original thread -- you can see that the boards pretty much went nuts that day with people booking reservations. I would just advise checking these boards every day in case there is news of it happening again. It was the first time I've ever know of Disney offering their hotels to Priceline.

Additionally, the best advice I can give to do Disney for less than rack rate is to be very flexible on your dates. We go every year, but we rarely know more than a month or two out as to when we're going. Whenever we find a low rate, via a newspaper code, postcard or whatever the case may be, we book the trip. With the Priceline trip last year, those dates lined up with $169 round-trip airfare on United out of Chicago as well, so it was truly our cheapest trip to date -- and our first time at the All Stars as a family too. Coronado Springs is our favorite resort, and we've stayed there almost every other year, and we have never paid more than $89/night for that either. Two years ago we booked Port Orleans Riverside for $79/night on a postcard code and got upgraded to Saratoga Springs on arrival. We have had very good luck with last-minute trips. You just have to be willing to jump on the good rates when they pop up."

Sounds awesome huh?

Just checkin in :) . Wow, those rates sound great. Unfortunately as a family of 5 we cannot stay in the Values except for the new suites but those have higher rates. We are even limited to POR in the mods. Hence the reason we bought into DVC this January.

I think our cheapest trip was August 2005. We had booked a 4 day cruise for Sept but decided that it was just so much money. I was able to get POR for $99/nt on an AP discount. Then I lucked out with a Southwest Ding fare and got all 5 tix for just over $500! We ended up staying on property for 11 days for less than what we would have paid for 3 days on the cruise.

Well, must run have to pick-up dd9 from school. I'll be back though :rotfl: .

Yes, those rates are good! We do not go every year...We seem to be going every 2 or 3 years... we thought we would only be able to afford going once every so offen, but the way Disney has it set up, being able to make payemnts on line here and there, it is far more affordable that we had expected! We went the first time in March 2004 with my inlaws and BIL and his family. The bill was footed so we got bit by the Disney bug needless to say. That way we were also able to afford to go again in October of 2005. we did a Land and Sea trip that time... now we are hooked! From here on out we also will be limited to Mods, as we are a fresh Family of 5! We are thinking about the CR this coming March because of the convienece of it all. I hoinestly have a Champagne Taste on a Buweiser Budget so to speak. I would love to stay in a Delux ALL the time, but we will certainly have to pinch pennines this year and put our entire Tax return check (prob this year and next's) to make it worthwhile. But its SOOO worth it! And DH works so much during the rest of the year, he wants his one bug vacation to be a good one. He will not skimp when on vacation! We usually do a smaller less expoensive trip in the summer, to Myrtle Beach for a week, or something and a free visit to visit the inlaws in Florida everey year as well!

Good Morning! :surfweb: I am just checking in; getting my daily fill (first round) of The Dis...

So, carry on fello Addicts, carry on....:thumbsup2

Good Morning everyone! I'm soooo glad it's Saturday! I usually get on first thing in the morning, BUT my DH decided to act like a kid this week and ended up fracturing his elbow. That means that I had to get up, feed the kids, feed him, clean up, etc. before I was able to get on. :sad2: But now he feels bad that I have all this extra work and he doesn't mind when I need to get my Dis fix. Anyway, hope everyone's enjoying their morning Dis wake up! :yay:

Hello fellow disney addicts. Just saying hi!:goodvibes Had too much to do today so checking in tonight. Any new codes? How 'bout free dining!?
Well I gotta check the boards. bye for now

Hello Hello

Checking in from work - Couldn't stay away too long... didn't have a chance to check in at all yesterday and I am having Dis withdrawls... :crazy2:

Freezng cold here today. -3' before wind chills. Makes we want to head to Disney that much more!! :sad1:

DH and I are thinking about buying a 5th wheel camper for the family and you know what my first reaction was - We can take THAT to Disney next March!! How affordable would that be!!?? I said I would have to have a few nights a Hotel though, CR or Poly preferrably! Now I def. have the Disney Bug!! :hyper: Toodellooooooo........

PS Love the new smilies!! So fun!! :clown: :joker: :clown: :crowded:

Checking in here too.....haven't had as much time to be online since "The Season" is upon me :rotfl: . That is, March and all of the St. Pat's festivities - so many shows so little time :shamrock:

I just keep focused on my countdown ticker to keep me going through all the craziness. :dancer: (not quite an Irish dancer but the closest there is :) )

Hmmm..... so I haven't check in with all of my fellow addicts in a while! Its 11:07 and I am still on poking around the DisBoards....

I so know that I should be in bed or atleast making my way there - the last round of picking up the Living room and kitchen, maybe organizing cloths for the AM, checking the kids - making sure they are still breething and covered up, then crawling into bed myself. 7am comes quickly, especially witha not so sleeping thru the night 5 month old.

But here I am poking around the DisBoards wondering if we should buy a camper and stay at Ft Wilderness for $2200 and change for a 7 nights with Park Hopper plus tickets, with no expiration, and dining or shell out $4500+ to stay at CR or WL.... with the same tickets and dining.... Seems like a no brainer - then there is the 24 hour ride in the truck to FL from NH and not having that excitement of staying in a big hotel and riding the elevator, yelling at the kids not to jump on the bed and not having the opportunity of stealing the Mickey Soaps left in the room daily by the CMs...:rotfl:

Yet, we can pack all the crap we want, the kids can have their own stuff and familiar surroundings. Its more affordable and we have something tangible after we spend $4500+ to go to Disney - 1/3 of our camper is paid for.....

Dh and I have always camped in the past as kids with our parents or with his parents since we have been married. So we have always wanted a camper/RV of our own and now with a kick-**** tax return and some savings, we are able to buy a camper if we so desire. Or pay for our WDW vacation out right..... Hmmmm.....:confused:

So now I am frequenting the Camping/Ft Wilderness boards, trying to decide if I/we should do the logical thing and buys a 5th wheel that we can use other times of the year and again at WDW in the futre or do the all out vacation thing and stay at a hotel and shell out the big bucks....:scared1:

I told Dh the other night, that if we did decide to buy a fith wheel and go to FW, I would still like to stay at a resort the last 2 nights or so.... :love:

Ok. So thats my rambeling for now. Thanks fo listening and please feel free to comment on the situation - advice and insight is always welcome and appreciated!:surfweb:

I know what you mean. My husband and I have always wanted a RV since before we were married. But now, I am not sure!?! After all those years of frugality and camping my husband doesn't want to camp really at all. He says he would camp in a RV, but after the awesome trip to WDW in 2005 camping even in an RV seem quite pale!:lmao: I too have been frequenting the FW boards and checking out camping or should I say tenting,:scared1: so this has been in my thought pattern too!:rotfl: I guess that is why we are on the obsessed w/disney boards, we want to go so bad we are wondering just exactly what we will do to get there!:lmao: The side that wants to get there so badly will camp!:rolleyes: The side that finally got a taste of an awesome family vacation says what am I talking about:sad2: make disney the splurge trip, but then it is back around to, but then I can't go as frequently!:sad1: So I hear you, I keep going back and forth.;)

BTW I haven't been on in a while(a couple of days!:rotfl2: ) and this morning I should be doing something else, but I couldn't resist finding out what everyone is talking about!:rotfl: I guess I gotta go I hear my little 3 month old son crying. Did your son sleep through the night and is back awake again? My son has been sleeping through the night for about 2 months and has been spotty the last week. My children always do that especially around 5 months.

I am not so sure I would tent, but a nice big 5h wheel wold certainly do. I think the drive might kill me but as a PP said once we are there the camper may have more room that a Hotel proom.....?? Something to ponder over the next year or so..... I am still interested in what others have to say!

Gotta run and get the little darlings ready for school! Oh, and me for work too! :sad2:

Haven't heard from our fellow dis addicts. How's everyone doing? I have been off and on the boards. I kicked my teenage daugher off the computer to get on...she wasn't too happy!:lmao:

Still here, just not as often. Try to do fly by posts when I can. Been really busy at work, but it is Spring Break, so maybe I'll have a little more DIS time! :rotfl: :cool1:

Hi my name is Traci and I am also a Dis Board Addict! When do we log on for meetings!:grouphug:

Sadly i'm joking and kinda not at the same time.

Oh Lord, U just hit home!
I feel the same way, :surfweb: I truly believe I need help!!!! I normally Log in around 7pm which is around the time we normally arrive home, changed 2 something comfy,
shower my Daughter and feed her and my husband--I don't do none of this for myself, :scared1: just kidding or am I ? I'm :confused:--I feel I sometimes
loose track on the things I have or haven't done since once I log in my soul is at the complete mercy :worship: of Dis' forum, lol
The problem with me is that my day starts at 5am and on most days I have finally shut down the laptop :hourglass 30mins b4 the alarm is about to go off!!
I have got to find away to get rid of DIS' disney addiction. :badpc: but I have heard that in order to get rid of a addiction, you must want to quit deep down your gut, AND I AM NOT READY OR WILLING TO DO THAT!!! :lmao:
I NEED HELP----HEEELLLLPPPPP!!!! :rotfl2:

Its so bad, I even wondered if I could somehome prop the laptop on the display area thingy so I could walk and Dis at the same time! Is that a crime - walking under the influance (of the Dis)? :confused3 :surfweb: :rotfl2:

Amen-----ur so funny :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl:
as yu can see, I'm cracking up

to the person considering the camper, you have to count in the gasoline cost of driving there. pulling a camper you are not going to do very well.

what you could do is, buy a camper second-hand. try it for a few years. if you are not happy you could then re-sell it for somewhat less than what you bought it for. if you buy a new camper the resale price will be much lower than the initial price.

to the person considering the camper, you have to count in the gasoline cost of driving there. pulling a camper you are not going to do very well.

what you could do is, buy a camper second-hand. try it for a few years. if you are not happy you could then re-sell it for somewhat less than what you bought it for. if you buy a new camper the resale price will be much lower than the initial price.

Hi! That's me :wave2: We will most certainly do a used camper. Don't want the payment of a new one! I actually calculated gas mileage for us from NH to WDW and it would be under $650 with tolls. About 1/2 as much as it would be for us to all fly, bot to mention the lower cost of campsites to hotel rooms. We have a nice chunk of change saved, we are still undecicive! of what we want to do... I hate to see it go!

:shamrock: Happy St. Patrick's Day!: Here is to all GREEN things on The Dis! hyper2: :jumping2 :bounce: :tilt: :shamrock: :worried: :smokin: :clown: :wave2: :crazy2: :thumbsup2

Glad to see this Tread is still alive and well... I have been checking in but no one has posted in a while! popcorn:: I was very excited to see a new post! :banana: Kepp Posting!

My new obsession is DisRadio?? Many days after work and on the days I don't work.... Ok - so its whenever I am home.... I shut off the TV and put on Dis Radio!!!! I cannot do it when DH is home, because God Forbid we don't have The NFL, ESPN or some Sports highlight show going on! Who needs to know what is happening in the rest of the world when The New England Patriots have acquired Adanian Thomas!!?? I digress...

Disradio...Its so fun! If you haven't tried it yet - you should! Its all kinds of music from the Parades and sertain rides! However they haven't changed the music in a while, so I am beginning to know all the words to every song. Minus the foreign language songs from the Epcot Parade and Euro or Japanese Disney. I will be fluent in French in no time, but will only able to communicate during Parades! :laughing: :lmao:

Happy Posting fellow Dis-Addicts!! And Happy St Patty's Day! :shamrock:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter