Post your Favorite DLR Holiday photo

Croconile, that Pooh/DD picture looks like it straight out of a DLR brochure or commercial! In fact, I have seen quite a few photos taken by DIS-ers on the various picture threads that look like they truly belong in a DLR ad (like the precious photo of the elderly couple in the Teacups from the Spirit of DLR thread, which we all love!). I wish that those who took these brochure-worthy photos could somehow submit them to Disney's art/creative department for possible publishing, and at least make some money of of these fantastic images!!! They may not accept all of them, but I bet they would take some of them (like the one of the elderly couple)!

Aww, thanks Sherry! Actually, I have to give all of the credit to my new camera...I've just been absolutely blown away by how nice the photos turned out. I'm not really doing anything different so it must be the equipment!

Well, now you just have to tell us what kind of camera you've got. I agree - the picture is fantastic - and so cute!

Okay, since the holidays are here, I present to you some 'vintage' holiday pictures from the Disneyland Hotel, in 1992. I loved it when they had Candy Cane Lane. I wish they would bring it back!

This was the old Christmas tree set-up at the DLH, and there was a sleigh you could climb in to take pictures. Off to the far left is a white reindeer made out of wicker or some similar thing. In the sleigh, I am the one on the left, closest to the giant crayons, and that's my friend Mandy on the right, closer to the big presents:
DisneylandHotel-December1992.jpg

And here is the super cute gingerbread house display they used to have - notice that it says Disneyland Hotel on a lollipop! That is me on the left, my friend Shawn in the middle and Mandy on the right, in the white shirt. For some reason, these pictures looked blurry after I scanned and uploaded them, but the actual prints are not blurry. Oh well! You get the idea!
DisneylandHotel-CandyCaneLane-Dec19.jpg

^^Too Cute! Thanks for posting Sherry!

:goodvibes I was feeling very festive and in a holiday mood today, so wanted to drag out some ancient DLR holiday pictures! I hope we get some more people posting on this thread with photos from this holiday season!:santa:

I love those pictures Sherry! Thanks for posting them. Candy Cane Lane looks like it was a great place to take pictures. :santa:

I love those pictures Sherry! Thanks for posting them. Candy Cane Lane looks like it was a great place to take pictures. :santa:

Thanks, Jennifer!:goodvibes I loved Candy Cane Lane. It was so cute! Don't get me wrong - I love that DCA was added to the DLR and I love that we now have DTD as an extra place to see when we are there, but I WISH there had been some way to preserve the old DLH. There were extra shops and restaurants and lounges in the old DLH, and Goofy's Kitchen was in a different location than where it is now. They had more space to do Candy Cane Lane, and Santa would come in and do his thing, and they had little special foods and knick-knacks. As soon as the DLH was redone to make room for all the new stuff, they got rid of a whole big chunk of the hotel and Candy Cane Lane went with it:mad: Now, when I am at DLR for the holidays and am walking around on all those pathways that connect DTD to PPH and PPH to DLH, and that lead to the parking areas, etc., they look so barren and I always think that would be a great place to do a new Candy Cane Lane! They could decorate all those walkways with twinkly lights in the trees, and colored lights strewn about, and topiary (or wicker) animals along the path. Sprinkle it with some fake snow. It seems like they could do something back on all those footpaths! Anyway, they could still have Santa at GCH, but if they put in some exclusive holiday stuff in each hotel, like ornate gingerbread displays, it would give people a reason to visit each hotel and see what is there!

Does DLR still sell the reindeer Mickey ears? I don't recall seeing anyone wearing them last December, but we bought some back in the '90s and I found pictures. I am looking through more photo albums from 1993 and 1994, with some more holiday stuff. They changed the displays around a little each year, as I recall. I found a picture I took of a Goofy's Kitchen Holiday Feast sign back in '93 or so. I will have to scan a couple more holiday pictures in the next few days and upload them so I can post more 'vintage' (if you consider the early '90's to be vintage!) DLR holiday stuff on this thread!!!:santa:

Thanks Sherry E! That huge ornament hanging on the tree just caught my eye and it was at the perfect level!

Great retro and stylistic "artsy" shots, Sherry and disneyluvr

Thank you! I wasn't sure if 1992 DLH was considered vintage, but that whole Candy Cane Lane display at the DLH is something that they discontinued, so it is fun to look at stuff that used to be there!

I know this isnt a Christmas picture, but I just figured out how to post pics and thought I would put this halloween pic in the thread, enjoy!

1001687.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter