• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poll: Are you going to buy at Riviera

As a DVC Owner - are you planning on adding on points at Riviera

• Yes - I definitely will. I love everything I've seen about the resort

Votes: 50 10.0%
  • Maybe - I am still waiting on more information (Points Charts, room selection, etc..)

Votes: 49 9.8%
  • No - I was but not now - I don't like the resale and/or likely points required.

Votes: 78 15.6%
  • No - If I add on, I'll add at one of the older resorts or buy resale

Votes: 154 30.9%
  • NO WAY - I was never even considering it.

Votes: 168 33.7%

• Total voters
Riviera resale isn’t going to be less than $100pp. I just bought some VGC points. I can use them at the other L14 resorts, but I won’t. Most ppl don’t buy the primo resorts at those high prices to use at other properties. I paid a premium for VGC, and I only plan to use them at VGC. If I wanted to buy resale points to use them at other resorts, I would’ve bought SSR or OKW for a lot less money. I would LOVE for resale Riviera points to be cheap via resale and pick some up, but I don’t think it’s going to happen.
For you and me, yes.

We’d be buying to book there. We have other points that can be used elsewhere.

But for a new member, Riviera won’t be a resale option if you’re looking into the traditional concept of DVC.

It will remove a class of buyers, likely a large class. When you tinker with supply and demand, in this case demand, it will have an impact on price.

For you and me, yes.

We’d be buying to book there. We have other points that can be used elsewhere.

But for a new member, Riviera won’t be a resale option if you’re looking into the traditional concept of DVC.

It will remove a class of buyers, likely a large class. When you tinker with supply and demand, in this case demand, it will have an impact on price.

I’ve used my points to try out a couple of new resorts. It was a lot of work to switch at 7 months. I have no plans to use my VGF, BLT, VGC, or BWV to book anywhere except those resorts going forward. Those are my favorites which is why I purchased there.

I don’t disagree that taking away the ability to book at other resorts at 7 months is a big deal. It is a HUGE deal. However, I don’t think resales are going to tank for Riviera. I’m still waiting on CCV resales to tank like many said they would. I don’t remember why people thought that, but it was discussed a lot.

I also strongly believe they will sell an add-on for being able to “qualify” the points. We’ll see whether this is the case soon enough.

Last edited:

A solid no here - but that is because of my personal situation not because of the rules.

I am now in my 70s with some major health issues. Not life threatening - but more fatigue inducing with mobility challenges. I just sold an OKW contract and will be listing a BLT contract soon. I will keep my SSR as that is our favorite place to stay.

Vacations to WDW which I have been making (often multiple times a year) for decades have changed. I remember splitting up to do things with a friend decades ago because she wanted to go to shows while I preferred rides. FYI - she is still a good friend and we recently went to wdw together.

Now some rides are no longer an option for me and I’ve learned to appreciate other attractions. And “park time” is no longer something to maximize. I can appreciate a shorter park day while enjoying the resort amenities.

I’m still waiting on CCV resales to tank like many said they would. I don’t remember why people thought that, but it was discussed a lot.

With all the Poly contracts on the market right now, I think we are going to see those prices start to lower, possible a lot if the economy slows. I think a lot of first time buyers are realizing the limitations at the Poly, and the true cost to the owners of those bungalows. Probably take a few more years for the same to happen with CCV.

With all the Poly contracts on the market right now, I think we are going to see those prices start to lower, possible a lot if the economy slows. I think a lot of first time buyers are realizing the limitations at the Poly, and the true cost to the owners of those bungalows. Probably take a few more years for the same to happen with CCV.

Do you mean the CCV resale cost will lower because true cost to the owners of the cabins?

Haha mine did too and I thought it was weird considering no other emails from DVC go to my spam folder.

Do you mean the CCV resale cost will lower because true cost to the owners of the cabins?

Yes because of all the small point contracts sold against the cabins, and owners not being able to book studios like they were told they would be able to.

If you check out the resale brokers websites, there are a ton of Poly contracts, some fully loaded.

I got it. Figured it was the Chinese trying to steal my points but I went to the DVC website and there is a link to it there as well. I filled it out. I’ll probably win so no sense anyone else entering!

Sorry, I just cut your odds in half. You have a 50/50 chance now!

Sorry, I just cut your odds in half. You have a 50/50 chance now!

LOL. Maybe there will be multiple winners and we can both go. Unless I win both!

I'm resale only and they didn't kick me out so it looks like resale can enter.

196 votes and zero votes for - "Yes, I will" Either we are a jaded bunch, or there is now peer pressure not to vote "Yes, I will"

196 votes and zero votes for - "Yes, I will" Either we are a jaded bunch, or there is now peer pressure not to vote "Yes, I will"
Or option 3. People are being smart about it and are in a holding pattern.

No one has seen either a point chart or cost per point. Those two factors are kind of a big deal when deciding to commit tens of thousands of dollars into a timeshare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter