Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Points went up, cash prices way down. Darn. Another SW game to play. I could cancel and rebook on cash. My DH is flying as a companion. Idk if I want to mess with that.

Last edited:
So, the Fly By lane helps get through security faster? Am I understanding that correctly? I know I’ll still have to go through the regular security procedures, but we’ll enter a quicker line to speed up the process?

And thanks for the tip about checkin. That was the main reason I opted for this upgrade, the guaranteed A-1 to A-15.
That is correct. Depending on what airport your flying out of. At each airport airlines can pay to have another security line just for whomever they want to send there, typically their elite frequent flyers. Sometimes it's worth it for the airlines, sometimes it's not. I know there has been quite a bit of consternation that Southwest does not have "FlyBy" lanes at MDW, I don't think I've seen the at MCO either.

Use promotion code SAVE50 from 6/15-6/17 for travel 9/15-11/3/21. If you booked on points check and double check. If we had paid cash we would have saved. With points, our fares increased significantly.
I changed mine late last night, but didn’t have to put in the Save50 promo code. I wonder if that means I could save more. I doubt it though since the price definitely dropped in a huge way even without it.

That is correct. Depending on what airport your flying out of. At each airport airlines can pay to have another security line just for whomever they want to send there, typically their elite frequent flyers. Sometimes it's worth it for the airlines, sometimes it's not. I know there has been quite a bit of consternation that Southwest does not have "FlyBy" lanes at MDW, I don't think I've seen the at MCO either.
Great! Thanks for the info. BWI is listed as having it and I’m pretty sure I recall seeing it.

I changed mine late last night, but didn’t have to put in the Save50 promo code. I wonder if that means I could save more. I doubt it though since the price definitely dropped in a huge way even without it.

yes I’m wondering if that promo code works on top of the cash prices listed? Anyone try it?

Okay, so I was playing around and put the Save50 code in while trying to book a points travel and it took half the points off. The problem is that when I then went to try to change my existing flight for which I used points, there is no way to put the promo code in. If I were to cancel my flight and rebook, how quickly do the points get returned to my account?

Okay, so I was playing around and put the Save50 code in while trying to book a points travel and it took half the points off. The problem is that when I then went to try to change my existing flight for which I used points, there is no way to put the promo code in. If I were to cancel my flight and rebook, how quickly do the points get returned to my account?
I have always found that points are returned immediately! After the transaction you can log out, log back in and BAM! The points are back!

Hi - i need advice. I booked 5 adults last week for our Thanksgiving trip. Now one of the adults (non- family member) is having to pull out for family reasons. has anyone experienced this enough to tell me what my options are? we may have someone else coming that can take that ticket...i just don't know how all this works & i wanted to ask here before calling southwest. If it makes a difference I booked wanna get away fares on cash with early bird for all of us both ways... thanks in advance..i really appreciate it..

I tested booking at the price listed and then tried the next one going through the prompt for the 50%. The price was the same, so you cant save any more by clicking into the 50%, it’s the same as the price listed

Hi - i need advice. I booked 5 adults last week for our Thanksgiving trip. Now one of the adults (non- family member) is having to pull out for family reasons. has anyone experienced this enough to tell me what my options are? we may have someone else coming that can take that ticket...i just don't know how all this works & i wanted to ask here before calling southwest. If it makes a difference I booked wanna get away fares on cash with early bird for all of us both ways... thanks in advance..i really appreciate it..
If you contact Southwest via phone or social media they will be able to split the reservation for you so the person that needs to cancel is on their own reservation. Then you can cancel that person's reservation. The funds you paid can only be used by that person and expire 1 year from the original date of purchase. Tickets can't be transferred so you'll need to purchase a new ticket if somebody else joins you. I can't speak to Early Bird though.

If you contact Southwest via phone or social media they will be able to split the reservation for you so the person that needs to cancel is on their own reservation. Then you can cancel that person's reservation. The funds you paid can only be used by that person and expire 1 year from the original date of purchase. Tickets can't be transferred so you'll need to purchase a new ticket if somebody else joins you. I can't speak to Early Bird though.

Early Bird is nonrefundable. So unfortunately that money is just lost.

I tested booking at the price listed and then tried the next one going through the prompt for the 50%. The price was the same, so you cant save any more by clicking into the 50%, it’s the same as the price listed

I think not all flights are eligible for the save50 promo. I checked some & it shows the original price with a slash thru it & has the new price listed. So maybe the flights you are looking at aren’t included. And you have to type “save50” in the promo code box. Not sure if you did that?

You can also change existing flights to the new lower fares, if applicable.
Use promotion code SAVE50 from 6/15-6/17 for travel 9/15-11/3/21. If you booked on points check and double check. If we had paid cash we would have saved. With points, our fares increased significantly.

Is is possible to apply the discount code to change an existing reservation, or would we have to cancel and rebook? It looks like it might save us even on points, but I just added EBCI (to take advantage of the bonus points on the SW card last week), and I don't want to lose that. I don't see anywhere to add the code after selecting change reservation.

From now on I'm going to book each way independently. This way I can change one leg without messing up the whole reservation.
I book each leg separately whenever I book a flight that uses travel funds and/or rewards points. One of the reasons I do this is because SWA puts a limit on how many forms of payment you can use and I often have travel funds from several flights. The other reason is that it is easier to book one leg with points/funds and one leg with cash.

I think not all flights are eligible for the save50 promo. I checked some & it shows the original price with a slash thru it & has the new price listed. So maybe the flights you are looking at aren’t included. And you have to type “save50” in the promo code box. Not sure if you did that?
I was responding to a poster who asked if anyone tried to see if adding the code saved more than just what was under the slashed price. it doesn’t, you don’t need to add the code it’s already listed as 50%

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter