Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

For points bookings (at least for the dates that I am looking at) the discounted flight only shows up if I add the code.
Good to know, I only tested the actual cash not the points. now I’m going to check my return flight I had booked with points🤣

So, apparently, the Save50 promo does work on some points fares. It’s only on new bookings. I just canceled my one way from MCO to BWI and rebooked it with the promo. I ended up getting Business Select and still had points left that were refunded to me. This deal has worked great for me. I had not booked EBCI, but now I don’t need it with the Business Select I just booked. Yay me!

So, apparently, the Save50 promo does work on some points fares. It’s only on new bookings. I just canceled my one way from MCO to BWI and rebooked it with the promo. I ended up getting Business Select and still had points left that were refunded to me. This deal has worked great for me. I had not booked EBCI, but now I don’t need it with the Business Select I just booked. Yay me!

I did the same thing, but I had already added ECBI - just last week! (I had only added it to 2 of our 3 tickets since I should be getting my companion pass in the next few weeks, so the 3rd ticket will be canceled & changed to a companion pass flight). I canceled & rebooked Business Select fares, and we still got points back. I had been thinking of changing our flight down to an earlier flight, but without the promo it would have meant an increase in the points needed. Now we have the flight I wanted, boarding in A1- A15, and spent fewer points! And I don't even mind that I paid for ECBI that we no longer need, since I did it to take advantage of the 1 day 10x points on SW spending last week, and it pushed me over the threshhold for the companion pass!

Okay, so I was playing around and put the Save50 code in while trying to book a points travel and it took half the points off. The problem is that when I then went to try to change my existing flight for which I used points, there is no way to put the promo code in. If I were to cancel my flight and rebook, how quickly do the points get returned to my account?

As a pp said, points are returned to your RR acct immediately.

I tested booking at the price listed and then tried the next one going through the prompt for the 50%. The price was the same, so you cant save any more by clicking into the 50%, it’s the same as the price listed

The cash price is the same, but the points cost is less through the promo code. I booked an outgoing flight with points that showed a cash price of $108 (14,329 pts). For the return, I went through the promo link expecting it to be the same since the cash price was the same, but noticed the points were half of what I had just booked for the outgoing flight. I finished booking the return and then went back in through the promo to check the outgoing flight and sure enough.....that flight was half the points of what I booked. I quickly rebooked through the promo and then cancelled the other one. Just want to let others know that even though the cash price is the same with or without the promo, going through the promo link is necessary to get the cheaper points cost.

Is is possible to apply the discount code to change an existing reservation, or would we have to cancel and rebook? It looks like it might save us even on points, but I just added EBCI (to take advantage of the bonus points on the SW card last week), and I don't want to lose that. I don't see anywhere to add the code after selecting change reservation.

You would have to cancel and rebook as I don't think there's any way (none that I've found anyway) to apply the promo to an existing reservation. Unfortunately, upon cancelling, you will lose EBCI and would have to repurchase that on the re-booked flight.

You would have to cancel and rebook as I don't think there's any way (none that I've found anyway) to apply the promo to an existing reservation. Unfortunately, upon cancelling, you will lose EBCI and would have to repurchase that on the re-booked flight.

I did decide to cancel & rebook, but was able to book Business Select fares and still get points back, so it didn't really matter that we lost the ECBI.

Okay, so I was playing around and put the Save50 code in while trying to book a points travel and it took half the points off. The problem is that when I then went to try to change my existing flight for which I used points, there is no way to put the promo code in. If I were to cancel my flight and rebook, how quickly do the points get returned to my account?
Thank you for posting that the promo works for points too! I was able to rebook and get the exact flights i wanted for only 2000 extra points instead of 40000! (We originally booked the cheapest option a few weeks ago hoping for a red banner or some kind of sale.)

Wonder if they'll extend the sale because of the outage. Has anyone had problems rebooking your flight online and then go in to rebook your companion pass with no availability? Thanks.

Wonder if they'll extend the sale because of the outage. Has anyone had problems rebooking your flight online and then go in to rebook your companion pass with no availability? Thanks.
They might extend date or extend into November. We have two friends caught in this computer glitch fiasco. They said it's a mess!

So I have a flight change banner for tomorrow’s flight. Ugh. I hope our flight ends up happening

I did decide to cancel & rebook, but was able to book Business Select fares and still get points back, so it didn't really matter that we lost the ECBI.
I have a trip booked and could save some points using Save50 but a place to enter the code doesn't show up when I try to change the flights.
I didn't purchase EBCI
Will I lose anything by canceling and rebooking? I've never done that before. Only ever changed flight to get the lower cost.
A little nervous that I will foul things up somehow. Like go to rebook and there's not 4 seats available.
Is there any risk.

I have a trip booked and could save some points using Save50 but a place to enter the code doesn't show up when I try to change the flights.
I didn't purchase EBCI
Will I lose anything by canceling and rebooking? I've never done that before. Only ever changed flight to get the lower cost.
A little nervous that I will foul things up somehow. Like go to rebook and there's not 4 seats available.
Is there any risk.

I suppose there is theoretically a chance that you could cancel & then have the tickets sell before you can repurchase, but I’ve never had an issue. I just make sure I repurchase right away. And the site will usually tell you if there are only a few remaining tickets in a particular category (wanna getaway, anytime, or business select). When I did mine today it told me that our flight down only had 4 of the business select fares left at that price, but I had no problem cancelling our existing reservation & then booking 3 of the 4 business select fares that were available at the promo price.

I didn't purchase EBCI
Is there any risk.
I always rebook first and then cancel if I can (meaning I have enough points). As long as you cancel the original flight right away there won’t be an issue. I just did that today and was double booked for an hour or so while I waited for southwest to split my original reservation. No problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter