Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept '13 TR! updates x 4 10/13!

lvcourtneyy

DIS Veteran

Hello and welcome everyone! Some of you may know me from my January 2013 TR and my PTR but for those of you who don't, I'm Courtney (on the right) and on the left is my DBF Chris!

Photo1042FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

We just returned from our 3rd Disney trip in 2 years and I have to say it was our best trip yet. We were in the World from September 10-21st and our trip was full of food (free dining!), fun, heat and new experiences!

For more about us and the details of our trip, check out my PTR, We both got real jobs: now we can go to Disney! Sept 2013 PTR! or to hear about our previous adventure in January (yes, the TR is still going on! :rotfl2:), check out my first TR, "Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey":Jan 2013 TR

Otherwise, here are the basics of our magical adventure:

Who: Me, Courtney, 23 and DBF Chris, 24
What: A trip to Disney with 6 day park hoppers and waterparks option, 2 MNSSHPs, Limited Time Magic and Free Dining!
Where: Pop Century!
When: September 10-21!

WOot Woot!!!! I made it over! And I'm the first to comment!

I'm in and can't wait to hear all about it! popcorn::

Subscribed!! I've been meaning to catch up on your other TR (since I am also a Courtney). I will definitely be following along with this one, though, I would love to do a Halloween trip!

Hi Courtney,

Subbing in. I'm so curious to see how all the TR's overlap with each other due to all the Disers down there at that time. Should be fun!! :goodvibes

So here I am on this lovely chilly Tuesday night looking for some reading material so I decided to skim though the TRs to see if there were any by any people I was looking forward to, and I find yours IIIEEE yaya!!!

Ahaha, don’t even worry about the fact that your Jan TR is still going, mine from LAST Sept is still up and running! Got a day and a half left of that puppy!

Of course I’m super excited to read all about it!!

Subscribed!! I've been meaning to catch up on your other TR (since I am also a Courtney). I will definitely be following along with this one, though, I would love to do a Halloween trip!

Welcome!! I've definitely seen you on other TRs and wanted to read yours too! Always fun to find another Courtney! :goodvibes

you know i'm in! so excited!

Yay! Thanks for being here! :goodvibes

I'm here Courtney! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Thanks Shannon! :goodvibes

I'm here and excited for your TR! :cool1:

Yay! So glad to have you always reading along! I can't wait to read about your trip when you get back!! :goodvibes

I'm in! I'm so excited to see how everything played out since you wrote your PTR!

Thanks! I can't wait to share! :goodvibes

Hi Courtney,

Subbing in. I'm so curious to see how all the TR's overlap with each other due to all the Disers down there at that time. Should be fun!! :goodvibes

Welcome! It did seem like there were tons of us there that time! Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

Ooh, excited :D

Welcome! Thanks! :cool1:

Can't wait to hear all about it! Although that Christmas photo threw me for a second :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: The January pictures were already loaded on Flickr for my other TR that's still going on so they were easily accessible! Thanks for being here! :goodvibes

Joining in! :)

Yay! Welcome! :goodvibes

So here I am on this lovely chilly Tuesday night looking for some reading material so I decided to skim though the TRs to see if there were any by any people I was looking forward to, and I find yours IIIEEE yaya!!!

Ahaha, don’t even worry about the fact that your Jan TR is still going, mine from LAST Sept is still up and running! Got a day and a half left of that puppy!

Of course I’m super excited to read all about it!!

Ahhh yay glad you found it! Sorry there wasn't too much reading material yet! :rotfl2:

It's fun to have trip reports lasting a long time! It makes it seem like the trip wasn't that far away!

Our travel day started with a 4 am alarm! It was a little hard to get out of bed but knowing we were on the way to DISNEY made it a lot easier. My parents kindly agreed to drive us to JFK and we were on the road by 4:30.

We got to JFK right before 5. I had already checked-in for our flight 24 hours before so we just had to check our luggage in and go through security. The lines for security were long and people kept trying to cut into other lines which was frustrating but we made it through pretty quickly and were through by 5:30.

Once we made it through security, Chris realized he left his phone charger at home. Since he has the iphone 4 and I have the 5, he couldn't even share my charger. So I sat down at a table with our carry-ons to wait for him to go to the electronics store to get one.

IMG_2167 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Soon enough, he was the owner of a $25 new charger and I was starving. We headed over to the food area, which are all clumped together like a food court and ridiculously crowded and confusing. There was a deli counter so I decided to pass on breakfast food and got a roast beef sandwich with roasted pepper and mozzarella cheese. We took it over to our gate to wait and it was delicious!

IMG_2175 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

After some waiting and some airport selfies were posted to Instagram, it was time to board!

IMG_2171 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Jetblue boards planes from back to front, with the exception of those who purchase extra more space boarding first. I always pick seats close to the front so we were in row 7 so we were some of the last to board which is fine with me!

IMG_2178 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

IMG_2179 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

IMG_2182 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Soon enough, we were in the air!

IMG_2184 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

IMG_2185 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

We watched some TV (I think Law and Order:SVU was on!), napped, and ate some snacks and then we began our final descent to Orlando! :cool1:

I'm not gonna lie--I could not contain my excitement. I was pretty much dancing in my seat waiting to get off the plane and no one else seemed to share my excitement so I'm not too sure what was wrong with them.

We made our way to the fake monorail!

IMG_2186 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

IMG_2187 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

IMG_2191 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

IMG_2192 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Then it was time to put on our Magicbands!

IMG_2207 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

We started making our way to the ME counter and seriously, this is the only place in my life I've ever been able to get to without getting lost. We actually led another couple there who I guess noticed my enthusiasm and were like "Well I guess you guys know where you're going?"

IMG_2194 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

IMG_2195 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

IMG_2196 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

IMG_2199 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

IMG_2200 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

We saw this glorious sight! The people working these counters (are they CMs?) were awesome! They were full of life and excitement which is perfect when you just get to the airport and so excited about your trip! They saw us coming and when we were still far away they were like "Ah we see Magicbands!" I was just a little excited to scan my band for the first time!

IMG_2201 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

IMG_2202 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

We were the first in line for our bus and we waited a few minutes (maybe 10-15?) before it was time to load the ME bus. They combined our line with a few people waiting on the AKL line and then we loaded.

IMG_2206 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

IMG_2203 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

We got on our bus and I promptly sat us in the first seat on the left! There were 2 girls in line for the bus behind us who while we were waiting to board, got the email to book a FP+ for BOG so they were freaking out which I thought was adorable.

IMG_2208 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

IMG_2209 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Soon enough we were on our way and watching the ME video. I was still bouncing in my seat and the little girl sitting across from us turned around and was like "We're going to Disney World!" I was like "AH I know aren't you so excited?!" and then she got shy and hid her face. She was pretty precious.

IMG_2210 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

IMG_2211 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

We were ON OUR WAY!

IMG_2212 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Our bus driver told us something I never knew-- that the ME videos are GPS tracked so they automatically start when they reach a certain point on the trip and they aren't able to actually start it themselves.

Also, before we started moving, when the bus was still loading, a mother and her daughter went up to the driver with a video camera saying they were making a video asking all the CMs what they love about working at Disney which was pretty fun and the driver was awesome and he said he and his wife were DVC members and they kept coming here and going home so finally they moved here and he loves it!

Pretty soon, I spotted the magical sign in the distance!

IMG_2215 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

IMG_2216 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

IMG_2218 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

IMG_2219 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

IMG_2220 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

AHH we were here! I was kinda about to burst with excitement!

Lunch for breakfast sounds exactly like something I would do! haha :rotfl:

Wow I didn't know JetBlue boards from back to front. That actually makes me really happy because it's always a nightmare boarding front to back, it never made any sense to me! haha

I'm glad the airport CMs were excited and friendly!

That little girl sounds adorable!

Yay for the fun that lies ahead in this TR! :yay:

Ah I just got so excited reading those updates! It was like I was actually going to Disney again! EEEEK! So cool!!

Crappy that Chris left his charger at home!! Mine broke halfway through our Feb trip so we had to work with 1 charger for two phones, an i pod and an Ipad for a week, it was tough, lol!

Yay for getting the front seat and awesome pictures!! Yay! Yay for everything!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter