• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POLL: July Folks... Going, Cancelled/Cancelling, or Undetermined?

If You Have A Trip Planed for July, Are You Going, Cancelled, or Undetermined?

• Yes, We Are Still Planning to Go - Resort Guest

Votes: 154 26.9%
  • Yes, We Are Still Planning to Go - DVC Member

Votes: 121 21.2%
  • No, We Have Cancelled Already or Will Definitely Cancel - Resort Guest

Votes: 132 23.1%
  • No, We Have Cancelled Already or Will Definitely Cancel - DVC Member

Votes: 53 9.3%
  • Undetermined, But Leaning Towards Going

Votes: 58 10.1%
  • Undetermined, But Leaning Towards Cancelling

Votes: 54 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My dates are for July 1-5 at AoA in a Little Mermaid room and I received the email on Saturday. I was just waiting for Disney to cancel and hoping for a recovery offer. I'm now on hold with Disney to see what DVC we are offered. I'm willing to go without parks for an upgrade! Fingers crossed! Say a prayer that we get a great upgrade! I'll update when I get through. The recording said that the wait would be at least an hour.

**Update** I was on wait around 1 hour and 45 minutes. The Cast Member was so nice. I was not on her "grid of 5 billion reservations" and someone from another Team will call me back in 24-48 hours. She said my reservation was fine. She could see it. It just wasn't in her grid and she can only help with what is in her grid. I'll update when I get a return call. I had a package with tickets and Deluxe Dining.
Update: We cancelled. We were offered Cabins at Ft Wilderness. I love Ft Wilderness when everything is going but I don't think it will be worth us going with parks closed and activities at Ft Wilderness such as the campfire and marina rentals closed.

Poll results remain amazingly consistent:

48% going, 28% not going, 24% undecided. If I'm Disney, that 24% in flux would seem to be a rather large number / make things hard to plan.

Among Resort guests, it 53% going / 47% not going. Among DVC guests, it is 78% going / 22% not going.

Still trending towards 60% going/leaning towards going and 40% not going/leaning towards not going.

I wonder how lopsided that really is if you had a real world non-DIS sample set.

Poll results remain amazingly consistent:

48% going, 28% not going, 24% undecided. If I'm Disney, that 24% in flux would seem to be a rather large number / make things hard to plan.

Among Resort guests, it 53% going / 47% not going. Among DVC guests, it is 78% going / 22% not going.

Still trending towards 60% going/leaning towards going and 40% not going/leaning towards not going.

I wonder how lopsided that really is if you had a real world non-DIS sample set.
Real world, tons of people would not even have started planning their July WDW trips by now. We're the ones who plan months in advance and even have reservations to keep or cancel. :earboy2:

I'm waiting on the park reservation system to determine if I still go or not. I love Disney, but I'm not spending a week in a resort with limited or no parks.
I agree. I'm interested to see how the reservation system will work. I'm curious as to when it will be available, how far out you can book, and if there will be severe limitations in reservation availability. So many questions?!

We are going July 18th-25th and while we aren’t thrilled about being guinea pigs or masks we really nee some Disney magic. And a part of me thinks it could be a great trip with significantly lower crowds and waits. Fingers crossed that’s true.

Our main reason for going is because we are staying in our dream resorts that we likely will never be able to stay in again. Assuming they open but I’m hopeful Disney will give us something comparable or better if they don’t. Although I don’t really know how you can get much better than what we have.

My biggest concern at the moment is keeping a mask on my 2.5 year old.
That is why we cancelled was I don’t think our 2.5 year old son will keep a mask on. Instead we are using more points for a 16 day Christmas trip so we can bring more family.

I've never felt so wishy washy about anything. Our trip July 24 starts off at Volcano Bay, because we have never done it. I feel pretty good about that. We are moving to the Poly, and we were going to do the 2 WDW water parks, because we NEVER do that. Pretty bummed they have chosen to not open up what is likely the BEST place to be during a pandemic...submerged in chlorine... so we have changed to going to Aquatica, since we never do that. We have season passes to Legoland that we don't want to go to waste, so we'll do that. Makes the poly seem pretty un-special, but we really wanted to stay there. If I cancel the Poly and return the DVC points, I think we'll cancel the trip altogether and find another destination.

We're going to be there for 4 days at the end of July on rented DVC points at the Polynesian. We're AP holders.
We are definitely, 100% going to be there. Even if we can't get reservations for each day in the parks. If the only thing I do is take a few big sniffs of the Poly lobby, get drinks by the pool, and watch the Disney bedtime cartoons on the TV with my kids at night, it'll be better than being in my house at this point!

This poll needs on option for those staying offsite. After reading about all of the restrictions, we cancelled our Disney resort reservations, and now have an offsite split stay booked.

Our arrival night, July 10th, will be spent at Cabana Bay Beach Resort, which looks spiffy & retro, like Pop Century. We'll go to Volcano Bay the next day, then spend four nights at Four Seasons Orlando, during which we'll enjoy their pool complex & briefly hit the theme parks. We have platinum APs, so if we can get into the Disney parks, we will. If not, we'll try Universal for the first time. The last evening we'll check into MCO Hyatt, and fly home the next day.

I've never felt so wishy washy about anything. Our trip July 24 starts off at Volcano Bay, because we have never done it. I feel pretty good about that. We are moving to the Poly, and we were going to do the 2 WDW water parks, because we NEVER do that. Pretty bummed they have chosen to not open up what is likely the BEST place to be during a pandemic...submerged in chlorine... so we have changed to going to Aquatica, since we never do that. We have season passes to Legoland that we don't want to go to waste, so we'll do that. Makes the poly seem pretty un-special, but we really wanted to stay there. If I cancel the Poly and return the DVC points, I think we'll cancel the trip altogether and find another destination.

We will also start our trip at Volcano Bay, but on 7/9. We love Volcano Bay and went opening weekend. I am a little nervous about how few masks are being worn, even when people are just sitting and lounging. I get they can't and shouldn't be worn on the attractions.

This poll needs on option for those staying offsite. After reading about all of the restrictions, we cancelled our Disney resort reservations, and now have an offsite split stay booked.

Our arrival night, July 10th, will be spent at Cabana Bay Beach Resort, which looks spiffy & retro, like Pop Century. We'll go to Volcano Bay the next day, then spend four nights at Four Seasons Orlando, during which we'll enjoy their pool complex & briefly hit the theme parks. We have platinum APs, so if we can get into the Disney parks, we will. If not, we'll try Universal for the first time. The last evening we'll check into MCO Hyatt, and fly home the next day.
I agree- we changed our vote to not going but actually just moved our stay to Bonnet Creek. We are going to enjoy the pools and maybe Sea World and Discovery Cove.

I’m in the undetermined but learning towards going group. ONLY because I don’t even know if I’ll get a park reservation! I’ve had my July 2020 trip booked for 10 months... I will only cancel if I can’t get my park day reservations. (Side note: I think it’s absolutely ridiculous Disney hasn’t released any more information on their park reservation system.) My trip is less 42 days away and I don’t even know if I’m going to get to go.

I was scheduled July 25-Aug 1, which I booked in Dec 2019 and was really looking forward to. I cancelled May 12, rescheduled to Dec. It is good that I cancelled and rescheduled, because I really want to go now. I don't know when it will be safe, so I hope for Candlelight Processional, but we will see.

We're going to be there for 4 days at the end of July on rented DVC points at the Polynesian. We're AP holders.
We are definitely, 100% going to be there. Even if we can't get reservations for each day in the parks. If the only thing I do is take a few big sniffs of the Poly lobby, get drinks by the pool, and watch the Disney bedtime cartoons on the TV with my kids at night, it'll be better than being in my house at this point!

I'm with you. We arrive to BRV on July 11th, the date we chose after our May trip got cancelled. Of course, we pick the day the parks open, lol. We were supposed to be going with a few of my kids and grandkids, as well as my sister, but the kids chose not to go due to limited experience, masks on the grandkids, etc. So now it's just me, my husband, and my sister, and while we'd be sad not to be able to experience the parks should we not be able to snag park reservations, we're perfectly content to hang out at Geyser Point Bar & Grill with some food and drinks, staring at Bay Lake, or visiting Disney Springs more than we usually do. Anything to get out of Dodge right now!

I’m in the undetermined but learning towards going group. ONLY because I don’t even know if I’ll get a park reservation! I’ve had my July 2020 trip booked for 10 months... I will only cancel if I can’t get my park day reservations. (Side note: I think it’s absolutely ridiculous Disney hasn’t released any more information on their park reservation system.) My trip is less 42 days away and I don’t even know if I’m going to get to go.

I totally agree! We are 32 days out AND we have no idea what to expect! I just want some more information...I am SUCH a planner and this is driving me crazy!

I have poly booked but cl. I am guessing I will be moved to a villa. However I WILL get to Poly and GF because that's our happy place.

DD and I would be happy if the parks were closed but got lucky that the days we there the parks open. I had booked almost every 2 weeks so we would get to go!!!!!!

My dd25 loves just to listen to the "Must Do's" lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter