Outdated

This thread is such a big help...Thanks for clarifying evrything :thumbsup2

I agree with everyone...this should def. be a sticky

so........if i booked through universal's website and not the net booker......it would not apply to LF? Just making sure. Prolly will apply anyway for future stays.

When you say "universal's website" do you mean the Universal Vacations website, as in here: http://www.univacations.com/index.asp?

That website would not count. Universal Vacations, believe it or not, is considered to be a 3rd party booking.

To count, your stay must be booked through the netbooker site I've listed in the OP or the Loews sites itself, which is here: http://www.loewshotels.com/en/default.aspx

that's what i figured. oh well. will still apply so i can at least get the nights counted towards my status. if i read the first page correctly? :rolleyes1

That is a crap shoot.

Sometimes the front desk will take your number and put it into the system. Sometimes they'll look at your rate/where you booked and they'll flat out tell you it doesn't count and won't enter it.

Now, when I used to book with the AP rate, I'd do it online and then just add my LF number right on the reservation page. I got some of those to count.

One time I had a friend who booked through hotelkingdom.com, and they gave her 'tude and wouldn't enter it with her stay.

Good luck!

okie dokie. no biggie. i'll just make sure i do it next trip. thanks for the advice, jodie!!!

Oh, no, by all means, call them to have your LF # added to the reservation. They may give you some pushback. They may not. If they don't give you grief, it should show up in your reseservation when you check in. You may not get the perks, but there is a chance that your stay will count towards status.

If Uni Vacations won't put your LF # into your reservation, try it at check in. Just smile and hand your LF card to the front desk along with your driver's license and credit card.

The most they can say is No.

Technically, your stay shouldn't count.

I always worry about these boards, however. One or two reports of someone who got their stays to count with an unqualifying rate or a 3rd party rate, and some guest goes ballistic when their unqualifying, 3rd party rate DOESN'T count. They get all firm or frustrated with the hotel, and pretty soon Loews scrutinizes every rate to see if it counts, and then no one gets any mummy dust.

They really tightened up on the welcome gift due to what I can't help but think was aggravated by message boards (no doubt this one included). You know the old "I read on the DIS that Jodie got a welcome gift and SHE booked an AP rate." A few years ago, kids would get a gift if their parents would show their report card at check in, and it had an "A" on it. The gifts were inconsistent, sometimes the hotel ran out and gave a replacement gift. Some of the reports on that program and the complaints left me shaking my head. Now, needless to say, I don't remember the last time I heard a report on that ....

How do the people that don't check these boards ever have a satisfying vacation? With all this sage advice, they can plan it down to the last minute detail and then just hope the weather stays good. Luckily I'm not the type that expects anything unless I pay for it (I think you also said similar on another post). I think I'll try at check in, cause I'm weird like that.....but I'll do my room request whenever I know if my friend here will be going so I can kill 2 birds with one stone.

On a whim today i priced out Loews Las Vegas (Henderson - where Celine Dion lives - la, de, dah);)

called the Loews First #, gave them my info, reminded them I was Gold.

interestingly, rep quoted the following:

*Deluxe room was $175+ a night

*i asked re other type of rooms & was offered Luxury @ $175+ also

*told they don't participate in the Gold upgrade program:confused3 and my night wouldn't count towards status:headache: thought all they all participated with a qualifying rate?

Before I hung up, asked for any specials, AAA rates, etc.; was told:

*AAA Deluxe room was $279+ a night:rolleyes1 ; yes for the same room as i was quoted "rack rate"

FYI, went to their corporate web site and rack rate was $159+ night

:confused:

i get the announcements and coupon deals from hard rock hotel las vegas all the time.

btw, celine flew the coop and bette midler took over.......

let me know if you want the 411 on hrh out there keisha.

On a whim today i priced out Loews Las Vegas (Henderson - where Celine Dion lives - la, de, dah);)

called the Loews First #, gave them my info, reminded them I was Gold.

interestingly, rep quoted the following:

*Deluxe room was $175+ a night

*i asked re other type of rooms & was offered Luxury @ $175+ also

*told they don't participate in the Gold upgrade program:confused3 and my night wouldn't count towards status:headache: thought all they all participated with a qualifying rate?

Before I hung up, asked for any specials, AAA rates, etc.; was told:

*AAA Deluxe room was $279+ a night:rolleyes1 ; yes for the same room as i was quoted "rack rate"

FYI, went to their corporate web site and rack rate was $159+ night

:confused:

I gave up calling Loew's first and call the resorts directly now. I had two bad experiences lately. Called Loew's about the Philly and the Wash. D.C Loew's. I was told they do not do suite upgrades at both resorts (I am loews plat.) I called the resorts directly and they were wonderful- they both offered me very nice suite upgrades with club level included free.

Hmmmm, Janet, that's interesting. And odd.

Here's another interesting tidbit: Dale McDaniel used to be the GM of the RPR. Then he moved out to Loews Lake Las Vegas.

Anyway, I would call back and speak to someone else. Doesn't make sense.

P.S. I have no idea what your dates are, but I selected something for Loews Lake Las Vegas, and when I looked at the rate, it specifically said "Loews First Benefits Apply"

yep, that's what i told the rep, he double checked & stood firm:confused3

i've seen AAA rates higher than the ones you can find on hotel sites if you dig, just never so much over the mark?

still pricer than i want to pay for just 1 night arriving near midnight & checkout next day

mac - i looked into the HRH, just too far off strip for me to want to walk in the summer heat...that pool party is supposed to be "something wild" on Sundays

I stayed at Hard Rock Hotel last summer and at the time I had never heard of Loews first is there anyway I can apply the nights of my stay last summer to my Lowes Card Membership?

Thanks

I stayed at Hard Rock Hotel last summer and at the time I had never heard of Loews first is there anyway I can apply the nights of my stay last summer to my Lowes Card Membership?

Thanks

I don't think so.....you have to have your LF number first....but, you can call and ask....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter