Pfizer vaccine approved for kids 5-11

Hopefully doses will start arriving soon.
In Quebec, Legault said before it was approved that "they are ready" but I'm not sure what that means. I am hoping they will have their first dose before Christmas, but I guess we will see.

In Quebec, Legault said before it was approved that "they are ready" but I'm not sure what that means. I am hoping they will have their first dose before Christmas, but I guess we will see.
The articles are saying doses haven't been shipped yet so I think they havexthe infrastructure but not the product

I just heard there is supposed to be a news briefing at 1 with some more information on when doses should arrive.

My impression is the roll out is going to be very fast. My health unit says they have held back appointments in anticipation of 5-11 vaccines. Yay!

The latest news conference said they expect to receive some doses on Sunday with the something like 2 million (I didn’t hear it very well) received by the end of next week.

I called my pharmacy this afternoon and they said they aren't taking appointments until they have a better timeline of when they will have doses. They said to call back Monday. I am REALLY hoping by end of next week they have their first dose. 8 weeks later for the second dose takes us into January and they will be all ready for our March 2022 trip. I am feeling more hopeful than ever that this trip will actually happen!!!

The latest news conference said they expect to receive some doses on Sunday with the something like 2 million (I didn’t hear it very well) received by the end of next week.
You almost heard correctly. 😀 doses begin to arrive on Sunday with ALL 2.9 million arriving by the end of next week. Enough for each child in this age group to have a first dose. Yay!!

Last edited:
You almost heard correctly. 😀 doses begin to arrive on Sunday with ALL 2.9million arriving by the end of next week. Enough for each child in this age group to have a first dose. Yay!!

Last edited:
I know here you can either take the kids in for an appointment or they will do them through the schools. I will be watching closely to hopefully get them done as soon as possible as we also have a trip booked for end of Feb/beginning of March.

We are booked for a 14 day (plus overnight return) trip to Aulani right after Xmas. I’ve booked my 10 and 8 year old in for dose 2 on Dec 27 at CVS Pharmacy (the day we arrive). The US is adhering to the 21 days between doses schedule, so as long as I can get dose 1 in their arms by Dec 6th here in Canada, they’ll get dose 2 on the 27th and will be “fully vaxxed” by the time we return from holidays on Jan 11th (so no missed school or sports). 🤞 Cutting it a bit tight, I know, but we are so ready to get out of here!!!

Very happy about this. Hoping we can get 1st dose in daughter before Christmas, and then 8 weeks out from that will put her mid-Feb, so should still have lots of "oomph" for our June trip.

So it sounds like they are hoping to start immunizing kids next week. If I get my little guys 1st shot in the next 2 weeks then his 2nd right at 8 weeks (or within a few days) we would be good to go for our feb trip. Crossing my fingers

They will announce the dates today. :) The fact that they decided to make vaccines for 70+ available yesterday instead of today makes me believe that vaccines for kids 5+ will be available VERY soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter