Pop Century Room Renovations

Was talking with a CM earlier today regarding my questions about the dog policy and also my reservation at Pop in January. She said that they are almost done with the refurbishments, and I said for which decade, and she said "the whole resort, from what I can understand!". As much as I wanted to believe her....that seems really far off the mark based on the info I gather from this thread!
I'm sorry but there is no way. I was there just 3 or so months ago and only one building had been done and they were half way on another. That would require a massive staff operating 24/7.

So I can save about $200-$300 if I book the Play, Stay, Dine package, but I can only get Preferred or Standard Pool View. I currently just have a Standard view. I'm going Feb 27-March 4. Would it be better to keep my Standard view in hopes of getting a refurbished room or should I switch?

I apologize in advanced if this was already answered within this thread...

I made reservations from 3/23-3/28 with a preferred room. Are any of the newly renovated rooms preferred?

I apologize in advanced if this was already answered within this thread...

I made reservations from 3/23-3/28 with a preferred room. Are any of the newly renovated rooms preferred?
Not yet but Building 10 will be open by your trip and it has preferred rooms in it. Building 7 will also have preferred rooms but until they close it and start the rehab it's hard to tell if it will be open in time for your trip or not. Hopefully it will be but with Building 10 taking longer than anticipated I'm starting to be more conservative with my rehab date guesses.

Thank you so much!

Not yet but Building 10 will be open by your trip and it has preferred rooms in it. Building 7 will also have preferred rooms but until they close it and start the rehab it's hard to tell if it will be open in time for your trip or not. Hopefully it will be but with Building 10 taking longer than anticipated I'm starting to be more conservative with my rehab date guesses.

Should I choose a Standard Pool View or Preferred room? I'm hoping for a refurbished room and I was looking forward to the 70's section. Standard Pool View is only about $50 less total. I'm a little worried about the noise from the pool, but don't know how loud the computer pool really gets? I'm leaning towards Preferred room and hoping Building 6 will be done by the time I get there February 27.

I’m thinking they either don’t know or they can’t actually say a date because they would most likely be wrong.
All I can say is that when I was there during the hurricane last month, they had the first floor rooms closest to the 80's set to hand over on Sept 19th, and then the dates kept going on from there, but even though a handful of rooms may be complete, they wont hand it over till the whole building is done.

Should I choose a Standard Pool View or Preferred room? I'm hoping for a refurbished room and I was looking forward to the 70's section. Standard Pool View is only about $50 less total. I'm a little worried about the noise from the pool, but don't know how loud the computer pool really gets? I'm leaning towards Preferred room and hoping Building 6 will be done by the time I get there February 27.
I can only say from what I experienced and I didn't hear much from the 90's pool at all. The hours are not as set as the other one and it was closed more than it was open when I was there

What’s the progress like in building 10? Traveling in less than 3 weeks with a preferred room reserved and really hoped for a refurbished room.

Thanks for the status updates everyone. Out of curiosity, are any standard pool view rooms refurbished yet. That's what I previously had booked and then I switched to preferred. Now everything is fully booked so there's no switching.

Thanks for the status updates everyone. Out of curiosity, are any standard pool view rooms refurbished yet. That's what I previously had booked and then I switched to preferred. Now everything is fully booked so there's no switching.

Yes, there are 3 buildings that are refurbished with standard pool view rooms. Buildings 7, 8 and 9 have these.

I don't know what is worse today, knowing that bc my boss has to have heart surgery the next 6 weeks is going to be INSANE at work, or the lack of info on Building 10 and Building 6 still not being started.

I’ve been following this thread for the last hundred pages or so in anticipation of my January trip, but can someone please tell me...what is so important about building 10? Is it just the excitement of a new building opening, or is there something special about 10 itself?

I’ve been following this thread for the last hundred pages or so in anticipation of my January trip, but can someone please tell me...what is so important about building 10? Is it just the excitement of a new building opening, or is there something special about 10 itself?
Building 10 has preferred rooms. The ones up till now don't. Plus it gives an idea of how long each building is taking.

It's closer to Classic Hall. That's why we want it.

I can only say from what I experienced and I didn't hear much from the 90's pool at all. The hours are not as set as the other one and it was closed more than it was open when I was there
Okay, I think I'll keep my pool view room for now. I was just a little worried that we might hear a lot of noise from the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter