Post your Favorite DLR Holiday photo

2970586780102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2814056960102182720S500x500Q85.jpg

2537867880102182720S500x500Q85.jpg

2258016740102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

We just got back from our first trip to Disneyland
IMG_5736.jpg

IMG_5545.jpg

Adorable! I love those pictures, especially the one with Goofy! When exactly was that second photo taken - of the two little ones and the stuffed Mickey in front of the Grand Californian Hotel tree? The reason I ask is because those kids look familiar, and I wonder if you were there on one of the nights I was sitting in the GCH lobby, watching people take pictures by the tree!!!:goodvibes

Thank You. The second picture was taken on 12/16. We had a great time at the Grand Californian.

Thank You. The second picture was taken on 12/16. We had a great time at the Grand Californian.

No, then I guess I didn't see you guys. I didn't get there until 12/19! But I swear, as I sat there, right by the tree, and watched all sorts of people go up to have their pictures taken, there was a little girl and boy with a stuffed animal posing very similarly to your kids!! How funny!

Yes, isn't the GCH a great hotel around the holidays? It has such a nice, warm, cozy vibe to it, with the piano player and the guitar player and the fireplace and the dim lights/dark wood and giant tree and all that. It really complements the holiday season and vice versa, I think. Plus, the location cannot be beat! And Storytellers is a nice, comfy, cozy restaurant. I stayed at GCH last year in December and also in 2001 for the holidays. This time we stayed at PPH, which was more than fine, but I STILL insisted on going to sit in the GCH lobby to take pictures with Santa and see the carolers perform by the tree!!

And from 1994:
GOOFYSKITCHENDEC1994-PLUTO-SHERRY-J.jpg
Sorry, :offtopic: but I cracked up when I saw this...in 1994 I was pregnant with my oldest son, and I had that same Mickey shirt that the girl to the left of Pluto is wearing...I loved that shirt, it was so cute with Mickey peeking through his legs when my tummy was round with baby! :lmao: I just thought it was funny how deeply the 'Disney connection' runs!

And from 1994:
GOOFYSKITCHENDEC1994-PLUTO-SHERRY-J.jpg
Sorry, :offtopic: but I cracked up when I saw this...in 1994 I was pregnant with my oldest son, and I had that same Mickey shirt that the girl to the left of Pluto is wearing...I loved that shirt, it was so cute with Mickey peeking through his legs when my tummy was round with baby! :lmao: I just thought it was funny how deeply the 'Disney connection' runs!

That's me in the picture with the Mickey shirt, DizFan13! I guess those shirts must have been popular in 1994!:rotfl: I wore that shirt off and on over the years up until 2007, until it was almost in tatters! I have never found another shirt like it, where Mickey was making that same pose, and I wondered why because it was kind of unique and unexpected. I wish I could find another one - I would buy several of them just to keep on hand. I can't remember how or where I got it - maybe someone gave it to me? - but it became my favorite Mickey shirt of all time. I got more comments on that shirt without even trying to get attention. People loved it - both women AND men, old and young. They would stare at it quizzically, like they couldn't figure out what Mickey was doing and if it was G-rated or obscene!! In any case, when I first got the shirt it was pretty large and roomy on me because I was just about at my thinnest point and the shirt was oversized, but it still fit me as the years progressed and I went up and down and up in sizes, so it was versatile too!

I bet the Mickey peeking through his legs would have looked really cute on a pregnant belly!

With Santa at the Grand Californian Hotel, December 2008:

image008.jpg

By the DCA Christmas tree, December 2008:

image280.jpg

Some holiday pics from our trip in November...

ry%3D400

I can imagine Santa saying "You want WHAT for Christmas??"

ry%3D400

We had to let the girls do lots of silly poses so they would smile nice for some pictures. This ended up being one of my favorite pictures!

Dianna

One of the things I like about Disneyland is that you can find enjoyment in the simple things. I was in a looooooonnnggg line for IASW and the lights on the building dimmed for the light show thing that happens on the building, and then the snow started falling. I saw this one lady who was happily reaching out to catch the 'snow.' It just reminded me of why we go...
474744235_7m2VG-XL.jpg

These pictures are only confirming for me that I want to go to DLR at Halloween and Christmas time. I'm trying to plan a trip for this year for Halloween and maybe next year we'll do Christmas. The decorations are stunning! Great photos everyone!

These pictures are only confirming for me that I want to go to DLR at Halloween and Christmas time. I'm trying to plan a trip for this year for Halloween and maybe next year we'll do Christmas. The decorations are stunning! Great photos everyone!

They really are stunning - especially at Christmastime. If you have never been there during that time of year, I think we all would agree that you MUST do it at least once. As magical as DLR is during any other time of year, it is no exaggeration to say that during the holidays it takes on a whole other level of magic! It is almost breathtaking when you walk down Main Street at night and see all the lights, and see the sparkly Winter Castle glowing throughout the park, or the gorgeous IASW Holiday facade at night, which is so colorful I just stand there in a trance staring at it, transfixed, with my mouth open, looking like a fool. You get chills and goosebumps. There is something about the beauty of the decorations and all the Christmas trees and the holiday food and the music and the lights that just mixes so well with the 'regular' Disney magic. There is nothing like it. I don't think any other non-Disney park could compare at Christmastime. Heck, it's only March and I am itching to get back there for the holidays NOW!!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter