Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept '13 TR! updates x 4 10/13!

You're back! :yay:

Oh, tusker house.....we have only done breakfast there, but lunch sounds just as delicious!

Great safari pics!

You know, I have to give credit where it's due Courtney. The fact that you keep coming back is pretty impressive. :worship: I love the dedication.

I suppose after all that Tusker House food that dancing to the music was out of the question? ;) I do enjoy listening to the sounds of African jams.

I do like that lioness photo. It does look like it was taken out in the wild.

I think Rhinos look totally prehistoric. Pretty cool.

Haha, I love that WDW is so big, it could be pouring in one place, and perfectly lovely in another.

Glad to see you back!

Love your pics at Tusker House.

Great safari pictures, especially of the lion!

Can't wait to hear about MK :)

Thank you! I'm trying to make more Dis time to catch up on every one's reports! :goodvibes

You're back! :yay:

Oh, tusker house.....we have only done breakfast there, but lunch sounds just as delicious!

Great safari pics!

We've never done breakfast! I want to but we love lunch so much I'm not sure we'll get a chance :rotfl2:

You know, I have to give credit where it's due Courtney. The fact that you keep coming back is pretty impressive. :worship: I love the dedication.

I suppose after all that Tusker House food that dancing to the music was out of the question? ;) I do enjoy listening to the sounds of African jams.

I do like that lioness photo. It does look like it was taken out in the wild.

I think Rhinos look totally prehistoric. Pretty cool.

Haha, I love that WDW is so big, it could be pouring in one place, and perfectly lovely in another.

I'm trying really hard! :rotfl2: This work thing sure takes a lot of time out of the day!

Oh yes, dancing was NOT an option. Standing was barely an option. :lmao:

Rhinos kinda do look prehistoric. And kinda like they need some lotion too!

Isn't it crazy? When I texted Kat and she said it wasn't raining in the MK I was so confused!

Yay an update!

Yes! Thanks for sticking with me! :goodvibes

Yay!!!

Also YUM to Tusker! I believe I will be eating there a lot during my program, bahaha, so delicious!! Sad you didn't see your server, and that the characters were meh, but the food hopefully made up for that!

Awesome safari pics!

Can't wait to read about mk adventures!!

I'm still trying to figure out what day this was that I was at mk? the 11th or the 12th? :rotfl:

Yay!!!

Also YUM to Tusker! I believe I will be eating there a lot during my program, bahaha, so delicious!! Sad you didn't see your server, and that the characters were meh, but the food hopefully made up for that!

Awesome safari pics!

Can't wait to read about mk adventures!!

I'm still trying to figure out what day this was that I was at mk? the 11th or the 12th? :rotfl:

Ah Tusker is SO MUCH YUM. Yes please eat there A LOT!

:rotfl2::rotfl2: It was the 12th! We're crawling through this TR... :lmao:

Our first stop upon arriving at the Magic Kingdom had been to go to the Main Street emporium. You see, I failed to take my fancy new ears off during the torrential downpour at Animal Kingdom and the feathers were quite ruined. I went in and fully anticipated purchasing a new pair. However, while looking for the ears, we encountered a lovely CM and we were chatting about the ridiculous amount of rain and mentioned the ears had been a casualty of the storm. She asked to see the old ones and swapped them out for new ones and told us to try to stay dry for the rest of the trip!

Reason #78234527 why Disney CMs are so magical!

Our next destination brought us to Adventureland.

DSCN3376 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

I imagine I liked the Walt quote on the construction.

DSCN3377 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

However I didn't zoom in enough to see it. Womp.

The goal was to see the wait time for the fairies because the friend meeting with Tinkerbell was changing after today from summer fairy to fall fairy (I think?) and my goal had been to meet both. However, the wait time was way higher than we were willing to wait so we decided we'd come back later.

Spoiler alert: we didn't!

I had texted Kat when we were on our way to the MK and I texted her to let her know the fairy situation and our intention was to meet us with her for our FIRST ever viewing of Move It, Shake It!

DSCN3378 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

So back to Main Street we went, admiring the ducks on our way.

Of course going back to Main Street meant more Photopass pictures!

Photo0189FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

See how wonderfully beautiful the newly replaced ears are!

Photo0191FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

And we inherited new souvenirs!

Photo0193FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

We were much less concerned about them flying away than we should have been. :confused3

Photo0211FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

We failed to actually locate Kat in time for the parade and stopped where we were to watch it.

DSCN3382 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN3384 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN3386 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN3387 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

It was very cute but because (presumably) of the rain earlier, there was no dancing and everyone was on floats so it wasn't the regular version!

We had fastpass plus to meet the princesses and the line for Mickey was only 5 minutes so we decided to meet him first!

DSCN3391 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

An ad for the Mexico perhaps? :rotfl2:

Photo0213FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN3392 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Mickey and I are clearly in love, sorry Chris.

Next it was time for some royalty!

Photo0214FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Obviously I was very excited about it!

Photo0216FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

I have no idea what we were discussing but we were VERY into it!

Photo0220FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

We were pretty sure we'd met this friend of Cinderella's before.

Group photo time!

Photo0225FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Cinderella thought I should be in the middle because I was the princess. I was excited about this idea. :rotfl2:

Photo0226FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Chris was really excited about Aurora so he joined me for the conversation. :rotfl:

Photo0231FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0233FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

I know we had an excellent conversation, I just wish I could remember what it was about.

Photo0234FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Doesn't Chris look happy?

Photo0237FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr
DSCN3398 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Then, Chris requested a solo picture :rotfl2:

Photo0238FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Next up was Rapunzel!

Photo0244FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0247FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

She was lovely but Chris remarked that she wasn't as bubbly as Rapunzel should be.

We headed back out onto a particularly crowded Main Street!

DSCN3401 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

It'd been at least an hour, that meant it was time for more castle pictures!

Photo0249FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0251FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

This is our YAY Disney now we're gonna break out into dance pose.

Photo0252FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN3402 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0256FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0259FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photoshoot complete-- we continued on to New Fantasyland!

Mine train construction.

DSCN3406 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Spoiler alert: this TR is taking so long the Mine train is now done.

DSCN3408 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Princess Fairytale Hall was also not yet open.

DSCN3409 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

And that poor lovely CM had the job of standing guard and letting people know that all day.

DSCN3410 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Let's just call this the #throwbackthursday series of New Fantasyland photos.

DSCN3411 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN3412 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

A lot of people were hoping to dine at Be Our Guest it appears.

DSCN3413 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

We paid Gaston's fountain a visit.

DSCN3415 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

And since we still had some time before our FP+ window, we looked around Belle's village.

I discovered a piece of artwork I NEED to own.

DSCN3416 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

After exploring, we were EXHAUSTED and decided to sit at the tables and just relax when Chris spotted Kat and her mom and Anne! Still not sure how he recognized her before I did! Shame on me! But I was still very excited we finally got to meet and we chatted about our days and the rain and the shortened MiSiCi parade. They were headed to a Be Our Guest reservation (I believe?) and it was time to use our FP+ so on we went with plans to meet up later in the week!

One of the things I was most excited about when testing the FP+ was the availability for things that didn't have regular fastpass.
DSCN3417 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

So the opportunity to schedule one for ETWB was not something I could pass up! We had never gotten to do it in January because the line was always insane! Even now, 40 minutes wasn't terrible but we probably wouldn't have done it with the wait.

DSCN3418 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

I found it difficult to get good photos inside so mine don't nearly do it justice!

DSCN3419 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN3422 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN3423 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN3424 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

I tried to get Chris volunteered for a part but I didn't succeed!

DSCN3425 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN3430 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0262FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0278FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

It was absolutely adorable and the kids playing the parts were really cute!

I had read about the mixed experiences of whether or not people not playing a part in the show could take pictures with Belle and I really wanted one but was afraid to ask.

Chris was kind enough to break the ice by asking if he could take one and opening the door for the rest of us who were too shy!

Photo0340FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Belle remarked to her attendants that Chris' muscles made him a lot like Gaston and that they should let Gaston know! Chris was pretty pleased.

I'm happy to report that after he asked, 4-5 other adults got up and asked so clearly we weren't the only ones hoping for photos! :rotfl2:

Photo0351FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0353FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Since the theme of the night was princesses, it was only right to continue it!

DSCN3434 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

So to the Little Mermaid we went!

DSCN3435 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN3442 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN3444 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN3445 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN3446 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN3451 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

I chose to share this next photo because I don't know what I did to the camera but this is what I ended up with.

DSCN3452 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

This one is much better.

DSCN3454 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN3456 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

So much fun to have more than one castle to photograph!

Also for your viewing pleasure, a distance shot of Space Mountain.
DSCN3457 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

And it was time for another princess greeting!

DSCN3458 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

The 15 minute wait time was clearly a lie because we got in the queue at 7:46 and we were chatting at 7:48.

DSCN3459 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

She very animatedly had us come sit with her!

DSCN3460 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0360FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0362FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Ariel was really amazing and perfect. She asked if I grew my feathers myself and when I said yes, she started telling me about Scuttle and his dinglehoppers and how she maintains her fin!

Photo0368FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN3461 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0369FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Amazing character meeting complete, we headed out to see some bathrooms!

DSCN3462 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN3463 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN3465 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

As much as I LOVE the theming of this area, I'm still sad that they did all that and it's just for bathrooms.

Our whole reason for heading over to the MK this night particularly was to catch the MSEP. We watched it on our first trip and skipped it in January so I really wanted to see it again but I wasn't willing to change our whole plan around to make a whole MK day out of a MSEP day, especially since the crowd levels were so much higher those days so the park hopper really came in handy for this!

So we headed up to Main Street to find a spot to watch!

Awesome getting your ears replaced at no cost!!

Love all the PP pics. So funny that Chris was excited to meet Aurora, he sure does look happy!

Love your photo with Belle, good move on Chris' part asking about it!!

AHHHH I LOVE DISNEY CM'S!!!!!! OMG Courtney that was so sweet.

Hahahaha, yeah I think Chris has a pretty good handle on the balloons. Clearly you were not concerned.

MOVE IT SHAKE IT!! <3 But boo that you didn't get the full version.

It's so weird to see "regular" Mickey now.

Yeah, kinda like that Chris requested a solo pic with Aurora. That's kinda awesome.

Look at the Mine Train. I just went back in time.

See, sometimes you just have to ask. Good on Chris for breaking the ice for Belle because it sounds like he opened the door for many. Pixie Dust pass long.

how awesome that they replaced your Minnie ears! they are pretty cute!

I always love those balloon magic shots--they're so fun!

those Disney ducks--what a life!!

the picture that you fell in love with--I could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure I've seen it as a puzzle and possibly a counted cross-stitch pattern. just to give you more options for some art you love.

aww, that's pretty sweet that chris wanted a picture with sleeping beauty!

and, I won't get to it for awhile, but i'll have our ride video of 7 dwarfs on my new TR eventually. you've probably seen them, but ours is especially cute with the girls in it ;)

Hi Courtney! I followed the link in your signature from Shannon's and my PTR and read through your whole TR to date. What a fun trip!!! I can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter