Park Arrival Time

tndisneyfan

DIS Veteran
We are heading down next week We are WDW vets. in the past we generally arrive at the park early. We are usually thru bag check and in line 45 minutes before park opening. Can we do that now? Should we do that?

We are heading down next week We are WDW vets. in the past we generally arrive at the park early. We are usually thru bag check and in line 45 minutes before park opening. Can we do that now? Should we do that?
Are you staying onsite or offsite?

If staying onsite, it's recommended you arrive at your transportation 90 mins before park opening. Transportation will normally start running 60-75 mins before park opening.

If you're staying offsite, they seem to be letting cars enter 45-60 mins before park opening. If you arrive at the parking entrance too early you will be asked to circle around and come back.

We were let into the park between 45 minutes and an hour early this week - it was a busy week, so not sure if it's like that during slower weeks, but definitely get there early. You can get a lot done in that time before the park officially opened (we were averaging about 3 rides before official opening).

crowds have been managable, but ride lines.

We were let into MK today at 8:10am. However had to wait until 8:30 before they started BTMRR. Took away any advantage and Splash was down for maintenance with a line growing. By the time we got to Fantasy Land, Mine Train line was wrapped around to the exit of the ride.

Bus transportation is picking up until the park opens. Wednesday we went to AK, and the first bus arrived at the Contemporary 7:15. By the time we got there, the line for Pandora was already at 45 mins.

I asked a manager how we can get to HS before they open the gates and he told me transportation will start when the gates become open. Skyline is best way to get to HS, if you are staying at a participating resort. they start operating at 8am and takes minutes to get to HS. I was told I couldn’t drive over and park there to catch the skyline as resort parking is only for guests stay in these. We got to HS at 8:30 by bus.

Does anyone know what rides tend to open early at MK? I don't want to rush to get to a ride only to stand in line until park opening time. We went to HS in July and got there early and were close to the front of the line when they started letting people in, which was about an hour before scheduled opening. We went straight to Mickey and Minnie's Railroad and finished riding before park opening, but we heard from some others that they were kept standing in line for Smuggler's Run until opening.

Are there certain rides that tend to open as soon as they let people into the parks or is it just arbitrary?

Does anyone know what rides tend to open early at MK? I don't want to rush to get to a ride only to stand in line until park opening time. We went to HS in July and got there early and were close to the front of the line when they started letting people in, which was about an hour before scheduled opening. We went straight to Mickey and Minnie's Railroad and finished riding before park opening, but we heard from some others that they were kept standing in line for Smuggler's Run until opening.

Are there certain rides that tend to open as soon as they let people into the parks or is it just arbitrary?

In my experience SDMT is pretty much always run as soon as people are let in the park. This past week it was down both mornings we attempted it. Peter Pan was running at that time, and Big Thunder and Splash were running by the time we made it over to them (around 8:30). We went to Space Mountain one morning when SDMT was down and it did not start running until about 25 min before opening. By the time we were done with that (maybe 15 min. before park opening) Buzz Lightyear was also running. Pirates also seemed to start about 15 minutes early. As far as I could tell (and from past experiences) most other rides didn't start until official park opening - this was definitely true for at least Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise.

In my experience SDMT is pretty much always run as soon as people are let in the park. This past week it was down both mornings we attempted it. Peter Pan was running at that time, and Big Thunder and Splash were running by the time we made it over to them (around 8:30). We went to Space Mountain one morning when SDMT was down and it did not start running until about 25 min before opening. By the time we were done with that (maybe 15 min. before park opening) Buzz Lightyear was also running. Pirates also seemed to start about 15 minutes early. As far as I could tell (and from past experiences) most other rides didn't start until official park opening - this was definitely true for at least Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise.
Thank you! This is exactly what I wanted to know!

We have a short visit planned for late March and are planning only 2-3 days in parks. I am reading a lot of frustration over Disney buses getting guests to the parks before opening time. Can't we just Uber to MK? We'll be staying at BCV so we can walk to Epcot and HS.

We have a short visit planned for late March and are planning only 2-3 days in parks. I am reading a lot of frustration over Disney buses getting guests to the parks before opening time. Can't we just Uber to MK? We'll be staying at BCV so we can walk to Epcot and HS.
You can Uber to MK but your drop off point will be the TTC. So generally it’s easier / faster to take the bus.

You can Uber to MK but your drop off point will be the TTC. So generally it’s easier / faster to take the bus.

Good point. I didn't even think of that. I guess we'll look at when buses start running and be ready at the bus stop by then.

Are monorail and ferries still running from TTC?

we were at MK on Saturday, Feb 13th. Park opened officially at 9am and we were on and off space mountain and buzz by 830am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter