Please give me your opinion on my plan

mom2febgirls

Castle Decorator
This is what I've planned, please tell me if you think it's unrealistic...

Day 1-Feb 5 (EMH at Epcot)
Spaceship Earth
Test Track
SBP Breakfast
The Living Seas
The Land
Canada
UK
Beaches & Cream (lunch around 1pm)
Hotel for afternoon break then Magic Kingdom
Adventureland (Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Aladdin)
Frontierland (Splash Mountain, BTMRR)

Day 2-Feb 6 (EMH at MK)
Fantasyland
Toontown
Tomorrowland
Hotel for afternoon break(2ish) then the rest of WS in Epcot

Day 3 - Feb 7 (EMH at Animal Kingdom)
Africa (Kilimanjaro Safaris, Pangani Trail)
Asia (Kali Rapids, Jungle Trek)
Dinoland
RFC for lunch
Festival of the Lion King
Hotel for afternoon break (2ish) then MGM
Playhouse Disney
Backlot Tour
Great Movie Ride
Beauty and the Beast
TOT
RnRC

Opinions, advice? Thanks,

Wow - three busy days.

Obviously, the final decision is yours, but there a few things I would do differently.

If you really want to ride Test Track I would get a FASTPASS for it first thing upon entering the park, then go do the other things you have planned.

Just FYI, there is no more ride at The Living Seas, it is a walk through aquarium now.

I don't know how late the parks will be open while you're there, but you may want to switch your morning MK with your MGM afternoon. My only reasoning is that Beauty & the Beast & also Playhouse Disney only have shows until certain times of the day. I want to say that the last show may be around 4:00 or 5:00. I would hate to see you miss them if they are something you really want to see. I think Voyage of the Little Mermaid closes early evening also.

Considering that pretty much all attractions are always open at MK you wouldn't have to worry about missing a show later in the afternoon/early evening.

On your morning in AK I would get a FASTPASS first thing for Kilimangaro Safari's & then head over to Festival of The Lion King for their first show. If you get the first show for Lion King you may be able to fit in Pocahontas & Her Friends before doing the Safari.

Also, I don't know if you've ever done them, but the walking tours tend to take a lot of time & you are not always guaranteed seeing animals. This is JMO, but we usually skip those if we are on limited time.

Oh - one more thing FYI - you will get SOAKED on Kali River Rapids, so either bring your rain ponchos or think about doing it as the last thing before you leave the park - unless the weather is hot & you don't mind getting wet. :)

Have a great time when you're there. :)

Honestly -- it's probably pretty unrealistic. You're trying to do most of the attractions in all four parks, which takes roughly twice as much time as you have. I'm not sure how crowds will be -- if they are low, it's possible you would get all this done. Also, how old are your children? They are going to need a lot of stamina for some of this. A couple suggestions:

Day 1
Do NOT do Spaceship Earth first. It's very easy to get on and the line is fast moving. Do Test Track first. I highly recommend that you NOT omit Journey into Imagination -- it's better than The Land and The Living Seas. In MK, Adventureland does not produce a lot of long lines, but Frontierland does. I would save it for your MK early entry day, and go there at rope drop. I would do Toon Town instead of Frontierland and, if time permits, some of Tomorrowland.

Day 2
You should be able to complete Fantasyland between 7:30 a.m. (real opening, not 8 a.m.) and 9 a.m. That way you can be at the rope between Fantasyland and Frontierland for rope drop. Then after Frontierland, go to Tomorrowland.

Day 3
That is a KILLER a.m. schedule if you have small kids. My youngest is 8 and I would not do both walking trails the same day. Do Lion King early -- it's a popular show. I also would skip Kali in February since it's likely you'll emerge looking as if you just got out of the shower. As the previous poster mentioned, MGM is a problem b/c those shows close early.

If I were you, I would really study the attractions and decide which ones are a priority and focus on them. I'm afraid if you try to do this, you'll see all of some things and none of others, omitting some of your top priorities. You will need to make really good use of Fast Pass -- you will pretty much need to be holding one at ALL times. In our family, often one of us takes all the passes and gets the fast passes while the rest of us get a snack, go to the bathroom, etc.

I don't have as much experience as the other good replies that you have gotten.

But .... two things I can comment on are AK and EPCOT WS. We have been to EPCOT WS two years in a row for 3 afternoons total and we still have not seen all the countries. We enjoy stopping to see the shows along the way. We are determined this year to get to all the countries in WS.

Also on both our trips we spent most of a day at AK and have not seen it all. The second trip we saw all different stuff than we saw the first trip. This year at least I know what we liked and what we didn't like so it will be easier.

I would consider skipping the hotel break. The park hours will probably be shorter and you will be surprised how fast the day goes.

Disnee Dad Says................................Oh, you do need help.
EPCOT means dash for Test TRack, hit Universe early.
Then hit Body Wars, Cranium Command, and the makeing of me.
Then living with the land, food rocks, and the circle of life. No break today, maybe a slow down at WS, enjoy the movies and food. So day one is much to jumpimg around..
Super tip that that you can use. When the 3:00 parade starts, make sure you are in adventureland, the parade cuts off 75% of the park, and the wait fo Alladin, Jungle Boat and Pirates are zero!!!!!!
Day Two. MK Get there very early. You will be able to do it all in less than an hour, Fantsayland"t hat is. Show up at noon and it will take the whole day.
Good luck on your trip!!

Besides all of the the things that have been addressed, I think you will be wiped out before 2ish. Plan for a break right after lunch. It will give you more time in the evening.I don't know about getting up early every day (and I'm up every day at around 5am at WDW).

I completely agree with the numerous people who suggest you do Test Track first. If you don't, the rest of that day will be thrown completely off. Test Track has become enormously popular. What we did last year was grab a Fast Pass, then got on the stand-by line. Ended up riding three times because the CM let us ride through instead of getting off due to some minor ride problems.
It was great.....but you MUST do it first thing!!
As a whole, your schedule is pretty hectic. Seriously doubt you can do all you plan. Suggest you continue using these boards for ideas. These people know what they are talking about! Good Luck and have a great time!

I looked up showtimes and we should be in MGM for the Playhouse Disney and Beauty and the Beast show. Unfortunately, the Little Mermaid is down for rehab, so we won’t be seeing it.

We aren’t really interested in Universe of Energy or Wonders of Life. Our children love aquariums so I was planning an hour at the Living Seas, is that enough? Also, do you think it will take an hour to get to test track and ride it? I ask because our PS for the SBP breakfast is at 9 and we only planned to ride Spaceship Earth and Test Track in the hour before breakfast.

I am considering cutting out the afternoon break. My Dd has pretty much given up her nap and if she does get tired we will have a stroller she can nap in, since the parks close at 7 we will probably be in bed early every night.

We’ll probably skip Asia altogether in AK since it’ll be cold and that will elimate the jungle trek too and save us some walking :)

I guess I was under the impression that there would be practically no lines in early Feb, is that not true? I thought I wouldn’t be needing to worry about Fastpasses and such.

Oh, my children will be 2 and 7 next month.

Thanks

Good Idea with the stroller!!! I highly recommend it.

We took my DD (4) & DNephew(6) this past August and they definitely needed the stroller on Epcot Days. After a tough morning of walking through Epcot the stoller was a lifesaver for them and us! They got a break and we could move a little quicker to the next area.

As far as the nap - you know your own DD's. My DD hadn't napped for over a year & my DNephew hadn't napped for 4 years, but they both took 1-2 hour naps on our trip during the mid afternoon. Granted, we were in the parks later, but not too much.

I also agree with all the other posters about picking the rides/attractions that are your 'must do/see' and make sure you get to those. (Any other rides/attractions you don't get to are just an excuse for another visit, right? :rolleyes: )

Just my $.02 :D

Enjoy your trip (I'll be there as you're leaving!)

I think you'll have plenty of time to Test Track and Spaceship Earth before your breakfast. From a geography standpoint, it would make more since to do SE first since TT is sort of on your way to breakast, but if you see a large group of people all walking past SE in the same direction, join them and do TT first.

Even with low crowds, the WDW parks are so big that you have a lot of ground to cover. I may be wrong, but I think you'll still need to use Fast Pass some, especially in MK.

Keep in mind that it is going to take you longer to do Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Test Track, Rock 'n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror b/c you'll be babyswapping. It works like a charm, though, and your older child will be thrilled that she gets to ride twice!

Originally posted by tar heel
Keep in mind that it is going to take you longer to do Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Test Track, Rock 'n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror b/c you'll be babyswapping. It works like a charm, though, and your older child will be thrilled that she gets to ride twice!

My Dh is not a thrill ride fan :rolleyes: so we won't be babyswapping on most of the rides. He is mostly looking forward to Epcot. Maybe we'll just stay in Epcot all day the 5th and stay in MK all day the 6th, changing parks will probably waste alot of time.

Thanks,

Looks like a lot of needless walking and backtracking to me.

For instance take EPCOT:

You will be in Norway for the Princess Breakfast after which you plan to return to FW to do The Living Seas and The Land and back into the WS to visit Canada and the UK. Why not continue in a clockwise fashion from Norway around the WS and visit each country there until you reach the World Gateway Entrance?

From there, take the boat to the YC&BC for your lunch at Beaches and Cream. After your meal, if everyone has been rejuvinated, return to EPCOT and complete your tour of "the world".

Then visit the Imagination Pavillion, The Land and The Living Seas as you work your way towards the front of the park. Now you're closer to the entrance and the buses/your car/monrail at a time when everyone in your group is at their most tired.

If you plan your touring for all the parks in this manner, you'll save the wear and tear on your feet. Since it shouldn't be too crowded at the time of year that you're visiting, there should be no problem doing all the attractions that are on your "must see list" and still have time to visit some of the lesser attractions as well.

Originally posted by mad4themouse
Looks like a lot of needless walking and backtracking to me.

You will be in Norway for the Princess Breakfast after which you plan to return to FW to do The Living Seas and The Land and back into the WS to visit Canada and the UK. Why not continue in a clockwise fashion from Norway around the WS and visit each country there until you reach the World Gateway Entrance?

I would, but World Showcase doesn't open until 12 and I'm pretty sure we'll be done with breakfast by 10.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter