Online shops for clothing

Piglet

<font color=blue>Can't beat <font color=red>Family
With my daughter getting married, I've been in need of some dressier clothes. Where are your favorite places to shop online? I love the look of some of the outfits that flood my facebook from some of the shops out of the US, but would rather like to order from somewhere more reliable. Any suggestions of places that have similar styles?

Amazon, got an amazing dress for my niece's wedding recently, very beautiful and very reasonable and got lots of compliments on it. Also allowed free return if not happy but I am a Prime member, not sure if that was why.

I've mostly ordered online from department stores (Macy's, Nordstrom, etc), so I could return in person if needed to avoid fees for return shipping, or from Amazon for easy free returns.

For dressier stuff, especially events, I like to us Nordstrom. Easy shipping/returns. Macy's is good too, I just find their returns don't credit back as fast as Nordstrom.

Similar to what? If you like dresses, I highly recommend ModCloth.com They carry a full range of sizes and have reasonably priced dresses of all types.

Update: Apparently there is some issue with accessing Modcloth from European IP addresses. I found an article that says that you can order from them via the Nordstrom website. This link is for styles that are on clearance sale via Nordstrom Rack, major markdowns: https://www.nordstromrack.com/brands/MODCLOTH/Women

Last edited:
Similar to what? If you like dresses, I highly recommend ModCloth.com They carry a full range of sizes and have reasonably priced dresses of all types.

Update: Apparently there is some issue with accessing Modcloth from European IP addresses. I found an article that says that you can order from them via the Nordstrom website. This link is for styles that are on clearance sale via Nordstrom Rack, major markdowns: https://www.nordstromrack.com/brands/MODCLOTH/Women
Thank you ! That's exactly what I was looking for.

In addition to the suggestions already given, I've been doing a lot of secondhand shopping on Poshmark (I'm able to find a lot that's NWT for cheaper than retail) and ThredUp. You have to do a bit of digging, but there are some great finds.

Nordstrom, Nordstrom, Nordstrom.

Huge selection. Free shipping and returns. Excellent customer service.

Are you in the US? I have often used Rent the Runway when I've needed formal or dressy attire I might not wear again. Although I haven't used them since COVID hit so not sure if they've been impacted.

I do most of my clothing shopping online (even prior to the pandemic), and for dressy stuff, my go-tos include Anthropologie and the sale section of Ralph Lauren. I also love shopping on the Unique Vintage site; they have all kinds of stuff, from dressy to casual, as well as some adorable Disney-themed items.

Not dressy — in fact, it's all very casual — but just in case it also helps them get some hits, my very favorite shop to order from online is Toad & Co. Everything I've gotten from them is comfy, cute, and versatile. They use sustainable materials and manufacturing practices, they train and hire people with disabilities in their warehouse, and a small portion of every sale is donated to environmental causes (only 1%, but that's still 1% more than most places).

For shower/luncheon-type events and rehearsal dinner I'd look at Talbots, Ann Taylor and Chicos. A lot depends on your size and shape. I'm a curvy 6 petite and some shops seem to gear toward long and lean bodies.

For wedding itself....that's an issue I'm having now for son's fall wedding. I bought dress for DD wedding at Lord and Taylor but they are gone. I'll probably end up at Nordstroms or Dillards. A major problem is that I don't like a lot of sequins and jewels and I don't like low cut or tight dresses. That seems to be what's out there. Maybe David's bridal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter