Popcorn kernel stuck in my throat! UPDATE ~ It's Gone!! p. 8

Grrr! So frustrating! I went to lunch and had hard bread and pizza with a very crunchy crust and still no luck! :sad2:

Just had to big spoonfuls of peanut butter. I tried to not get it too wet before swallowing it so it was good and sticky going down. So far, nothing....but maybe between the crunchy bread and the peanut butter, it will be gone in the morning. This is really starting to drive me crazy. It's so frustrating, I feel like I can't think about anything else but this feeling in my throat!

Did you try a lot of this? :drinking1

Beer? Or just drinks in general? I've been drinking water like crazy...maybe tomorrow I'll drink a lot of beer, vomit and it will dislodge?? :sad2:

*snapping fingers* Oh no you didn't....:lmao:

Hey Nikki - I hope you get rid of the popcorn kernel and feel better soon. Hmmm....maybe gargle (aggressively!) with some warm salt water? My mom had us do that when we had sore throats - maybe it would help dislodge the kernel shell?

(P.S. I've been enjoying your 4th of July trip report!)

Debbie

NEVER again!

*snapping fingers* Oh no you didn't....:lmao:

Hey Nikki - I hope you get rid of the popcorn kernel and feel better soon. Hmmm....maybe gargle (aggressively!) with some warm salt water? My mom had us do that when we had sore throats - maybe it would help dislodge the kernel shell?

(P.S. I've been enjoying your 4th of July trip report!)

Debbie

Thanks Debbie!

I have a feeling I'm going to end up at the ERT dr by the end of the week to get scoped. :sad2:

Mine was stuck for three days so maybe you'll wake up tomorrow and it'll be gone. :thumbsup2

Here's the asian equivalent to the bread thing.....

Take a soft lettuce leaf and put in a spoonful of rice (cooked!). You're making a "wrap" that is big and soft and bulky. Hopefully eating it will do the same as the bread idea.

Beer? Or just drinks in general? I've been drinking water like crazy...maybe tomorrow I'll drink a lot of beer, vomit and it will dislodge?? :sad2:

I always thought this guy was drinking soda! :drinking1 :blush:

Maybe eating cake will help. :cake: Couldn't hurt. :flower3:

One possibility is that the kernel is stuck in a tonsillar crypt which is a pocket at the back on your throat. You have one on each side & this is the pouch in which your tonsil sits.

It is very common for small particles such as seeds, popcorn hulls etc to get stuck down there.

The other thing it could be is a tonsil stone that is unrelated to the popcorn & just a coincidence. Tonsil stones give that "foreign body" feeling at the back of the throat the way a popcorn kernel could.

Have you taken a flash light & had a good look into your throat? Sometimes you can see the offending hull/seed/ tonsil stone sticking up out of the crypt. It you don't, it doesn't mean it isn't there; it just means it is deeper in the pocket.

Try some really agressive gargling with salt water, swishing the fluid well into the pockets. You can also try flexing your neck forward, pushing your tongue into the roof of your mouth and swallowing and that can sometimes push debris out the tonsillar crypt.

The other thing to try is using a water pick & flushing out the tonsillar crypt but you should run that by your family doctor.

Good Luck! Those little things in life sure can be annoying!

Nikki - I hope when you wake up tomorrow it is gone.
Sending pixie dust your way. :wizard: **POOF**

Keep us updated. :)

I have had a husk stuck many times before and the bread trick always worked.

Day 4 : Still there!

I'm going to gain 5 pounds by the time this is all over because I feel like all I've been doing is eating! Honestly, when I'm eating, I don't feel it....and the more I eat, the more I feel like I can get it to go away. I woke up this morning feeling like I ate waaay to much yesterday. I'm sure the 2 big scoops of peanut butter before bed had something to do with that....

Grrrrrrr! It's just so frustrating!

I thought he was drinking guiness :laughing:

Me too! :rotfl:

One possibility is that the kernel is stuck in a tonsillar crypt which is a pocket at the back on your throat. You have one on each side & this is the pouch in which your tonsil sits.

It is very common for small particles such as seeds, popcorn hulls etc to get stuck down there.

The other thing it could be is a tonsil stone that is unrelated to the popcorn & just a coincidence. Tonsil stones give that "foreign body" feeling at the back of the throat the way a popcorn kernel could.

Have you taken a flash light & had a good look into your throat? Sometimes you can see the offending hull/seed/ tonsil stone sticking up out of the crypt. It you don't, it doesn't mean it isn't there; it just means it is deeper in the pocket.

Try some really agressive gargling with salt water, swishing the fluid well into the pockets. You can also try flexing your neck forward, pushing your tongue into the roof of your mouth and swallowing and that can sometimes push debris out the tonsillar crypt.

The other thing to try is using a water pick & flushing out the tonsillar crypt but you should run that by your family doctor.

Good Luck! Those little things in life sure can be annoying!

Thanks for all your advice but I don't think that's it. It's much further down than the tonsil area. It doesn't feel like the back of my throat, more like the bottom of my throat. :confused3

I was so hoping to read an update that it was gone. Go Nikki and have it looked at. I mean is the weight gain worth this!?!:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: Just kidding.

Keeping the faith that it clears on its own - keep us posted!:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter