Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

Not only have they done this before, but they always seem to have internet issues, not sure why, but it does seem like they either do it on purpose or something deliberate. The demand isn't so much that they shouldn't be able to handle it. I think it must be trying to use some ****ty software that they own stock in or something. lol

It really is, I'm amazed at how many haver never been, I like it much better than Universals mazes, because it has more than just good mazes, Ghost town alone is worth it. (including "The Hanging" stage show)
HHN last year was miserably busy. I want to go again this year but I don’t know if I can handle how crowded it was.

It's important to emphasize that this message does not say that ticket sales will resume July 6.

It says that on July 6, they will publish an update on OBB sales, which might include a day and time when sales resume, and that such a day and time will provide advance notice.

So in other words, all we know is that they might tell us the new date for sales on July 6, and no sooner. But they might not. We know nothing else. They are probably trying to set expectations and figure out how to improve or change the system to work correctly for attempt #2.
Wonder if it's something more serious than just a "how do we keep the page from crashing" and instead is something like duplicate ticket numbers were going out, or they weren't being recorded on the back end, even though ticket emails were going out (and will be honored). Something that is seriously going to cause them problems, not just managing demand. Again, they COULD just beef up the bandwidth and processing to the site (especially because as someone else said, it likely is hosted via AWS or something) and open general sales without a queue. Like main ticket sales still work...

You think Disney wrote their ticketing backend and the queue system in house? If so, these guys seriously hire the worst programmers.

I get problems happen. But not having an answer (not even a solution, just an answer of "hey, this is a major hardware failure that can't be fixed today" or "wow, the whole code base was deleted and backups will take too long, there is no way it's happening today" for HOURS makes me think it can't be in house...

The web page and stuff is different than ticketing and reservation programs and stuff. I don't doubt the customer facing stuff is in house Disney.
They got the software custom made at UpWork in trade for a churro. 8-)

Not only have they done this before, but they always seem to have internet issues, not sure why, but it does seem like they either do it on purpose or something deliberate. The demand isn't so much that they shouldn't be able to handle it. I think it must be trying to use some ****ty software that they own stock in or something. lol

It really is, I'm amazed at how many haver never been, I like it much better than Universals mazes, because it has more than just good mazes, Ghost town alone is worth it. (including "The Hanging" stage show)
Is the knotts scary farm too scary for kids or is it more tame?

Does Billy the Boy Idiot run their IT department??? It’s mind boggling that a company, whose one of their main jobs is to sell tickets, can screw something up this badly!!

HHN last year was miserably busy. I want to go again this year but I don’t know if I can handle how crowded it was.
If you can, open the wallet. I go for RIP passes (basically their daytime VIP but for the HHN event) and it's so amazing. Guided front of the line, nice sit down dinner, unlimited front of the line after the tour (usually that ends about 2 or 3 hours before the event is over so you can redo stuff).

Worth every penny, especially for someone that's out of state and may only have one night there. I always have been able to do everything once and usually half of it twice or maybe some even three times, plus the "show" (usually sucks, Knott's is MUCH better for shows), and I love that the dinner seems great even for vegan/vegetarians (I'm vegetarian).

Super intense. I would not take kids... probably 14+ would be ok if they can handle horror movies and jump scares.

The subject matter isn't "too much" for some younger kids (as long as they can understand what's fake and what isn't), but the scareactors that jump out at people from the fog and dark and stuff... it's very much adult.

Their shows also tend to be adult humor.

More tame than what.? lol
Definitely not more tame than OBB, but similar to Universal. If you're kids are young & get scared easy, id go during the day only.

It really is unbelievable that Disney gets away with this kind of thing. They should be ashamed for how they treat their loyal customers. But as others have mentioned there is no accountability. They sell out so they don't care and they have no incentive to improve the process. I feel horribly for those of you who tried all day long and didn't get in and now have to go through all this nonsense again. Absolutely ridiculous. I hope people write in and complain. They need to hear it.

They got the software custom made at UpWork in trade for a churro. 8-)
Or this... it was custom made software by a "hire for contract" type team that has since been let go (why pay people when the heavy lifting is done) and now there is a couple generations of employees removed from the people that actually know how to repair it and clearly there isn't good documentation. It could be inhouse that no one knows how to fix, and no one is given the time to overhaul it and "own" it as a new program or vast upgrade to the old one. Just "get it working" type of time being given to it.

I JUST got this on my end...WOW.
So yeah I appreciate they're going to give advance notice but think I'm gonna just peace out and watch the show from my computer next week.

I'm sorry for anyone dealing with it.Screenshot_20230629_163611_Chrome.jpg

It really is unbelievable that Disney gets away with this kind of thing. They should be ashamed for how they treat their loyal customers. But as others have mentioned there is no accountability. They sell out so they don't care and they have no incentive to improve the process. I feel horribly for those of you who tried all day long and didn't get in and now have to go through all this nonsense again. Absolutely ridiculous. I hope people write in and complain. They need to hear it.
3rd time is a charm... again holding my $1600 pass tightly as I can see such value from it...

Or this... it was custom made software by a "hire for contract" type team that has since been let go (why pay people when the heavy lifting is done) and now there is a couple generations of employees removed from the people that actually know how to repair it and clearly there isn't good documentation. It could be inhouse that no one knows how to fix, and no one is given the time to overhaul it and "own" it as a new program or vast upgrade to the old one. Just "get it working" type of time being given to it.
This is how companies like Oracle and IBM stay in business, they make sure things work. It's not that hard

More tame than what.? lol
Definitely not more tame than OBB, but similar to Universal. If you're kids are young & get scared easy, id go during the day only.
Sorry, I meant more tame than HHN at universal. If they do trick or treating during the day we might go. My oldest son (6) watches some weird stuff so IDK if he would be scared but my other child is only going to be 2 so probably not for him LOL.

Sorry, I meant more tame than HHN at universal. If they do trick or treating during the day we might go. My oldest son (6) watches some weird stuff so IDK if he would be scared but my other child is only going to be 2 so probably not for him LOL.
I would recommend not taking them to knotts scary farm. That’s a little young. I mean maybe watch some videos online and see for yourself if it would be ok for your kid cause you know him best but I personally wouldn’t.

This is how companies like Oracle and IBM stay in business, they make sure things work. It's not that hard
And how someone like Apple sells MILLIONS of devices in the first day or two when they have a new release.

I would LOVE to know how many tickets Disney actually sells for the party... but I would be surprised if it was even a million.

3rd time is a charm... again holding my $1600 pass tightly as I can see such value from it...

I'm as disillusioned with the process as the next person, but my $1600 pass is just fine. I get to to go the parks as much as I want with free parking and pretty decent discounts on merch/food. It sucks that the MK sales also sucked for OBB, I got screwed that day too. But, it's not WHY I have a magic key. And it's not guaranteed that all MK holders will get tickets for OBB either. It's a perk, not a promise. We all deserved a fair shot at OBB tickets, and most people did not get that, regardless of whether they were keyholders or not. Disappointment sucks no matter how much money you give to Disney each year.

(Also, there are non-keyholders who probably give a lot more money to Disney than I do every year, because they stay on property and eat at the high end restaurants and spend a fortune on merch. I just spend a regular amount of money, because I'm not wealthy. They got screwed just as equally as I did.)

I would recommend not taking them to knotts scary farm. That’s a little young. I mean maybe watch some videos online and see for yourself if it would be ok for your kid cause you know him best but I personally wouldn’t.
I meant we would just go during the day for trick or treating. Not to the scary part after dark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter