• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pennsylvania DVC Owners Group

Want to ask the PA people a question....

We moved here from NC. Got PA license. Went this past Sat to transfer tags and title to PA. We got tag without a sticker (notice neighbors cars all have sticker on corner of tag). She, muffled through her mask and behind a glass wall, said something about getting something in the mail. I think I noticed the registration she handed me was temporary. So I assume a permanent one is what she said is coming in mail. Can I assume the sticker will be with that? And do we need to get safety inspection or emissions test before we get that in mail? Do we need to do either of those? She did not tell us about that. I have no paper to take to the car place to get inspection. Not sure what to do. Thanks for any info.

Stickers are no longer used. You will get an OWNER CARD. Don't know when you need to get the inspections, safety and emissions. Typically they are once a year on the month that your tags expire.

Want to ask the PA people a question....

We moved here from NC. Got PA license. Went this past Sat to transfer tags and title to PA. We got tag without a sticker (notice neighbors cars all have sticker on corner of tag). She, muffled through her mask and behind a glass wall, said something about getting something in the mail. I think I noticed the registration she handed me was temporary. So I assume a permanent one is what she said is coming in mail. Can I assume the sticker will be with that? And do we need to get safety inspection or emissions test before we get that in mail? Do we need to do either of those? She did not tell us about that. I have no paper to take to the car place to get inspection. Not sure what to do. Thanks for any info.

Stickers were discontinued last year. You'll get an owner's card in the mail.

You need to have your car safety inspected within 14 days. If your car was built after 1976, you'll need to have an emissions inspection as well. These both assume you got a standard license plate. There are differences for antique, classic, and horseless carriage plates.

Lancaster County PA checking in. We have been owners since 2007 (BCV and AKV). Heading back home in Sept. for F&W!!

Lancaster County, PA here. Own BWV, PVB and GF. Not going again until next summer, but we did go in June for a resort stay before the parks opened back up this year.
Hey Neighbor.....We are from Kirkwood PA, what area of Lancaster County are you from?

Hey Neighbor.....We are from Kirkwood PA, what area of Lancaster County are you from?
We are just over in Drumore. Good old Solanco.... LOL! I was surprised one time when I saw a woman with a Dooney DVC purse in Musser’s a couple years back. Have two other families we travel with in the area that are DVC as well. We are infiltrating the area!

Stickers are fixed to the windshield when you get your inspection and emissions stickers. I live in York county and have to pay for these every year :(

We’re just outside Allentown! Anyone have thoughts on the recommended quarantine when returning from FL? We have a Thanksgiving trip booked and won’t take the kids out of school an extra 2 weeks when we return. Our banking deadline is the end of this month so we have to decide soon. The plan now is to wait as long as possible to see if the quarantine recommendation is lifted before the banking deadline.

We’re just outside Allentown! Anyone have thoughts on the recommended quarantine when returning from FL? We have a Thanksgiving trip booked and won’t take the kids out of school an extra 2 weeks when we return. Our banking deadline is the end of this month so we have to decide soon. The plan now is to wait as long as possible to see if the quarantine recommendation is lifted before the banking deadline.

The quarantine is just a recommendation, it is not mandatory. Unless your place of employment or your kids school say otherwise. I work at a large Health System & we are not even required to quarantine after traveling. They just ask that we stay home if we have any symptoms upon returning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter