POLL: July Folks... Going, Cancelled/Cancelling, or Undetermined?

If You Have A Trip Planed for July, Are You Going, Cancelled, or Undetermined?

• Yes, We Are Still Planning to Go - Resort Guest

Votes: 154 26.9%
  • Yes, We Are Still Planning to Go - DVC Member

Votes: 121 21.2%
  • No, We Have Cancelled Already or Will Definitely Cancel - Resort Guest

Votes: 132 23.1%
  • No, We Have Cancelled Already or Will Definitely Cancel - DVC Member

Votes: 53 9.3%
  • Undetermined, But Leaning Towards Going

Votes: 58 10.1%
  • Undetermined, But Leaning Towards Cancelling

Votes: 54 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please check your early July reservations to see whether they still show? Mine has vanished up to 11 July.

Can you please check your early July reservations to see whether they still show? Mine has vanished up to 11 July.
My end of June (CSR-GDT) reservation is still there. That is weird. They may be pulling the pre park opening reservations one resort at a time, like they did with the dining reservations.

My end of June (CSR-GDT) reservation is still there. That is weird. They may be pulling the pre park opening reservations one resort at a time, like they did with the dining reservations.
It is really strange. I had a split stay, 1 to 11 July YC, then 12 to 19 July YC CL. I noticed that 1 July reservation had vanished from MDE and then checked the website. Checked with my US TA and she confirmed that it had been cancelled. TA then informed me that ‘ (Disney) are cancelling all reservations up to 11 July At this time’. Luckily 12 July reservation is still active and there is now a make FP button... but it isn’t working yet. No correspondence from WDW.

--I just don't know if with the humidity if I could literally breathe with that on the whole time? And wouldn't the mask be wet from the heat and humidity too?
I will be SHOCKED if Disney doesn't have multiple "Rest Areas" set up in "low traffic" areas where can Guests can remove their masks for a while and still be Social Distanced.

It is really strange. I had a split stay, 1 to 11 July YC, then 12 to 19 July YC CL. I noticed that 1 July reservation had vanished from MDE and then checked the website. Checked with my US TA and she confirmed that it had been cancelled. TA then informed me that ‘ (Disney) are cancelling all reservations up to 11 July At this time’. Luckily 12 July reservation is still active and there is now a make FP button... but it isn’t working yet. No correspondence from WDW.

All of my pre-7/11 reservations which I for some reason still haven't cancelled myself are still there, FWIW.

I canceled my March and May trips in February but left the July reservation. My nephew and I have camped at Ft WIlderness for the last 5 years. This year will be July 16 -26. Honestly, we go to the park less and less every year so if we can not get park access every day it will be no big deal, and as far as the mask goes, living in East Texas and wearing masks all day has us pretty much use to them. We will see, but I am pretty sure we will there.

We got cancelled in May, but we have reservations beginning 6/27 and we are definitely going! A modified WDW is better than no WDW at all. I also got the fastpass+ screen but if you try to use it, you get the oops! screen. Last night I got excited because the dining reservation screen was accessible. In addition to a few Disney Spring restaurants, there actually were some theme park dining packages listed as available (Fantasmic and ROL) but when you tried to book them - no dice. All those packages were removed this morning but it gives me hope that they were testing them out on the system - so maybe they will be available when the park opens, meaning those shows will be too. I wish we would get more info on the new reservation system though.

We got cancelled in May, but we have reservations beginning 6/27 and we are definitely going!
June 27? Unfortunately I would expect that reservation to be cancelled. I would be shocked if resorts open that long before the parks.

I had a split stay booked July 28 to Aug 4. I thought about keeping the reservation under different scenarios—would I go to just lounge around the resorts, would i go just to take in the atmosphere at the parks but only eat QS, would I go and try to do as much “normal” stuff as possible. What finally decided me was looking at being on an airplane. Irrational, I know, but I’m not even ready to get on public transportation yet, much less an airplane. So that told me I’d be too stressed to enjoy any part of the Disney experience now. I rebooked for February.

We will be going. My youngest is two years old, so it's the last time he'll be free for any all you can eat meals (if they exist) and not need any tickets. We are booked for 9 nights at AKL in a 1 bed villa (7/30-8/8) which we've never stayed at before so really looking forward to that. We drive so don't have to deal with flying.

I really hope the water parks open up for at least some of our trip as our two oldest kids love them, and we only have four day park hopper plus tickets right now. We can't add days to our tickets at the moment. I assume this will change, but without water parks and such a long trip--it'll be a problem if it doesn't.

Masks won't be much fun although I wear one all day at work anyway. There's no way my two year old will wear one all day, and my seven year old won't wear one properly all day no matter how hard I try. We'll try, but I do wonder how they are going to enforce this with very small children. I mean, many (most?) are still in diapers at that age. All day masking is not realistic.

We will be going. My youngest is two years old, so it's the last time he'll be free for any all you can eat meals (if they exist) and not need any tickets. We are booked for 9 nights at AKL in a 1 bed villa (7/30-8/8) which we've never stayed at before so really looking forward to that. We drive so don't have to deal with flying.

I really hope the water parks open up for at least some of our trip as our two oldest kids love them, and we only have four day park hopper plus tickets right now. We can't add days to our tickets at the moment. I assume this will change, but without water parks and such a long trip--it'll be a problem if it doesn't.

Masks won't be much fun although I wear one all day at work anyway. There's no way my two year old will wear one all day, and my seven year old won't wear one properly all day no matter how hard I try. We'll try, but I do wonder how they are going to enforce this with very small children. I mean, many (most?) are still in diapers at that age. All day masking is not realistic.

I believe at Disney Springs they ask you to leave if your child won't wear the mask.

We are DVC and have a trip planned for Universal Cabana Bay, then Polynesian. The whole point was to go to waterparks. I don't want to cancel, but we are keeping a close eye on it. Right now, it looks like we'll do Volcano Bay, Lego, Aquatica, and avoid WDW parks altogether.

I said we are planning to go but that isn’t quite accurate. I would say TODAY we are planning to go, but we have a couple Potential dealbreakers that could quite possibly come to pass, although I am hopeful since our dates just squeak under the wire in this poll, things could be a bit different a few weeks in. Canceling means losing a whole bunch of DVC points too, would rather avoid that.

We made Reservations in January before all the bad news and our dates just happen to start on JULY 11!!!!

Definitely going to be there for 2 of the most historical days in the history of WDW!
OMG us too! We booked a bounceback during Marathon Weekend and are meant to arrive on the 11th. I voted undecided but leaning going. My teenage boys don't care about fireworks, or parades, or character meets. The big obstacle is that I won't allow us to fly right now, and we are about a 15 hr drive away. One son says right now he refuses to sit in a car for 30 hrs round trip for a 6 day vacation. I know it's a lot but we will make an almost last minute decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter