POLL: July Folks... Going, Cancelled/Cancelling, or Undetermined?

If You Have A Trip Planed for July, Are You Going, Cancelled, or Undetermined?

• Yes, We Are Still Planning to Go - Resort Guest

Votes: 154 26.9%
  • Yes, We Are Still Planning to Go - DVC Member

Votes: 121 21.2%
  • No, We Have Cancelled Already or Will Definitely Cancel - Resort Guest

Votes: 132 23.1%
  • No, We Have Cancelled Already or Will Definitely Cancel - DVC Member

Votes: 53 9.3%
  • Undetermined, But Leaning Towards Going

Votes: 58 10.1%
  • Undetermined, But Leaning Towards Cancelling

Votes: 54 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposed to check in 7/11 at CSR. Undetermined, leaning towards going. Awaiting to hear about park reservation system and possibly getting hotel moved/upgraded? :) Ironically our trip is 7/11-7/13 only to MK and AK. Park hours don’t really affect us because we usually leave early anyway. Biggest issue will be masks and not meeting Mickey for my daughter. Our Florida Resident Discover Disney tickets expire September 30 so I don’t see anything improving drastically before then. :(

I'm in the "Undetermined, But Leaning Towards Going." If definitely not going is 0 and definitely going is 100, I am a 70. We are rrently scheduled at Poly July 18-26, one week after reopening.

My family is not in any high risk groups and we are all used to wearing masks outside in Atlanta. The temperature checks and masks have no bearing on our decision. We'll put on our masks, bring our sanitizer, keep our distance and have our temps taken.

But, my free dining for 4 Disney adults has been changed to 35% off room portion. This is not as good for our family, and so we will have to evaluate the value proposition, given the shortened hours, no hopping, no fireworks, no water parks, no FPs, no character dining, etc.

Some factors that I am waiting to get more info from Disney that weigh in on my value proposition:
1. Reservations - How will they work, and will we have access every day? Will we be able to come and go our selected park, even if there is no hopping? Will APs we allowed length-of-stay for onsite stays, the same way they were allowed length of stay for FPs?

2. Capacity Info - Will we hear more about capacity once the reservations are in place? Are we going to wait in long virtual lines because ride capacity is so diminished and many "people eaters" such as shows will not be taking place? Or will capacity be reduced so that the experience will be equivalent to everyone having FPs?

3. Restaurants and Lounges - What TS restaurants and Lounges will be open? Will we be able to make reservations for them in the new reservation system? What will the menus look like? I remember the Sanaa menu when they reopened after Hurricane Matthew being quite skeletal. Will Signature restaurants and Lounges remain closed?

4. AP Extension - Will my AP that expired on March 31st be extended the number of days the parks were closed, as originally stated? That language was change to "active" passes would be extended. My pass is not active anymore, but was active when the parks closed. It would cover our dates exactly.

5. Ability to Modify Current Package - Will I be allowed to drop off the tickets from my 35% off Recovery package (or at least reduce them from 9-Day Park Hopper Plus to 2-day Base) and keep the 35% off the room portion?

6. Attractions Open - Lots of rumors about what will and will not be open. I understand character meets are not open, but I am hoping for some indoor A/C attractions, especially SWGE. If it's just outdoor rides, then this trip will be a no.

7. Pools/Amenities Open - Lots of rumors about only DVC pools. We need the pools open. Poly has the volcano and oasis. Need both.

I'm in the "Undetermined, But Leaning Towards Going." If definitely not going is 0 and definitely going is 100, I am a 70. We are rrently scheduled at Poly July 18-26, one week after reopening.

My family is not in any high risk groups and we are all used to wearing masks outside in Atlanta. The temperature checks and masks have no bearing on our decision. We'll put on our masks, bring our sanitizer, keep our distance and have our temps taken.

But, my free dining for 4 Disney adults has been changed to 35% off room portion. This is not as good for our family, and so we will have to evaluate the value proposition, given the shortened hours, no hopping, no fireworks, no water parks, no FPs, no character dining, etc.

Some factors that I am waiting to get more info from Disney that weigh in on my value proposition:
1. Reservations - How will they work, and will we have access every day? Will we be able to come and go our selected park, even if there is no hopping? Will APs we allowed length-of-stay for onsite stays, the same way they were allowed length of stay for FPs?

2. Capacity Info - Will we hear more about capacity once the reservations are in place? Are we going to wait in long virtual lines because ride capacity is so diminished and many "people eaters" such as shows will not be taking place? Or will capacity be reduced so that the experience will be equivalent to everyone having FPs?

3. Restaurants and Lounges - What TS restaurants and Lounges will be open? Will we be able to make reservations for them in the new reservation system? What will the menus look like? I remember the Sanaa menu when they reopened after Hurricane Matthew being quite skeletal. Will Signature restaurants and Lounges remain closed?

4. AP Extension - Will my AP that expired on March 31st be extended the number of days the parks were closed, as originally stated? That language was change to "active" passes would be extended. My pass is not active anymore, but was active when the parks closed. It would cover our dates exactly.

5. Ability to Modify Current Package - Will I be allowed to drop off the tickets from my 35% off Recovery package (or at least reduce them from 9-Day Park Hopper Plus to 2-day Base) and keep the 35% off the room portion?

6. Attractions Open - Lots of rumors about what will and will not be open. I understand character meets are not open, but I am hoping for some indoor A/C attractions, especially SWGE. If it's just outdoor rides, then this trip will be a no.

7. Pools/Amenities Open - Lots of rumors about only DVC pools. We need the pools open. Poly has the volcano and oasis. Need both.
You're my trip twin, except we're at Wilderness Lodge the very next week. I'm so following along with you to find out the answers to ALL of these questions because they'll make or break our trip as well. I'm especially interested to hear about if they'll allow ticket changes with the room only discount from free dining now.

You're my trip twin, except we're at Wilderness Lodge the very next week. I'm so following along with you to find out the answers to ALL of these questions because they'll make or break our trip as well. I'm especially interested to hear about if they'll allow ticket changes with the room only discount from free dining now.
I’m glad to have a trip twin! We have to make it through all of this uncertainty together! :grouphug:

I checked going, DVC. Definitely questioning whether we really want to go, but currently still in the yes camp. Trip is 7/25-8/8...with a 4 nt Disney cruise in there that will likely be cancelled (but I have a dvc room booked for those days in case.). Kids are high school and college...none of us really wants to wear masks all day...I see lots of snack breaks coming up and time in the pool...and room. We have APs that we've only used once that were originally expiring 8/4... would love to get another use out of them. We can deal with reduced experience due to how often we've been...will miss stuff though. And flights were $100/person roundtrip...it's what keeps me from shortening the trip... don't want to pay more for new flights. Also just tired of being home.. would be nice to walk around in a new place and have a tiny bit of magic.

On April 14 I moved our mid July BWI CL stay to Aug 26-30. Then I thought about masks in the heat, and on May 22 moved to late October BWI std room. That is pending based on what happens in the coming weeks. Will be activating APs for this trip. October airfare was really cheap.

We are going. I mean G.O.I.N.G. I don't care if I have to sit outside MK and wave as people walk by me; I will be there. I am prepared for the masks and I am prepared for limited offerings; what I am not prepared to do is be in my house for more time than I already have. :thumbsup2

Why so adamant? We were supposed to be sailing on the Fantasy on 7/25 for a week long trip that was a Christmas gift to our three daughters. My husband, younger two daughters, and I were on the Fantasy in November for our 20th anniversary, but our oldest was away at college and so could not come. We had an amazing vacation but kept saying to one another, "I wish xxx were here," or, "xxx would love this!" My husband decided to rebook a cruise for all of us for this summer by the second day, using his payout from unused vacation days due to his retirement in December. This was completely unlike him and it meant he really wanted all of us to experience this together. Well... the girls were thrilled to receive the gift at Christmas but sad when it was canceled. We rebooked for this Christmas but really need a Disney fix after all of the tomfoolery of the last few months! It'll be a quick 3-night trip, but I can't wait.

We are going. 6 people in 2 Rooms DVC at SSR July 11-26. Have points that will expire August 31. Also lost cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii and 3 nights at Aulani.

Following along! We have a split stay DVC reservation from July 15th-26th. Part of the time at CCV and the other part at SSR. Our wedding was canceled and this was meant to be part of our honeymoon (along with a DCL cruise that has already been canceled). So I am REALLY holding out hope for some magic.

I am a little worried about all the things listed about, and I also suffer from anxiety so I am wondering if this will all feel like 'too much'.

Can I wait a week after they open to decided based on people's experiences? I'm scheduled to be there on the 29th of July. I know it would be last minute but I really wanted more info before deciding but didn't want to be stuck with a large cancellation. So much is unknown at this point. Looking forwards to the Gina Pigs getting in and reporting back.

I just cancelled our July 16-20 at AKL. Our 28th anniversary is that weekend. I have always wanted to stay at AKL, so I am bummed we had to cancel. This was supposed to be a resort only trip to make up for our Memorial Day cruise on DCL that was also cancelled. Too many unknowns right now and I have had enough stress over the past 3 months wondering and worrying about if our trips will happen. I do have a Free Dining Recovery reservation for Sept, but I only booked those specific days because we thought we would reschedule our Memorial Day cruise for a 5 night one over Labor Day, but we have since decided cruising is probably too risky this year. So, unless they allow me to change that reservation to October and upgrade my hotel and tickets, that will be cancelled too.

On the brighter side...DS is scheduled to walk in his college graduation in December. I have 6 nights booked at HRH & UO. I also have a 10 night UO/WDW trip booked as a backup if his graduation is cancelled. That trip we will do no matter what!!

DIS polls are always very dangerous given limited data, biased participants, etc, but the percentages have roughly settled into the following:

48% - Going
28% - Not Going
24% - Undecided (14% leaning towards going / 10% leaning towards not going)

Again, this doesn’t mean anything as it’s totally unscientific, more just for discussion fodder than anything else.

Hmmmm, I was able to place our order today for our August magic bands. Nice to see that was back!

TRIP-lets.

We will be there the same week. Contemporary from 7/18 to 7/20 and then the Poly from 7/20 to 7/25. Both in theme park view rooms. I've stayed at the Contemporary when I was younger but staying at the Poly has been on my Disney bucket list. And when I asked my kids what resort they would like to stay at they said these two. BUT they think we are staying at POP because they know the Contemporary and the Poly are our of our price range but I was able to get a deal. And once my 2 year old turns 3 in September we won't be able to stay at either resort in one room at least which just makes it even more expensive.

I'm just praying that both open. I'm not sure Disney could really offer me an upgrade from these two reservations unless they offer a Poly Bulgalow :laughing::genie:

TRIP-lets.

We will be there the same week. Contemporary from 7/18 to 7/20 and then the Poly from 7/20 to 7/25. Both in theme park view rooms. I've stayed at the Contemporary when I was younger but staying at the Poly has been on my Disney bucket list. And when I asked my kids what resort they would like to stay at they said these two. BUT they think we are staying at POP because they know the Contemporary and the Poly are our of our price range but I was able to get a deal. And once my 2 year old turns 3 in September we won't be able to stay at either resort in one room at least which just makes it even more expensive.

I'm just praying that both open. I'm not sure Disney could really offer me an upgrade from these two reservations unless they offer a Poly Bulgalow :laughing::genie:
TRIP-let literally made me LOL. Thank you.

Hope your trip works out for you!! My husband and I stayed in a TPV room at Contemporary last August and it was literally the most magical experience I've ever had at Disney!

Must be a great week to go! So are we. July 18 - 24 at Boardwalk, then July 24 - 26 at Poly bungalow. I was amazed to find a bungalow still open last week. We were going to stay the entire week at the Boardwalk, but this is a special trip with our now-25 year old son, as he finishes grad school, so I know these opportunities to go on vacation with him are getting more and more limited. Son really, really wanted to try the bungalow, so when I saw there was availability last week, right after the phased re-opening announcement, I grabbed it!
We booked Boardwalk because we wanted to be in walking distance of the Studios. Son is also a huge Star Wars fan, so we HAVE to get on Rise of the Resistance! But I gotta tell you all, I am so nervous about this reservation system, compounded by the fact that I can't get through to Member Services, just a constant busy signal. If we can't get our reservations to the parks, I don't know what to do.
Also nervous about our dining. We don't do the Dining Plan, but we do enjoy nice dinners. I had several booked, including Topolino's Terrace, Morimoto Asia, Tiffins, Takumi-Tei, Il Mulino, Flying Fish - all cancelled now, of course.
And of course all the FP+ that I got up to book right at 7 am EST at our 60-day mark. Managed to get Smuggler's Run! And of course, that is gone too.

I guess that is a hazard of being a super-planner; when the plans all go away, major anxiety hits.
I guess we are all in this together. Hope it all works out.

My husband and I canceled-we’re DVC members and rebooked rooms because our daughter and family still wanted to go. I have to say member services have been wonderful to deal with. We went from 2br villas at BC and AKL to studios at BC and the Polynesian for the same time period-8/4-8/14. We’re over 60 and in excellent health, but just didn’t think it was worth the risk right now. Again, member services was extremely helpful.

I voted for:

No, We Have Cancelled Already or Will Definitely Cancel - DVC Member

We're not DVC members, we were just staying on a DVC member's points -- so I thought that was the most appropriate choice.

We were going to go, but when I tried to move back my 6/27-7/7 trip to 7/9-7/18, I could only get OKW or SSR (I was on a call with my owner and member services today). We were staying at BWV which is my happy place. I figured with so many unknowns, I at least want to be where I want to stay -- and it wasn't worth it to me to stay somewhere else, especially since I'd have to take a bus to all 4 parks. The only other way they could accommodate me is by checking out on 7/16, one day after HS and EP opens -- so, nope, that wasn't happening either.

I was already on the fence with the unknowns -- and I felt like it would be a waste of my park hoppers if no park hopping was allowed (and I purchased my hoppers before the last price increase and base tickets are actually more expensive right now through WDW than what I paid through UT, so there would be no refund on that portion), not knowing how the pool situation was going to work, how many restaurants would be open, if we'd be able to tolerate the masks, etc., so since the stars didn't align perfectly for me with resort and dates, I took that as a sign.

Now, if it wasn't for the fact the my owner was refunding me 100%, I probably would've gone and stayed at OKW or SSR.

I'm pretty bummed about it (we didn't go last year when we normally go at least once per year -- and the year before, my mom passed away while we were away on that trip -- so, I really wanted this), but I think it's probably for the best. We'll go to the beach and enjoy the fresh air while maskless, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter