Pop Century Room Renovations

IMG_0241.JPG IMG_0240.JPG IMG_0239.JPG

Shame. Shame! How dare you travel without the mandatory tape measure??? Seriously, though, U.S. paper currency is 6.25".

I'd measure a credit card for you in case you don't have cash...but I don't have a tape measure.[/QUOTE]
Bottom pic is cubbies under sink
2nd is lower cubbies to right of sink
Top is closet cubbies

And now cubbies is starting to sound weird.

Last night was our first night in the new rooms.
The cubbies under the sink are about a foot deep (about an inch longer than my iPad which is the only thing I have to measure with, lol). The cubbies to the right are deeper, probably, about 1 1/2 ft deep.
The dresser drawers are surprisingly small in depth. I usually share a drawer with my son when we are here , but this time mine by themselves barely fit. I have about 9 outfits (t's, tanks & size small shorts, 1 swimsuit, & undergarments. They are squeezed in there. There is enough space under the dresser to line up our shoes, & the suitcases are under the bed, which is nice
The bathroom mirror has a vanity light all the way around the mirror which I love. I can use the big mirror to do my makeup in the morning while my mom is using the makeup mirror & it worked out nice this morning.
The shower track is on the top so the bottom is just flat metal with a lip to guide the door so I don't see them getting dirty as being a problem at all. I do see how it might be in the way for a mom to bathe her littles though.
The bigger beds do make the floor space seem cramped. I haven't hit my shin yet, but I think it's inevitable this week. We don't stay in our rooms much so the lack of walking space doesn't bother us but other families of four, it might.
We always used the table for our catch-all but we are keeping both beds down & the dresser has become our catch all with more than enough room as the snacks are able to be stacked on the beverage center. Its awesome to have coffee in the room.
We haven't noticed any increase in noise from the floors. We're on the third floor.
Overall, we are really enjoying the room & im happy we were able to book. It's a great improvement.

Thank you for sharing! Is there a fan in the bathroom? I thought I saw that there isn't.

For those interested, bed being pulled down (with 1 hand by a girl looking like she's not needing to exert a lot of energy) is at approx the 3:45 min mark.

LOL - is anyone else glad they're not footing the bill for all these renovations??!! I look at those beautiful TVs and think of how long I'd need to save (i.e. how much of my Disney vacation it would eat up! :eek: ) and can't begin to fathom the cost of these awesome renovations!
Look up flat screen tv's. I think you'll be surprised at how much they've come down in price in recent years. Not to mention the discount Disney gets for buying in massive bulk. :)

Well, for heat there's the hot tub. For cold, roll ice cold cans of soda under your feet (bring salt to mix with the ice in the bucket to speed chilling.)

We're still a family of 6 when we travel so we still stay at either Pop Century (2 rooms) or a suite at AoA...so no hot tub for us. :( I use a tennis ball, Biofreeze, peppermint foot lotion, and Motrin to take care of my aching feet for the most part. Soaking them is just an added bonus. :)

Thank you for sharing! Is there a fan in the bathroom? I thought I saw that there isn't.

I know the one video I watched the people made it sound like there wasn't a fan in the bathroom (saying the room is generally quiet and that the sliding door in the bathroom doesn't really "contain" the "bathroom" sounds so they always had the TV on and turned up if someone was using the bathroom.) and I commented on it. Someone replied to my comment and said that there *is* a fan in the bathroom but it has a motion sensor and seemed to shut off quickly. It didn't sound like there was a switch to turn in on -- just the motion sensor.

I know the one video I watched the people made it sound like there wasn't a fan in the bathroom (saying the room is generally quiet and that the sliding door in the bathroom doesn't really "contain" the "bathroom" sounds so they always had the TV on and turned up if someone was using the bathroom.) and I commented on it. Someone replied to my comment and said that there *is* a fan in the bathroom but it has a motion sensor and seemed to shut off quickly. It didn't sound like there was a switch to turn in on -- just the motion sensor.

Thanks!

Hopefully this video hasn't been posted yet. I like her look around the new rooms.

She says that there is an automatic fan that turns on in the bathroom when you walk in.@Mike&AllisMom

The fan in my bathroom has been on since I checked in. It never turns off! It's not loud though so it hasn't really bothered me.

Look up flat screen tv's. I think you'll be surprised at how much they've come down in price in recent years. Not to mention the discount Disney gets for buying in massive bulk. :)

Yep. We got a 55" LG Flatscreen TV for ~$250 on Black Friday a few years ago. I'm sure Walmart still made some profit on that TV. I didn't notice what brand of TV is in the refurbished Pop Century rooms, but I would bet that Disney is paying far less than $250 per unit.

The only thing I noticed was her Dooney and Bourke magicband. :rotfl:

Oh geez, now I'll have to watch it.

Watched ....

- Love two MB, I usually wear two but both mine together.
- Clearly no sense of design since she called it Art Deco :laughing:
- Said the fans were SENSor fans. Made me laugh .. like scents.
- DH says rooms very tight, I think they will hear that from groups.
- But she hit nail on head, goal is for more adult pairs or solo.
- 25+ stays, no freezer, just colder top.

Last edited:
It's the white one on her left wrist. She has a regular pink one on her right wrist. ;)

Watched ....

Oh geez, now I'll have to watch it.

Watched ....

- Love two MB, I usually wear two but both mine together.
- Clearly no sense of design since she called it Art Deco :laughing:
- Said the fans were SENSor fans. Made me laugh .. like scents.
- DH says rooms very tight, I think they will hear that from groups.
- But she hit nail on head, goal is for more adult pairs or solo.
- 25+ stays, no freezer, just colder top.

I am sure this has been asked and answered so thank you for being patient and re-answering . What sections are refurbished now and what section will be done in September?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter