• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POLL: July Folks... Going, Cancelled/Cancelling, or Undetermined?

If You Have A Trip Planed for July, Are You Going, Cancelled, or Undetermined?

• Yes, We Are Still Planning to Go - Resort Guest

Votes: 154 26.9%
  • Yes, We Are Still Planning to Go - DVC Member

Votes: 121 21.2%
  • No, We Have Cancelled Already or Will Definitely Cancel - Resort Guest

Votes: 132 23.1%
  • No, We Have Cancelled Already or Will Definitely Cancel - DVC Member

Votes: 53 9.3%
  • Undetermined, But Leaning Towards Going

Votes: 58 10.1%
  • Undetermined, But Leaning Towards Cancelling

Votes: 54 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a stay booked June 28-July 3rd, POP. I was just waiting for Disney to cancel it. But yesterday, I got an email about my upcoming reservation and the email asked me to choose one of three options, (1) I plan to come, (2) I plan to modify reservation, (3) I plan to cancel. And the email stated I have until June 12 to make my selection. So, I guess Disney sent these out to all people listed with resort stays in July that were already booked to get an estimate on how many people will be there. Maybe to figure out how many resorts they need to open. It says I have to call to modify the reservation. They only listed the FW and the Disney Villa Club resorts in the details about what to expect regarding resorts. It does not say if I will have to pay for upgrade or what. It just states I need to call Disney to modify, nothing can be done online.

Has anyone else received this email?
We had a 7/2-7/7 CBR room and our APs. After a 4+hr hold yesterday, we were moved to a 2 bedroom villa at Saratoga for no charge since we kept our original dates. We will be charged the original $230 a night that we were paying for a CBR preferred room, but since the Saratoga 2 bedroom villas have a rack rate of $1000 a night over holidays (which I would never pay anyway), it was quite the upgrade. Now trying to decide if we just go for a change of scenery from our house and lots of pool options..

I decided to move my dates in the hopes that the parks will all be open and more rides available than just going during my same dates, with no parks open. I called yesterday and modified my existing reservation from POP five nights June 28 to July 3rd, Free dining and Park hopper tickets to November 8 -13 at Fort Wilderness cabins, same number of nights, 5 day tickets no park hoppers and no dining for about what I had originally booked at. I could only book Fort Wilderness or one of the other DVC resorts. And Old Key West Studio would have been about the same. And I only had to wait on the phone for about fifteen minutes before I was able to talk to a CM.

I am bummed I lost out of free dining and the park hoppers, but am now booked for a cabin which I have always thought would be fun to stay in. I am not sure what the rack rate would be for it since I can't check prices now.

Hmmmmmmm interesting. I can get to the page to choose my bands, but it won't let me click on anything. I've tried it on mobile and desktop.

Is there anyone with a split-stay in July that has been able to order both sets of MagicBands? I am able to order them for our first reservation through the "My Plans" page but I can't order them for my second reservation.

I've never had a split stay before so I'm not sure what the screens normally look like with 2 reservations.

Hmmmmmmm interesting. I can get to the page to choose my bands, but it won't let me click on anything. I've tried it on mobile and desktop.

I wasn't able to order them on the MagicBands screens but there was button under "My Plans" with my reservation details that I was able to click and select them. But I have been checking for months a then all of a sudden last week it showed up. I called and the CM in IT said she wasn't aware that ordering was back open, I was the first she heard of it, and to give it some time for my second reservation.

Is there anyone with a split-stay in July that has been able to order both sets of MagicBands? I am able to order them for our first reservation through the "My Plans" page but I can't order them for my second reservation.

I've never had a split stay before so I'm not sure what the screens normally look like with 2 reservations.

I can only order 1 of 3 sets. In the past, I have ordered a set for each reservation. Not so this time... at least, not yet. It is also giving me until 7/12 for a 7/18 checkin and says I’ll pick them up at the resort. Maybe they don’t want to make and ship a bunch of magic bands for people who end up canceling.

We were able to modify our paid in full June 23-July 1 reservation a few days ago. Originally booked at the CBR and now we are booked at BoardWalk Villas Deluxe Studio for July 19-25. We still have our original tickets with park hopper option in MDE. I was able to reserve my MagicBands for us just now & I also was able to complete my Online Check-in. Now I just wait patiently for the next step to reserve the park and dining.

Okay -- I tried on desktop instead of mobile like suggested and it worked! Now to see if they actually show up. Anyone who has stays booked July 11th should be getting there's shipped soon!

Woke up to an email this morning that my magic bands have shipped including a tracking number. Anyone else?
Our check in is July 27 at Pop.

Woke up to an email this morning that my magic bands have shipped including a tracking number. Anyone else?
Our check in is July 27 at Pop.

Just check my email and nothing. I chose them for our first reservation on Saturday. Check in 7/18

I changed my vote, we cancelled last night. There was too much unknowns and my kids decided they would rather go to the beach for a week and then a few other shorter trips throughout the summer. I can't say that I blame them. I think I was trying to hold out to see what resort we would be assigned to since some of the DVC's and deluxe resorts will probably never be within my price range :-(

I know disney will always be there though and we will be back when this is over or whenever the forever new normal starts. Im going to be watching and hoping for some trip reports!

I had to change my vote. The original trip was a July 1-8 solo stay at CBR. I called and was offered a 1 BR at OKW and allowed to drop two nights while keeping my $189/night rate. DH and I are now going to go over the 4th and will just chillax by the pool, take day trip or two and go out in Disney Springs in the evenings. We have ADRs at Raglan Road and Homecomin’.

We live in South Louisiana and are getting used to wearing masks in the heat and humidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter