Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you elaborate? You mean a glitch is happening or an intentional update?

I was kind of expecting maybe some news to follow the big 3 ban that just got announced. Maybe they’ll let that smoke settle and then announce paid FP+ in May or June for a July start.
What big three ban???

Can you elaborate? You mean a glitch is happening or an intentional update?

I was kind of expecting maybe some news to follow the big 3 ban that just got announced. Maybe they’ll let that smoke settle and then announce paid FP+ in May or June for a July start.
Check out the MDE update thread on TPAS forum. Lots of discussion about Disney basically killing a reliable refresh method.

Anyone else hoping today’s new update making it almost impossible to snag refresh FPs from the app is somehow not related to this?? Pretty coincidental...

The whole website has been glitchy today. No matter what page I went to, I got an error message. Maybe they are just doing maintenance, since they just did that big update for the app.

The amount of FPs available for capacity can't change.

Call me a cynic, but I don't believe for a second that Disney has been offering FP+ at full capacity for all the attractions. They very well could have kept a portion of the FP+ capacity in their back pocket for a rainy day. And that rainy day is going to require a very expensive umbrella for us guests.

Call me a cynic, but I don't believe for a second that Disney has been offering FP+ at full capacity for all the attractions. They very well could have kept a portion of the FP+ capacity in their back pocket for a rainy day. And that rainy day is going to require a very expensive umbrella for us guests.

Any additional FPs they give out for any ride simply takes capacity from the standby line. More FP riders per hour means fewer standby riders in that hour. A ride's capacity is what it is.

So, yes, they could increase FPs until the FP line looks like standby or reduce them to make standby quicker.

Any additional FPs they give out for any ride simply takes capacity from the standby line. More FP riders per hour means fewer standby riders in that hour. A ride's capacity is what it is.

So, yes, they could increase FPs until the FP line looks like standby or reduce them to make standby quicker.

They have to watch that though. Especially if they ask people to pay for FPs. The more people they put in the FP line, the more like stby it will become. People get upset about Universal Express Pass when they have to wait longer then their expectations. People are more forgiving when something that's included doesn't go as planned then something they know the exact cost of.

They have to watch that though. Especially if they ask people to pay for FPs. The more people they put in the FP line, the more like stby it will become. People get upset about Universal Express Pass when they have to wait longer then their expectations. People are more forgiving when something that's included doesn't go as planned then something they know the exact cost of.

I agree. I was just responding to the notion that Disney has more FPs they could give out.

I agree. I was just responding to the notion that Disney has more FPs they could give out.
I agree. We stayed Club Level in 2017 and were spoiled so much we did it again twice in 2018 and have 2 CL trips booked this year. On all 3 past trips I simply asked the consierge “can we get a few extra Fastpasses?” All 3 times they did without hesitation. 3 each for each day, good anytime just not good for a few headliners. They do have extra put aside.

Obviously we already know that PNC CC funding is dead - but I can confirm it via a friend now too and can share an insider tidbit...

PNC has known they had a CC funding issue for over a year. Believe it or not, it took them 11+ months to shut it down. I have a real life churner friend who works in operations at PNC (their headquarters are here in Pittsburgh) and told me they were looking at it a year ago. So for those that enjoyed the ride - just know that it could've been shut down far sooner.

Also for those wondering, I do not work at PNC, haha! They are terrible in my segment so I wouldn't even consider working there in the business banking revenue space. :)
I’m lost. What does this have to do with paid FP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter