POLL: July Folks... Going, Cancelled/Cancelling, or Undetermined?

If You Have A Trip Planed for July, Are You Going, Cancelled, or Undetermined?

• Yes, We Are Still Planning to Go - Resort Guest

Votes: 154 26.9%
  • Yes, We Are Still Planning to Go - DVC Member

Votes: 121 21.2%
  • No, We Have Cancelled Already or Will Definitely Cancel - Resort Guest

Votes: 132 23.1%
  • No, We Have Cancelled Already or Will Definitely Cancel - DVC Member

Votes: 53 9.3%
  • Undetermined, But Leaning Towards Going

Votes: 58 10.1%
  • Undetermined, But Leaning Towards Cancelling

Votes: 54 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GADisneyDad14

Disney Resorts Board
This is a poll/thread for those with WDW trips planed to start in JULY including/after the park reopening dates. By "trips" - for purposes of this poll I mean you have/had a WDW trip booked/planned including accommodations (Disney resort or Disney area resort), tickets purchased, plans made, etc that includes 7/11. If your trip is 8/1+, please don't vote (there is another August thread here on the DIS).

I realize this doesn't include all guest types (eg, local APs on day trips, Uni trips with a WDW day trip, etc), but for these purposes mainly trying to focus on those with a mostly WDW-oriented planned trip.

As a reminder, MK and DAK open 7/11, EP & DHS open 7/15.

If you had a July trip booked that ends before 7/11, please don't vote.

I realize there are some with hybrid DVC/Resort trips, so just pick whichever one fits best in your circumstances.

Thanks all!

I was booked July 27-Aug 1 at BC and decided to cancel based on many factors, primarily the mask requirements and presumed lack of park hopping. Not to mention with a lot still unknown about which resorts would be open, pools, table service dining, and how the park reservation system will work....the stress it was causing didn't feel much like vacation to me and we aren't willing to pay thousands of dollars for a reduced (and stressful) experience. We will instead do a beach vacation this year and will return to Disney as soon as things feel somewhat "normal" again.

We are going July 18th-25th and while we aren’t thrilled about being guinea pigs or masks we really nee some Disney magic. And a part of me thinks it could be a great trip with significantly lower crowds and waits. Fingers crossed that’s true.

Our main reason for going is because we are staying in our dream resorts that we likely will never be able to stay in again. Assuming they open but I’m hopeful Disney will give us something comparable or better if they don’t. Although I don’t really know how you can get much better than what we have.

My biggest concern at the moment is keeping a mask on my 2.5 year old.

We were originally scheduled for Memorial Day week but booked 7/22-29 as a backup. I have original hotel booked at Doubletree Disney Springs but I also booked AoA in case on site gets priority. Tickets purchased and linked to MDE back in March.

We are still undecided...a lot of it depends on what kinds of park reservations we can get. If we can be in the parks every day then we'll probably go, but if we can only get a couple days in the parks then we'll cancel. We don't like the mask mandate but we understand it and we'll manage.

We were scheduled to check in 7/22, park days 7/23-26. Once opening plans were announced, we elected to cancel. We had already decided that we didn't want to go within the first couple of weeks of opening. Had opening been in late June, we might have kept our July plans. But 1 week after all 4 parks open is too soon for us. We would prefer they work out all the kinks before going. That really is the main reason we cancelled. No parades, no nighttime shows, and no meet and greets is not really a problem for us. Cancelled our room only reservation. We have APs, so nothing to cancel as far as tickets. Hoping to go in October, but given we don't currently have a room for then and cannot make a new reservation right now, not sure if that will happen or not. I also don't really know what to expect as far as ability to even get in during this time of park reservations, given we are APs.

APH, split stay. 1 to 12 YC, 12 to 19 YC CL. ESTA in place, British Airways flights still showing as scheduled. I managed to pick up some DS restaurant reservations on OT. I ‘just’ need the US to open borders and the U.K. FCO advisory to be lifted.
Is the cancellation date for US booked room only reservations still 7 days? If so 23 June will be decision day for me. If I cancel WDW reservation and then US opens borders and U.K. FCO lifts advisory between 23 and 30 June, be prepared to hear a scream! 😂

We check in 7/7, I assume we will be canceled , so undetermined. I made a quick first week of August reservation when the announcement came in, so I really don’t know when I’ll be there.

Fl resident AP here. We are ready to go! Our March trip cancelled, July 4 H2O glow nights trip. We were supposed to be on a cruise for our 10 year anniversary in July, but decided to do a Disney trip instead. Kinda worked out because now my sister is coming for the weekend we are there. We are supposed to stay at All star movies 7/22-7/26.

We rescheduled trips in March and April for this summer, and we will be at the world in July. Masks and hand sanitizer are ready for travel. July 11-17 DVC, 17-24 Ft Wilderness. We're just bummer that some of the add-ons we had booked are canceled; BBB, H20-Glow on July 4th, 2 birthday dinners. But that's ok we'll be in Disney and planning to pack lots of patience.

July14-25th at Pop century. Rescheduled when cancelled in May. 10 day park hopper plus tickets :( both nervous and excited:) only reason we’d cancel now is if our state restrictions Don’t lift 😬

We're in the "Undetermined, But Probably Leaning Towards Cancelling" camp at the moment, but honestly my mood shifts around. I want to see more information about the pending park reservation system and how exactly that will operate before making any final decisions. Our summer is such a jumbled mess of camps and postponed spring sports that may/may not happen, so Disney planning is no more or less uncertain than anything else in our lives right now. Not to mention underlying virus and economic uncertainty just to throw a few more things in the mix. Just taking things one day at a time.

Possible AP previews also play a roll in our planning. I'm intrigued, but of course need more info and who knows if we could even adjust things quickly enough.

Park hours and the possibility of no water parks are material factors in how we prefer to experience the parks in July, so those are weighing on our decision.

We've tried but DD5 and masks just aren't in the cards and we feel it's not worth the time/money/energy when there are other leisure options (eg, the beach) where they aren't required. So any trip we do end up doing would 'probably' be me and DS9. Possible silver lining there - while I love our family trips, our solo adult/one kid trips are tons of fun and in some ways my favorite way to travel to WDW with my family.

We'll see - July feels far away and yet close at the same time.

We canceled a few weeks ago. We were booked BCV 6/29 - 7/12, going off property for a few days, then YC 7/19-7/21. We have re-booked for October and hoping we feel the cost is worth it :). I am a total planner and not a patient person so not knowing was bothering me. We decided to go along the gulf and enjoy the different beaches this summer.

We have reservations at Wilderness Lodge 7/27-8/03. I think the only thing that would cause us to cancel at this point is what the park reservations system will be like. If we're not able to get into a park for each day of our stay, then we'll probably just wait to go next year.

I just voted undetermined but leaning towards cancelling. If I read this post & could vote again in 15 minutes, I’d be voting undetermined but probably going. Yes, I am changing my mind every few minutes.

We’re booked YC CL July 13-18. First I was sure we were going. Then we were definitely cancelling. Now I am at “let’s see if YC is open or what hotel they offer us”. Just too many unknowns to make a decision right now.

These are the things I’m considering to make (or not make ;)) a decision: One of the biggest questions is the governor of Florida’s 14 day quarantine order for NY state. If he doesn’t lift that, or waits til July to do it, we can’t go. Then, where will we be staying? Will YC be open or where will we be moved to? Can we get a park reservation? Will our jobs make us quarantine when we get back? We’re in our 60’s & my DH has a medical issue that could make him high risk. I think we’re ok with the risk, but how do our kids feel about us taking that risk. If one of us does get sick while we’re there, can we get home? We have another trip booked for September, so we wouldn’t have to wait long to go if we cancel. Since we have been working all along, we aren’t sick of being home & have plenty we could do around the house. What about dining? We do table service every day on vacation. We wouldn’t like to be stuck trying to do counter service every meal. An will menu’s have things we’ll eat?

On the “go anyway“ side, we are both essential workers. We have been working & the issues & stresses from work have been magnified significantly. DH runs a food production facility & has been dealing with all those covid staffing issues in addition to normal operations. We need this break like never before. We love to do different & unique things... being there as the parks open would certainly qualify. The low crowd levels will probably never be seen again & are something we’d love to experience. We don’t watch parades or fireworks & hardly ever do character meet & greets. So the things that will be missing aren‘t things we would miss anyway. We are APs & go so often, we don’t mind missing rides or attractions for now. We always spend lots of downtime just relaxing in the hotel anyway. So we wouldn’t even mind short park hours. We have a room discount, APs & Tables in Wonderland dining discounts. We wouldn’t be paying full price for a limited experience, so we would still feel value for what we are paying. Who knows what a September will bring. Will the virus numbers spike? Will restictions be lifted too soon making it even riskier for us to go then? Should we just go in July while we can? We have been wearing masks at work all day for months. We’re used to them now & will be able to adapt to wearing at the parks.

Ugh. Anyway, for now, leaning to cancelling. I might come back & vote “going” in an hour. :lmao:

Last edited:
We are booked at Yacht Club July 20-24. I am in the camp have not cancelled yet, but leaning toward cancelling. I am not so concerned about the experience in the parks, as we are frequent visitors and do not have young children, but if the pools and the resort itself has lots of restrictions then I will cancel. I don't want to have to line up every time I walk through the lobby, and if there are lines to get into the pool, and we can't get dinning reservations, well then it is a no-go for us. We all really need some more information. I don't want to go and sit in my room!!

Originally scheduled to arrive 7/07 and stay through 7/18 at ASMu, but haven't heard one word from Disney regarding resort being open, etc. All our FP+'s and ADR's have been cancelled, but other than that, even the agents on the phone don't know. Lack of guidance or information from Disney is extremely poor public relations.

Booked from 7/4 to 7/10. We have annual passes, hoping they may have AP previews. We have Droid Depot and Savi's booked during that time and at least so far they haven't been cancelled. I thought all activity reservations were supposed to have been cancelled?

I agree with most that I have been all over the place. This was originally a beautifully planned graduation trip for my daughter and her friend. Her friend has never to Disney.
Our first trip was 5/24-6/10 including 2 nights at the beach and 4 nights at UO, 5/31 check in at Pop for 10 days. I had all the best ADRs and fast passes.
Then came the cancellation and rebooking for July 19th-30th at Pop. I was able to grab the ADRs we wanted, even Ohanas and all the fast passes. Now we are without ADRs and fast passes and awaiting more information. My daughter still wants to go, and so does her friend. So until they say we can’t go to the parks, we are going.

I'm in the "Undetermined, But Leaning Towards Going" group.

I have a Bay Lake View - 1 Bedroom Suite - Club Level booked from 7/15-7/19 at Contemporary. Wasn't really planning on going to the parks, more or less just wanted to get out and go somewhere with friends. With no word on club level yet I'm already hesitant to keep the reservation. However, after hearing that cabana rentals at the resorts were being canceled then I'm definitely not gonna keep it. Just playing the waiting game now and hooping to see that 407 area code on my phone sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter