POLL: July Folks... Going, Cancelled/Cancelling, or Undetermined?

If You Have A Trip Planed for July, Are You Going, Cancelled, or Undetermined?

• Yes, We Are Still Planning to Go - Resort Guest

Votes: 154 26.9%
  • Yes, We Are Still Planning to Go - DVC Member

Votes: 121 21.2%
  • No, We Have Cancelled Already or Will Definitely Cancel - Resort Guest

Votes: 132 23.1%
  • No, We Have Cancelled Already or Will Definitely Cancel - DVC Member

Votes: 53 9.3%
  • Undetermined, But Leaning Towards Going

Votes: 58 10.1%
  • Undetermined, But Leaning Towards Cancelling

Votes: 54 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is so frustrating! What's going on with your room?

We’re booked at YC. No idea if that hotel is opening or if not, where we will be assigned. That will make a difference in if we go or not. We stay there for easy access to Epcot & Studios. I am so not an outdoorsy, camping person. Fort Wilderness would be a hard no for us. Besides the theming, the logistics of getting around there & to the parks is not something we want to deal with.

I’m 23 days away from the first day. I know that pop is not open but SOME kind of communication would be nice to have from
Disney

I called in this morning, eventhough the recording said that we had to check out before the 11th. I waited to talk to a CM. My ressie was free dining POP July 7th-15th. I asked if I could move to an open resort. That was no problem to do and no additional cost. They offered to move me to the Boardwalk studio. My problem was that "if" I was to check to on the 7th my tickets were removed from the package since the park was closed :( Then we changed my dates to July 11 to 15th and I was able to drop my tickets to 2 day 1 park per day. The tickets will expire within 4 days of the first visit. I was hoping would be sort of like the old tickets that you could use whenever. I paid $10 to cut the reservation by 4 days and the move to boardwalk so not sure on the whole 35% off. I was offered the move with no park tickets for a whole week @ approx $1500 I had paid 2k on my package at pop so had a balance of 1900 still due. I am still on the fence we dont have any info on the park reservation system. I may just cancel the whole thing if I dont know if I can get in the park.

We’re booked at YC. No idea if that hotel is opening or if not, where we will be assigned. That will make a difference in if we go or not. We stay there for easy access to Epcot & Studios. I am so not an outdoorsy, camping person. Fort Wilderness would be a hard no for us. Besides the theming, the logistics of getting around there & to the parks is not something we want to deal with.

Oh that totally makes sense. Maybe you can call and ask which resorts are available! I've seen people moved to SSR, OKW, and other DVC resorts! I am so sorry you're dealing with all this...I know it's not fun!

Oh that totally makes sense. Maybe you can call and ask which resorts are available! I've seen people moved to SSR, OKW, and other DVC resorts! I am so sorry you're dealing with all this...I know it's not fun!

Thank you, you are so sweet! Seems like they are only dealing with people who are departing by July 11 so far. I expect (hope! Lol) that I will be contacted this week & given the contact information. So hopefully just a few more days. We have another trip booked in September, so if this one doesn’t work out, I’m hoping we can at least go then.

Thank you, you are so sweet! Seems like they are only dealing with people who are departing by July 11 so far. I expect (hope! Lol) that I will be contacted this week & given the contact information. So hopefully just a few more days. We have another trip booked in September, so if this one doesn’t work out, I’m hoping we can at least go then.

Sending you lots of pixie dust that it all works out! I am holding on to our trip for dear life because it is/was supposed to be our honeymoon trip and because of work we can only really go for a long trip in the Summers so I am hoping things are looking good for us too!

Sending you lots of pixie dust that it all works out! I am holding on to our trip for dear life because it is/was supposed to be our honeymoon trip and because of work we can only really go for a long trip in the Summers so I am hoping things are looking good for us too!

OMG! You poor thing, it stinks to have this happening for your honeymoon. I hope you get your trip in & you have a great time despite everything.

We're DVC and had a trip scheduled the first week of May. I jumped online the morning they announced the park opening dates and rebooked for July 23-27 at AK Kidani. We will be there no matter what. If we can get into parks, we'll go early and leave before it gets unbearably hot. Hoping to spend most of the time at an umbrella table at the Kidani pool bar!

I called in this morning, eventhough the recording said that we had to check out before the 11th. I waited to talk to a CM. My ressie was free dining POP July 7th-15th. I asked if I could move to an open resort. That was no problem to do and no additional cost. They offered to move me to the Boardwalk studio. My problem was that "if" I was to check to on the 7th my tickets were removed from the package since the park was closed :( Then we changed my dates to July 11 to 15th and I was able to drop my tickets to 2 day 1 park per day. The tickets will expire within 4 days of the first visit. I was hoping would be sort of like the old tickets that you could use whenever. I paid $10 to cut the reservation by 4 days and the move to boardwalk so not sure on the whole 35% off. I was offered the move with no park tickets for a whole week @ approx $1500 I had paid 2k on my package at pop so had a balance of 1900 still due. I am still on the fence we dont have any info on the park reservation system. I may just cancel the whole thing if I dont know if I can get in the park.

Wow, your experience makes me happy we cancelled. We had almost the same dates, 7-14. I was holding out to see where we would be moved to. My theory was they would move us to wherever and we would still have a package but cut down our park tickets from 6 days to 3. That seems crazy the way they did yours, it doesn't sound like what anyone else has had to do, does it? Or maybe it was me misunderstanding.

QUOTE="pookybean, post: 62006570, member: 34566"]
Wow, your experience makes me happy we cancelled. We had almost the same dates, 7-14. I was holding out to see where we would be moved to. My theory was they would move us to wherever and we would still have a package but cut down our park tickets from 6 days to 3. That seems crazy the way they did yours, it doesn't sound like what anyone else has had to do, does it? Or maybe it was me misunderstanding.
[/QUOTE]
Yes you read it right that is how they handled my trip but I think that we must be part of that group that fell in the 1/2 open and 1/2 closed due to the 7th check in.

I had voted to keep our July 13-16 trip, but then we got to a month out and I didn’t know where I’d be staying (since Pop likely wasn’t opening) or whether we’d get into the parks we wanted (even tho we had park hopper tix.)

we made the call to switch to UO and switched our dates to July 1-6.

Still curious what would’ve happened with my Disney plans though.😀

QUOTE="pookybean, post: 62006570, member: 34566"]
Yes you read it right that is how they handled my trip but I think that we must be part of that group that fell in the 1/2 open and 1/2 closed due to the 7th check in.
[/QUOTE]

Thats nuts. So if you had kept the 7-15, they would not have let you purchase park tickets at all with it?

Yes exactly If I had kept my check in from the seventh through the 15th I could not have any tickets. Only the resort reservation

We’re going! Studio at the Riviera July 14-19, four nights right before that at Universal’s Royal Pacific. Fingers crossed these park reservations won’t be a big mess, and that the reduced capacity will help on the big attractions.

We are still going July 8-18. Staying at Kidani on points and have APs. Got my fingers crossed this reservation system works out. Still holding out hope (but not expecting) a chance at a preview event leading up to the 11th.

For the first time ever we rented a car for our Disney trip. With the bus system being: 1- a big unknown as to how it will work efficiently and 2- possibly being crammed into tight quarters.... I thought I'd rather just do the driving myself.

My son and I had a July 10-16 DVC BLT (Bay Lake, not the sandwich... although I am hungry) reservation. Canceled it when I saw only 2 parks would be open for 5 of the 6 days of our stay. Even if all parks were fully open, at this point my son and I decided we didn't want to walk around in the July heat with masks on and were not comfortable being around people who refused to wear masks. We rescheduled for January, when he's home on college break.

I cancelled our July trip 11-15 and rebooked for fall break in October since only two parks would be open while we are there. We also have a universal trip planned so i turned this into a 5 day trip instead.

You had same timeframe as we did, and canceled for same reason. Pointless to go when only 2 parks are open and one of the main reasons we were going was to check out RoR.

We happen to have reservations starting July 11th too! We haven't received any of the emails though stating that we will have access to the reservation system. Have you?
Mine start on July 11 as well. 4th time rebooking this trip this year. Was to go a week after they closed, then rebooked for May, then June, now this. Why? Because my son is so worth it. He has autism and finished school with a 3.6 GPA. We are doing this!!! He still hasn't had a grad ceremony, no prom, missed so much. So this is it. I must get park reservations #mamabear

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter